It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The lost lakes and citied of the Sahara desert Think Big

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Synchronicity?

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I watched his video a few days ago and was quite impressed and shocked. The one part that stuck out to me was aside from it once being a lush tropical forest is it turned into the world's largest sandbox within 100 years!!

I need to look into that astonishing claim some more.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Basically the Sahara started to get wet a little bit after the ice age ended and the ice caps started to melt.
It went from the West coast and spread to Egypt and even the Middle East. It stayed wet and green for more than 10,000 years. Then the dry phase kicked in and the desert took over North Africa again. One of the last phase of the drying was the 2200 bc event. This is when the old civilizations in Egypt and Akkad crumbled... Babylon wasn't even on the map at this time.

Anyway, read the wiki for more details.

African humid period
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: one4all

Plates are dictated by large root like structures known as cratons. The African craton cluster has been almost unmoved and unbroken for a very, very long time. Africa is ancient, very ancient and has probably seen the most activity of biological evolution because of lack of plate tectonic movement.

Just look at a google earth map from space....there is a leading and trailing edge evident as with every Continent....yes it moved.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Google map isn't science. Read about Africa's geology instead of looking at pictures like a kid.

African Plate
en.wikipedia.org...

West African Craton
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Plates are dictated by large root like structures known as cratons. The African craton cluster has been almost unmoved and unbroken for a very, very long time. Africa is ancient, very ancient and has probably seen the most activity of biological evolution because of lack of plate tectonic movement.

Except the the continent of Africa is comprised of more than one tectonic plate. The African plate has been moving at a rate of ~.85 inches per year Northeast for at least 100 Ma, pushing closer to the Eurasia Plate. This is causing subduction beneath the central and eastern Mediterranean Sea as well as creating the Azores-Gibraltar fault zone which is technically nicely active.

As the African Plate moves Northeast, it has also been rifting for the last 22-25 Ma. The end result of this is that as it plays tug of war with itself in E. Africa, the African Plate is splitting into 2 plates ( Geologists call the new plates that will rupture and separate in another 10 Ma the Somali Plate and the Nubian Plate) it has created the East African Rift and eventually, a good chunk of E. Africa is going to split off and today’s Rift Valley will Become a new ocean basin. This entire area is rampant with volcanic activity and is very active tectonically. This wouldn’t be the case if Africa was a single, stable, immobile Plate.

ETA- East African volcanism

edit on 31-8-2019 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Gaddafi knew of these ancient underground reservoirs and developed the Great Man-Made River to supply water to the cities up north. They believed the ancient aquifers were formed between 5,000 - 100,000 years depending on the sources. Unfortunately, NATO and the US did not like the idea of Lybia developing such a vast natural resource and ended the project in 2011. RIP Gaddafi

edit on 31-8-2019 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Yes. But it has all moved together, especially the northern part. And where it currently sits has been its resting place for a long long time while all other continents have been move around it basically.

This is why I mentioned it's a cluster. And its finally starting to split after a long time of I guess happy family time together.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deathiseven

Google map isn't science. Read about Africa's geology instead of looking at pictures like a kid.

African Plate
en.wikipedia.org...

West African Craton
en.wikipedia.org...

Are you blind or just some kind of fence sitting anti-humanitarian liar?

You don't get a second chance that was your final answer....just get over it and deal with the new reailty that has decided to manifest...its already beyond you and I and this thread …. clearly.....catch up or fall behind its up to you.

Its really nice to be able to link to vids like this now...just a few years ago we wouldn't have had this to watch.We have passed the 10% point of People no longer trusting their own educations and TPTB.

The spell has been broken for decades now....almost every single person I talk to has a very keen interest in Truth Hunting and Truth Seeking...above other focuses....no one ever really accepted the lies we were fed globally they just took the path of least resistance.....but once the Nuclear Family was broken up by the Poisoned Rainbow then TRUST AND LOYALTY disappeared as well.....and we see 30-40-50 years later that now after suffering a horrible economic entry into the world by having to cope with a Single Parent home usually with MOM doing all the real work and Dad running from having to pay for his Kids ... the MASSES are of an independent mindset.....all the BS dreams of bubblegum and Unicorns have not even been a part of the lives of at last 3 Generations of the Masses.These kids had to deal with REALITY....unlike a lot of people I meet on ATS who heads are still so voluntarily sunk into the sand that its a waste of time and effort to even interact with them.WHo wants to drag a lazy mind kicking and screaming out of its safe spot or reality bubble? You would have to CARE about the person ….That is WORK...lol..lol...HARD WORK...thankless work...lol. I say let the naysayers reboot our oil supply which is exactly what they shall be doing soon IMHO>oh yes that's right I forgot to tell you.... speaking of oil its NOT MILLIONS OF YEARTS OLD ….. the Vlar Global Continental Displacement Wave Event Model SHOWS YOU THAT OIL IS IN FACT RENEWABLE...and that WE ARE A PART OF THE BASE EQUATION.

