It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The lost lakes and citied of the Sahara desert Think Big

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

[Shaking head in disbelief]

Oh Hans, you can't dispute. One4all gained this knowledge from beings in a shiny spacecraft that CHOSE him / her to share this knowledge - they are clearly more evolved than us mere sheeple......

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Theyy

Atlantis is not real, it was a fictional story.

Because you say so. How academic and boring.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

Oh Hans, you can't dispute. One4all gained this knowledge from beings in a shiny spacecraft that CHOSE him / her to share this knowledge - they are clearly more evolved than us mere sheeple......

Now that is simply not accurate....lol....the Craft weren't shiny....I wasn't chosen it was simply a matter of being available....they are exactly like us in some cases....in every way.

NO they didn't just plug me in and upload the Akashik Records...lol...what they gave me was a basis for comparison or a baseline....from which I could choose to follow or not ….. everything I discuss is available in mainstream public domain media.

The best part of all is that with the Vlar Global Continental Displacement Wave Model ….well everything just sort of came together at the right times.....but its like this....if someone gave you a Treasure Map of some place you had never seen before and then you were given 100,000,000 maps to look at....knowing that if you can match your Map with ANY of those other Maps you are validated.....that was me growing up spending a lot of time behind books in libraries and at home.....it would have taken my 100 lifetimes to sort through all of the potential matches....but like a spider along came the internet and search engines....and the base number suddenly became digestible.

Someone showed me something one time and then left me to take it or leave it in totality....either follow up and validate it in my own reality or simply ignore it and carry on as usual.

I followed up.

Then I payed it forward the exact same way it was payed forward to me, for the exact same reasons when I posted about the Vlar Global Continental Displacement Wave Event Model......it is all there in stark living color...you may take it or leave it....you may follow up or carry on...tis not my concern for my Universal Humanitarian Duty is complete.

I must say I do love to see all of the videos being put out covering things so nicely....it seems to be a growing reality...an expeditiously growing reality.....good thing because 2021 is just around the corner.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids
a reply to: Theyy

Atlantis is not real, it was a fictional story.

Because you say so. How academic and boring.

Simply replace Atlantis with America and then wipe nearly all of Humanity off the planet in a Noahs Flood/VGCDW ….and try to find out exactly where the City of America was located....lol.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

America isn't real!

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Why is it that I read a lot of articleson a subject,which takes weeks of reading, then a guy comes out and makes a video about it and is pretty much close to being accurate. The video, one hour or so, the reading thirty hours or more of articles. Why didn't I just wait for the video, I researched this about six years ago and it appears not much has changed about it. I spent months reading research about the ancient civilizations in Europe , the Mediteranian and African areas. Not so much on China or the other coast.

That's the way the Internet works. It monitors what you're clicking on and for how long, then it feeds it back to you though whatever channels it has so you'll click more and buy what they want you to buy. It's both clever and insidious. It's the recycling of interests and ideas that drive people nuts.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Obviously - how you doing Flavian haven't read you in many a day.

What the 60's story of selection by aliens for special knowledge? How over used is that! When did he start up giving a date? Doesn't he know the first rule of making stuff up is to never give a prophecy that has a deadline.....amateur.
edit on 2/9/19 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
a reply to: Deathiseven
www.youtube.com...

Did you have anything to add about how the sand that comprises the dessert was classified and then placed there...MMMmmm…..there is only one right answer...can you handle that kind of pressure without melting down into a puddle of wax.

The sand has been there since the Sahara was under the ocean, when it was deposited, and has been added to by the chemical and physical ablation of the sandstone that was formed then.

Now, tell me again how I'm covering up "the TRUTH."

Harte

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Orbital precession greatly influences North African climate because it controls the strength and northward penetration of the monsoonal rains (Kutzbach, 1981; Liu et al., 2006). Strengthening summer-season solar radiation causes the North African landmass to heat up relative to the adjacent Atlantic Ocean due the lower thermal inertia of the land surface relative to the upper ocean mixed layer. The warmer land mass creates a broad low pressure zone, driving the inflow of moist air from the tropical Atlantic. The resulting summer monsoonal rains nourish the landscape. During winter, the land cools relative to the ocean and the winds reverse (one definition of a monsoon), returning dry conditions across North Africa. Since precession controls summer insolation, it effectively controls the amount and northward penetration of the monsoonal rains into North Africa. Simple atmosphere-only climate models have shown that a 7% increase in summer radiation, similar to what occurred during the AHP, results in at least a 17% increase in African monsoonal rainfall, and up to 50% if ocean feedbacks are included (Kutzbach and Liu, 1997).

