It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vaping - The new evil

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Seems like lately there has been a full-court-press on vaping in the MSM. Seems like every media outlet is shouting about it from every rooftop.

One example...

Vaping Evils

I wonder though, is this really an issue, OR is it just the big tobacco companies making much ado about nothing and bribing the soulless MSM as a result of lost revenues to the growing vaping market? I read an article yesterday which said the vaping market has expanded something like 700% in the last year.

Also seems like the lung issues associated with vaping are mostly centered around THC vaping, and not nicotine, but the MSM seems to be trying to bury this fact.

What do you think?

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Could be that the THC doesn't go well with the coil used, and lets it burn or something.. bad batch of coils even...

I don't know anyone here who has had any issues with vaping, but no one I know uses THC in their mod.

I still think it's due to some people buying bulk cheap dodgy juice from somewhere like China, who don't care that much about quality of what their labs produce, and selling it locally for profit..

Or, perhaps the tobacco industry has paid people off to make their juice dodgy to taint the use of it, and get people to turn back to the almighty cancer stick.. it's certainly not the actual fact of vaping though, something else has happened...

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

According to what I read the issue is vaping oils. Apparently the THC vaping products often use oil to contain the THC, and the oil is what is causing the lung issues. Oil in the lungs apparently creates a bodily immune defense reaction which causes the lungs to fill with fluid and results in pneumonia.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
It's Danger we dance with..... COPD is not kindwww.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

It seems what ever you do in life is bad for you these days , I choose enjoyment over longevity.
I know smoking was bad for the health in several ways so I chose vaping as a way to get my Nic fix , I doubt vaping is any worse for me than the rest of the ills of modern life so I will continue until I decide I've had enough.

I take my THC the old fashioned way.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I have seen the tobacco industry jump on this wagon at my gas station.

They now have capsules that cost the same as a 20ish pack cigarettes (7€) and 20 consumption units.

So they now sell these capsules "tobacco without smoke" for the same price as tobacco. The difference is the tax and they sack the difference the tax would make because it uses less tobacco. It is a different system, it works at a lower temperature (350°) and is like a vaporizer vaporizing tobacco instead of burning a liquid. It is called iQOS "I quit ordinary smoking".

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The way the article reads is that most of the problems come from home brew vaping.

More people have died from cigarettes in the time it took to read the article than have died from vaping in total.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Yeah, its an oil derived from vitamin E I believe, that is not supposed to be ingested in any form.
I have friends that use the THC vape, but they purchase them from the medical store, so they are supposed to be regulated.

And yes, from what I've seen, the media is purposely misleading about which type of vaping is bad. And yes, I believe that big tobacco is definitely behind a lot of it.

Screw them. After 30 years, I haven't had a cig in over 3 1/2 by vaping. I make my own fluids after serious research into propylene glycol, so that isn't in it.

Because I live in MI, I'm concerned that our governor is going to go after online sales of the ingredients. Not sure how she could, but I can see her trying.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: gallop

According to what I read the issue is vaping oils. Apparently the THC vaping products often use oil to contain the THC, and the oil is what is causing the lung issues. Oil in the lungs apparently creates a bodily immune defense reaction which causes the lungs to fill with fluid and results in pneumonia.

Yeah, THC isn't water soluble... So whatever their using to make THC juice can't possibly be good for you.

As for vaping nicotine infused juice. I can't see any reason why it'd be so much worse than standing over a boiling pot of vegetables.

Either way though, I really couldn't care less about (highly unlikely) long term risks... I need my nicotine and cigarettes are way to expensive.

Plus, I can just sit at home toking away all night on my vape and it doesn't stink my house up and I don't end up with a bunch of ash and filthy cigarette butts... its a win win for me.

Personally, I think the anti-vape crowd just need to keep there mouths shut and mind their own damn business!

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Inhaling oil or other vapors all the time seems like a breeding ground for mold or something equivalent that will grow in the lungs.
Just a thought.
edit on 7090000009 by JHumm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
I always felt that vaping was putting moisture into the lungs that isn't supposed to be there, I pictured it as a breeding ground for mold or something like that.

That doesn't make any sense to me. What about people living in the tropics? Their basically breathing in moisture constantly... but I'm yet to hear the claim that living in the tropics can cause lung damage.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Inhaling oil or other vapors all the time seems like a breeding ground for mold or something equivalent that will grow in the lungs.
Just a thought.

I see you've never been to florida...the air is swamp

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Or worse, SE Asia. The air there is so dense with moisture you can actually see it!

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Thc extracted with butane is bad its banned in California and with good reason

There's alot of contaminates in butane it needs to be cleaned before using it in extraction bye boiling it off and collecting the vapor something large scale operations do the guy doing it illegally out in the woods not so much

Take a lighter hold it to glass see the black soot on the glass yea pure butane dosent do that and yes we have used lighters forever butain extracted thc would be like emptieing a entire lighter in ur lungs per smoke

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I dunno, wanting to quit tobacco for some time now, its time,

Tried vaping, ended up smoking more, constantly vaping, so ditched it, it also seemed more harmful than the usual smoke.

This is my last year of smoking.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Your governor probably will eventually. Its all about the taxes.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
No one has said.....I will......

One can tell the difference after a few tries....it's too strong and it has to be thinned out with another oil in the manufacturing.....one can feel it in their hypothetical lungs...and it remains and therefore accumulates. I forbade my friends, they agreed it was too strong....but.....it's way more cost effective is a problem....

Editt....I called it Zombie effect.....why I asked em to quit....being pipe hittin bitches
edit on 7-9-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

edit on 7-9-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I heard a couple weeks ago that the first POSSIBLE vape related death occurred.
I haven’t heard anything since the initial report, but it was something respiratory related.

ETA : when I first started vaping, I went hard. I have no idea if it was related but I got a chest infection and couldn’t breath properly while laying down.
Now, Every morning I get a hack out of the lungs that tastes like my last vape juice.
Probably should stop, but it’s just so convenient.
edit on 7-9-2019 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Just a thought.

I see you've never been to florida...the air is swamp

That's true but have you ever seen anyone in Florida or the tropics inhale deeply and then blow out a cloud of vapor that can fill a room?
And I'm guessing that the air down there is not made of oils that are super heated by an electric coil.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: markovian
Thc extracted with butane is bad its banned in California and with good reason

There's alot of contaminates in butane it needs to be cleaned before using it in extraction bye boiling it off and collecting the vapor something large scale operations do the guy doing it illegally out in the woods not so much

Take a lighter hold it to glass see the black soot on the glass yea pure butane dosent do that and yes we have used lighters forever butain extracted thc would be like emptieing a entire lighter in ur lungs per smoke

Ummm...extract with alcohol...let the alcohol evaporate...then heat gently up to 280 F with a mug warmer and that evaps off any remaining alcohol while Activating the THC...

Use only 98% or higher ethanol alcohol...percent not proof...

Or so I've heard...

YouSir

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join