Just yesterday I chatted with a random dude about this very topic and in less than 5 minutes he was leading my questions with his answers....HE WAS LEADING ME...….in 5 minutes......people aren't stupid and they know when they have been lied to especially if you give them a real truth they can sink their teeth into.

It all begins with the obvious....once again ..the clearly obvious....where did all of the sand that makes up this area come from?...just THINK ABOUT IT....by what machination action or force did that volume of sand become located on that Continent?....forget everything else you think you know and answer the obvious first question?....where did the sand come from and how did trillions of tonnes get classified and placed atop that Continent where we find it today?THERE IS ONLY ONE POSSIBLE WAY...YOU DO NOT GET OPTIONS...LOL.Begin with an immovable....lol...reality then reverse extrapolate your way to the real truth.

Hint...you don't have a choice like you think you do no matter how hard you squirm or try to come up with storylines supporting the lies you have been told your whole life.Dont take it personally that I am so hard on you its needed you have been brainwashed into a slumber like everyone else.

Doesn't it suck when someone tells you you don't have a choice?....lol...I am old and I actually giggle out loud when I see the faces of younger generations when they are told someone is refusing to give them CHOICES OR OPTIONS....lol...lol..lol..as if life is one big bowl of options with no steadfast truths or realities...brainwashed little buggers....lol.

edit on 1-9-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I love this subject, the Sahara and also the Gobi deserts hide a lot of secrets, think about the Sahara as an ocean but not of water and instead of heat and sand and then think of these lost ages of man as shipwrecks of the past lost beneath it's rolling waves to be found.

Even in the deep deserts though we will be very lucky to find much as the nomadic peoples have probably looted any such sites of there treasures long ago but even with that loss there will still be great knowledge about humanity to be found, during the ice age Europe was basically uninhabitable and of course as the Sahara was green back then - and now thank's to these discovery's even to long after the ice age had ended these regions could have hosted unimaginable epoch's of human civilization of which we know nothing.

The other places to look are Siberia and of course Eurasia.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deathiseven
Basically the Sahara started to get wet a little bit after the ice age ended and the ice caps started to melt.
It went from the West coast and spread to Egypt and even the Middle East. It stayed wet and green for more than 10,000 years. Then the dry phase kicked in and the desert took over North Africa again. One of the last phase of the drying was the 2200 bc event. This is when the old civilizations in Egypt and Akkad crumbled... Babylon wasn't even on the map at this time.

Anyway, read the wiki for more details.

African humid period
en.wikipedia.org...

There is (or was) a cycle of monsoon eras. At the time in question, the Sahara experienced monsoon season every year. When that cycle shifted, the place began to dry up.

And to the other poster, no, it took way longer than a hundred years.

Harte

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

t humanity to be found, during the ice age Europe was basically uninhabitable and of course as the Sahara was green back then

Howdy Labtech

Europe was inhabited during the ice age.

Europe was inhabited during the WWG by the HSN and later by HSS.

Neanderthal sites in Europe

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky Look at all the deserts and forest's which happened to be government land,if you were to dig 30 ft would find prior civilivation,why they find so called OOOh parts,they look good because the earth experianced catyclism's about 280 yrs ago,maps from 1700's show a whole metropolis here,and large lakes and oceans,like the one that carved the Grand Canyon,it wasn't here in the 1790,the whole truth of history is a farce,but once again in this day and age the weak minded look for objects to do things for them,they drank the kool aid,now the same thing will happen it already is,the earth is tilted at a 23% angle,and likely by May of 2021 the poles shift reforming all the land on earth,don't believe it?.well you'll soon find out

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
a reply to: 727Sky Look at all the deserts and forest's which happened to be government land,if you were to dig 30 ft would find prior civilivation,why they find so called OOOh parts,they look good because the earth experianced catyclism's about 280 yrs ago,maps from 1700's show a whole metropolis here,and large lakes and oceans,like the one that carved the Grand Canyon,it wasn't here in the 1790,the whole truth of history is a farce,but once again in this day and age the weak minded look for objects to do things for them,they drank the kool aid,now the same thing will happen it already is,the earth is tilted at a 23% angle,and likely by May of 2021 the poles shift reforming all the land on earth,don't believe it?.well you'll soon find out

Thank goodness there is some sanity around here finally.....I have been waiting for nearly a decade for some light bulbs to start going off so I can get transferred the hades out of this place ..LMAO...

Yes,follow Gill Broussards work...he has defined a 350--360 year cycle.....that coincides with around a 3657 year BIG EVENT Timeline which I am aligned with.....it could be that every ten trips round things get closer than ever...and we get a Noahs Flood scenario.