The African Humid Period exemplifies the dramatic climate transitions that our planet experiences as a result of subtle changes in the Earth's orbit. The "greening" of the Sahara not only represents a remarkable transformation of the hydrologic cycle, but evidence that gradual climate forcing can result in rapid climate responses. The wealth of North African paleoclimate and archeological data highlights the fundamental importance of water availability on sustainability and human populations, and the central role of climate in shaping major events in cultural development leading to the rise of complex, urban cultures (deMenocal, 2001; Kuper and Kröpelin, 2006).

source

All of this is well understood, except for ignorant people on internet forums.

Harte

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift
Delete your cookies and the internet forgets that you were looking for...um...lawn mower parts. Yeah, that's it lawn mower parts.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: rickymouse
Why is it that I read a lot of articleson a subject,which takes weeks of reading, then a guy comes out and makes a video about it and is pretty much close to being accurate. The video, one hour or so, the reading thirty hours or more of articles. Why didn't I just wait for the video, I researched this about six years ago and it appears not much has changed about it. I spent months reading research about the ancient civilizations in Europe , the Mediteranian and African areas. Not so much on China or the other coast.

That's the way the Internet works. It monitors what you're clicking on and for how long, then it feeds it back to you though whatever channels it has so you'll click more and buy what they want you to buy. It's both clever and insidious. It's the recycling of interests and ideas that drive people nuts.

Wow, so the guy who made the OP and the guy who created his video he posted were working for people who sell ads. How cool. So I actually am responsible for the creation of this thread and the video because I researched the stuff so much.

Naw, I am not going to believe that. In reality if I had not seen all the evidence and informaton from people who research that stuff, I probably would not even believe the video was anything other than a creation of someone's imagination. You know that they actually have ground penetrating radar on some satelites which map out ancient cities and pyramids under the sand, also a couple of big lakes which contain the most fresh water of any place on earth under the sand. Of course the sand is in the water, but they can pull out that water and are presently starting to do that. I suppose any bad chemistries from the bodies that deteriorated after being buried with sand are pretty non-toxic now, it has been thousands of years since that happened. It was not only people, most of the animals got buried too.

Someone else also researched the stuff and decided to make a video about it, that actually sounds believable.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Blue Shift
Delete your cookies and the internet forgets that you were looking for...um...lawn mower parts. Yeah, that's it lawn mower parts.

I delete my cookies every day, I actually eat them because they are chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Sounds like you need the real experts.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The Green Sahara period is not academically controversial. It's well known.

en.wikipedia.org...

I definitely love the guy in the video, though. He finds things that other people aren't looking for, but should be!

Do I think Atlantis was where he thinks it was? Probably not. But I can't deny the value of his research and the cool stuff he finds!

People in space ships never lie!

After all, they have a space ship!

You can't lie when you're in a space ship. It's against space ship rules!

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

You are covering up the truth by referring to old history...and intentionally ignoring new history because it isn't published in peer approved papers yet...that is covering up the truth...anyone can look at a topo map of Africa and see how the sand was washed upon the land....it isn't even open for interpretation its clearly obvious.

And as far as Africa not moving during Vlar Global Continental Displacement Wave Events this is also not true it moves alright and anyone using google earth can see by pulling out far enough that every continent including Africa has a leading edge and a tailing edge that defines the last direction of movement of each Continent...also speed and distance and other things.

THe last lost Continent was found long ago by someone using Lemmings and wee little Treadmills on a big Laboratory Ship.

The Aliens showed me how to train Lemmmings then build wee little Treammills for them to run on all in a nice set of long rows so they can run with Friends because Lemmings MIGRATE....and they try to migrate to a place that is simply no longer there....however their homing devices still take them to the magnetic location....and when they stop running you simply stop the ship and record bearings then begin the real fun.A Lemming BBQ.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Wait.
The spaceships are powered by lemmings?

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Absolutely...the Lemming Drive is almost obsolete now..didntcha know?

edit on 2-9-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
a reply to: Harte

You are covering up the truth by referring to old history...and intentionally ignoring new history because it isn't published in peer approved papers yet...that is covering up the truth...anyone can look at a topo map of Africa and see how the sand was washed upon the land....it isn't even open for interpretation its clearly obvious.

You seem to be unaware that only about 10% of the Sahara is covered in sand. This leads you to the erroneous (and insane) belief that sand was somehow "washed over" North Africa.

Sorry, but the sand originates in granite mountains (that are still there) being weathered leaving tiny crystals of quartz, which were deposited in an (at the time) shallow sea, forming sandstone and sandy limestone. The land rose exposing the sandstone causing it to weather back into the sand crystals.

This mechanism is well known and sands elsewhere have been tracked to their source using similar methods.

Harte

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I'm now strongly suspecting the ice caps aren't where they used to be.

Maybe over oceans somewhere?

That would mean really low sea levels back then.

Or maybe an impact introduced even more water.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: reject

Maybe over oceans somewhere?

The Arctic is an ocean.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join