It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vaping - The new evil

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

What do I think?

I think that there is a sadistic cabal of some kind that doesn't want us to enjoy our lives in any way whatsoever. It is determined to take away every damn thing that gives us even a modicum of pleasure.

I get wanting to prevent addiction in society. It interferes with productivity, but we should at least be able to access certain things in limited quantities to improve our quality of life.

I've been on a very personal spiritual journey since a brush with death. There are things that would allow me to expand that trek and find answers to my questions.

But NOOO. No self-actualization for you!

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Nice I have actually been thinking about this very subject..

In a nut shell it is a little consequence free clickbait.

1) First off every article I see is just full of disclaimers..

Words like “reportedly” and “could be linked” showing they are obviously not real sure in the best of cases..

2) bashing things like drugs, sex or vaping are free even if you are wrong..

For example..

Say the NYT came out tomorrow saying..

“Vaping maybe linked to living longer!!”..

Well if it came out they were blatantly wrong there would be major push back..they likely even lose advertising dollars and such..

Now reverse that..

Let’s say the NYT says

“vaping linked to death in just a few years!”

And is wrong..

Crickets.. no one will care.. there will be no pushback..

It is a little consequence free clickbait.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

I’m going consequence free clickbait..

They pay no price for being wrong on controversial issues..

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The convenience of no smell and being able to vape in public is just unbeatable.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This has everything to do with quality of product. Many THC vape oils are extracted via co2 and are cut with terpenes from the cannabis plant. Something humanity has been smoking for thousands of years with no negative side effects.

Most nicotine vape oil contains stuff like propylene glycol. The same propylene glycol that when used in ear drops causes deafness. One of my friends had a bottle of vape juice that was "natural churro flavor". That should be a good indicator to the legitimacy of that industry.

This is exactly what the anti-cannabis crowd was waiting for. We will hear much more propaganda about this. Unfortunately for them it's the additives having a negative effect. Not the cannabis...

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
You can order it on the internet now.
The tax income with the prior jailers is at stake here.
Think of the children.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: gallop

According to what I read the issue is vaping oils. Apparently the THC vaping products often use oil to contain the THC, and the oil is what is causing the lung issues. Oil in the lungs apparently creates a bodily immune defense reaction which causes the lungs to fill with fluid and results in pneumonia.

Never thought of that, I had considered that people have been 'vaping' thc for years without issue, but not the method used to make it viable for an e-cig.

I did see someone on youtube make something for himself, but I can't remember what he used to extract the cannabis out..

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

You don't burn the juice, at all, though. It's heated and it vapourises.

Much the same as a hookah, you don't burn the shisha, you use a coal over foil to heat the shisha up till the flavours and nicotine vapourise.

I actually prefer that, too.. Just a hassle to set up, but so much more satisfying.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Still can not believe it took over fifteen years to realize that miss jane did not expand my consciousness.

Well, no regrets.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I think what happened is that the tobacco companies didnt jump on it soon enough, and dislike that they arent able to hold the same market share in vaping as cigarettes.

They tried with some of their products, but a lot of folks were already used to using other stuff that had nothing to do with them.

This last year or so was probably the tipping point where they decided to do something about it. And, in true stereotypical fashion, that "something" involves significantly amping up the propaganda and legislation.
edit on 7-9-2019 by Serdgiam because: Hamsters of doom

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Just wait...

Pretty soon you'll be seeing articles in the MSM which say things like...New Study finds Cigarettes Healthier than Vaping"

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   

They specifically say in that article I read (not from IQOS) that it is not working like the normal vapes that go up to high temperature. I do not know the exact difference between burning and vaporizing (where do both meet?).

I know vaporizing is without the smoke/steam. Technically there should be no smoke at all coming out from that IQOS if it is really working like a vaporizer.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Define poor because at the rate the inequality is growing only 1% will be allowed to breed soon.

I grew up poor. Ate fruit off the neighbors trees for meals at times. But mom done whatever was needed to provide the essentials and keep us safe and loved.
If govenment had been involved they would have shipped us kids off somewhere without love, without safety so we could have things we didnt really need.

I tured out all right, live a comfy life now and keep out of trouble. Would be a different story if i didnt have my mom or the govt made decisions for us.

Let people make their own decisions, you should be able to make yours and not support their bad ones too.

edit on 8-9-2019 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: byteshertz
Define poor because at the rate the inequality is growing only 1% will be allowed to breed soon, if we made a rule like that.

I grew up poor. Ate fruit off the neighbors trees for meals at times. But mom done whatever was needed to provide the essentials and keep us safe and loved.
If govenment had been involved they would have shipped us kids off somewhere without love, without safety so we could have things we didnt really need.

I turned out all right, live a comfy life now and keep out of trouble. Would be a different story if i didnt have my mom or the govt made decisions for us.

Let people make their own decisions, you should be able to make yours and not support their bad ones too.

edit on 8-9-2019 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: byteshertz

I think you replied to the wrong post.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Vaping involves inhaling tiny droplets of oil that collect in the lungs, and the body has to dispose of that. Sure...that's good for you.

Another danger is the flavorings used: most flavorings were formulated (and tested) for uses that didn't involve heating beyond 250 degrees or so. There's little data--if any--to show heating these flavorings above certain levels (heater temp of the vape stick) is safe for human inhalation in extended usage.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join