I only surely know what I know and that is that 2021 is the due date.

There are few ways to try to survive but plenty of room and ample opportunity if you have the money and the knowledge right now.....the sad reality is that many of the People with the money and inclination to try to survive have been sold deathtrap So-called Survival Shelter COFFINS by greedy Plicks who don't understand that they have been dooming HUMANITY by selling people undergrouind coffins....it has NOT BEEN ONLY ABOUT MAKING A BUCK....it has been about hoping to goodness that a few small groups or pockets of us survive somewhere somehow to re-spark Humanitiy here on Earth.

Your advice to go look at ALL GOVERNMNT PARKLANDS AND PRESERVES AND ANYTHING TO DO WITH GOVERNMENT LAND RESTRICTIONS...when you have done that come back here and talk to me about the Vlar Global Continental Displacement Wave Event Model....because ALL OF THESE AREAS ARE ALREADY HIGHLIGHTED FOR THE REAL REASONS WE SHOULD RECOGNISE THEM AS IMPORTANT.

In many many cases these Civilisations are only under a very thin overburden less than 100 meters.....the VGCDWM includes screenshots of Maps BEFORE THEY WERE BASTARDISED....pictures that show locations and structures on CITY SCALES.

If anyone knows a few people say 150-300 in total with enough money to throw say a solid ten million or twenty million at the issue..well you could PM me and could end up very well buying yourself a ticket to the Roundtable that could soon be restructuring all of Humanity. The meek shall inherit the Earth and they shall speak the History.

If you do not understand ALL OF WHAT IS COMING...and many do but are not telling anyone....if you arent in the know you are toaster struedel .... there will be dead Billionaires and Millionaires all over the place...because only the top of the Elite Heap are now ready to bolt to their hidey holes.

They arent telling the masses or helping them and they consider Millionaires and Billionaires to be the MASSES....you might be rich now and think you are in on everything going on in your world...or you might be very rich and have a gut feeling that everything was to easy and there is something huge you have been missing.....well welcome to my world...it is the polar opposite for me...I have had the knowedge and it has taken me as much work and as much time as it has taken self-made Rich people to maintain their positions...…I invested my time and life in the knowledge of what is coming where to be and how to survive and others invested in the money and are now dead men walking.....now they need one of me and I need some of them.....not one or two White Knights either...we need 150-300 People....I for example have 35 people on my short list....I expect there to be more for some and less for others…but diversity is needed and numbers are needed and investment and capital work is needed ASAP.Look @ the Calender…even if you do have the money...consider logistics and then consider time and then consider who in this world you really believe in...then listen to your gut or heart or whatever it has been that has taken you to where you are today...do not be ashamed to be rich underinformed distracted and doomed by proud that you got to the top of the Heap fiscally and are now in a position to martyr your money for your very own bloodlines and Humanities future...and if you are a filthy rich egomaniac consider this...do you want your grandson or Granddaughter WRITING THE NEXT VERSION OF HUMAN HISTORY that will with a 100% certainty turn into the NEXT BIBLE OR QUORAN OR VEDIC TEXTS.....because believe it or not money CAN MAKE SOMETHING LIKE THIS DREAM HAPPEN.....everyone wants to be remembered and this is the only way possible to get the REAL LITTERAL LAST WORD on everybody.....lol.

Oldtimer....time is with surety short...if you wish to discuss anything relevant you can PM me...I think the time for the Quickening is near ..... when things begin to pick up speed exponentially like a snowball rolling down hill and it becomes harder and harder to extricate oneself from the transpiring reality involving the MASSES or MAJORITY ...you get sucked into the Rapture as some call it...distracted and caught up in the speed of time passing as the new future nears us all.

edit on 2-9-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Instead of wasting your time writing pointless walls of text, read a couple of wiki pages, you'll actually learn a few things. Being old is not an excuse, start today.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Deathiseven
www.youtube.com...

Did you have anything to add about how the sand that comprises the dessert was classified and then placed there...MMMmmm…..there is only one right answer...can you handle that kind of pressure without melting down into a puddle of wax.

edit on 2-9-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Lets get this thread movin in the right direction. OP put this gentleman's
name on the tip of your tongue.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
maybe this was Atlantis

whole lot of questions about antedeluvian civilizations
ecological catastrophe?
Atlantis is not real, it was a fictional story.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Of course it is your waves.

The world is also flat and the moon is a person faced shape of cheese.

How can anyone dispute such facts?

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

Of course it is your waves.

The world is also flat and the moon is a person faced shape of cheese.

How can anyone dispute such facts?

I could but this is one4all we are talking about. Its just best to shake one's head and quietly step away.......

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join