It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forest Freestyle with my new micro drone!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Hey all!

I'm really digging this Tinyhawk Freestyle. Upgrades are already in the works. The next step is adding an xm+ receiver, and an upgraded vtx. Then eventually, a Runcam nano racer cam. The stock one isn't the greatest and that FOV is way bigger then I'm used too.

Either way, I hope you enjoy the video. Expect a better image and longer flights in future videos!

EMAX Tinyhawk Freestyle | music: Skylike - Imaginary

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

Yes, it is okay but I would prefer a slower trip through such beautiful surroundings.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

This was a maiden flight in that location. I normally don't fly back there due to risk of crashing or getting stuck in a tree. But I agree, after some upgrades. I will try a smoother, slower more cinematic flight. There are more paths, but none I was able to go down with my current setup. I need a strong video transmitter.

Next time !
Thanks for watching InTheLight ~

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I could use one of those to see what's going on in my forest at night, so does is record at night too?
edit on 18CDT09America/Chicago00690931 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I want one, So badly....none of the rotor tips ever hit?....how they do that!

All the bells and whistles and land by itself, yeah....thanks for the coolest thread....I always thought Marty Stouffer's Wild America should be a sticky video, ya know!
edit on 27-8-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

edit on 27-8-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Do you know how small animals would react to this thing? Be cool to hang out with some squirrels! Lol

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Ummm...that was excellent...I loved that...almost like a Star Wars speeder bike...

Makes me want to fly like that in a personal quad copter...

YouSir

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Been looking into these compact drones myself and I'm kind of taken by the DJI Mavic Pro 2...but man that price tag is steep at 1,500$. If I can get setup with some paying work I could use it for I'm gonna go for it though.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: tayton

Probably depends on the model...some are actually very quiet and even have flight modes which will slow them down quite a bit as to not draw a lot of attention from the animals you'd like to film.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Yes okay, you have a drone. So do I.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

The mavic is not a compact drone! Imo.

You can find a Mavic 1 for less than a grand with the fly more combo. I love my Mavic pro and having tried a Mavic 2 yes the camera is nice but is it really worth another 50%? Probably not!

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

Yes okay, you have a drone. So do I.

Well, I don't and I invite information from threads like this to learn about them.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This drone is VERY small. 79 grams total flight weight. Its very quiet too.

Unfortunately, due to the form factor. I can only record the video I see in my goggles. Which is an analog feed, with sub HD quality.

I have my bigger drones that can carry GoPro's. Those can record awesome HD video. Someday when I'm brave, Ill try to fly one of my bigger builds in this area. I think it would look awesome.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: hombero

2lbs and catchable with 1 hand seems compact to me compared to what else is out there. The camera part is why I would pay more as I would be buying it to do professional work that pays...which usually requires top quality footage. Even then I feel like the pro 2 is entry level as far as camera quality goes for professional footage. These little drones have blown up in ability since people first started using them for camera footage.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

You would want the DJI Inspire 2

www.dji.com...

Its designed as a top notch photography platform.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I'll have to take a look at that. Thank you for the recommendation!

top topics

join