It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparently I Was Born In The Wrong Body

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Sure I don't know what that means either it's just a sentence i heard a couple of times.

At the time it helped me find out more about myself, so...

Actually thinking about it it's a stupid expression, coming from the same racial identification background as any other identity trough skin color.

It's the base on which racism thrives!

Cut a homosapiens sapiens open and what comes out is always blood red.

Sincerely NoClue

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: NoClue

You are black on the inside!

What the hell does that even mean

My guess is that the voice was meaning to tell him he "should have been" born black.

Not like a cosmic mistake was made or anything.

More like, "you would have made a good black person".

skin colour and gender does not determine culture , or religion , beliefs and world views, nor your state of consciousness or your spirituality

Skin color is one of the least meaningful traits. Apparently a population can evolve all the way from white to black or vice versa in as few as 200 generations, if their environment selects for one over the other.

Other traits are much more meaningful.

Australian aborigines have been a distinct lineage for over 50,000 years. Nobody anywhere can claim to be quite that separated from the bulk of humanity.

the fact that you are a homo sapiens sapiens does however determine these things because you have access to consciousness
the same as every other human on earth !

and that is the reason we can all say we are similar and have similar cultures and similar beliefs in gods and spirits
because of our access to consciousness as a human being.

It also determines things like your leg to height ratio, and your average height, for that matter. Do the men grow beards? Do you handle warmer or colder temperatures better?

Ask yourself: why is South Africa the only part of Africa that ever got fully overrun by European settlers?

There isn't strong evidence either way for most of the rest. So science just shrugs and goes with the assumption that the rest doesn't get determined by it. That is usually the default hypothesis if you don't know.

But... I find it odd that attempts to integrate people from some of these other ethnicities into European culture have failed so badly, and so consistently.

You would think that there would be more success if indeed the stuff happening after our birth had more to say about our final personality than the stuff we start with at our birth.

Why does the age crime curve for African American males center at the age of 22? While the curve for white American males centers at 17 and a half? Do you think maybe African American males' brains simply reach maturity a few years later?

Imagine if we were to move the juvenile age to 22 for them. The jails would be so empty.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM
a reply to: Lumenari

This isn't me saying it. These are indigenous elders that believe I am one of them born in a European mans body.

Except for the part where you explicitly stated they told you this AFTER you described to them that you felt like you were secretly an indigenous person. So no, this wasnt some unprompted statement. This was somebody basically telling you what you wanted to hear after you had already talked about it, then you pretending like somebody told you this out of the blue. You believe it because you want to, they say it because that's the kind of goofy mumbo-jumbo people say about nonsense like this, especially when the other person is clearly gullible enough to buy it.

I couldnt possibly roll my eyes any harder at this...

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I like to read these forums, have been doing it for the last ten or so years, but i seldom log in or comment.
I was born of the Wiradjuri, but was raised in the Kamilaroi.
My mother is Aboriginal and my father an Englishman, I grew up in the 80's before it was 'in' to be black, so I was called a half caste. I was to black to be white and to white to be black, /shrug.
A couple years back I was talking to a group of older aboriginals and one of them looked at me in weird way like he'd only just saw me, and he said 'you've one of the oldest souls I have ever seen' well I was taken aback, and not much that I could say except 'go away with youself you old fool' but he insisted I was ancient, and that's how they've come to accept me, not as an aboriginal like the laws say I can claim, but as an old soul.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I see nothing wrong with this, I mean if you joined Hinduism or another major religion that accepts reincarnation, your conviction wouldn't even be up for discussion (DNA evidence or not).

Srila Prabhupada, for example apparently told John Lennon that he had a dream that he was an Indian businessman in his previous life, and nobody batted an eyelash.

I don't see why some cultures have to have this blanket hedge around them, which says their beliefs may not be spread to outsiders.

Of course for historically disadvantaged native people I would draw the line at claiming benefits or invading reservations just to get high and seduce the local women (or men), like some hippies did in the 1960's and becoming a nuisance.

But who has the right to say that some spiritual teachers in these cultures don't have the right to convert others into their spiritual path? Surely that is also finger-wagging and cultural appropriation. This term is in anyway much abused these days because it should only apply if people are taking something from another culture for empty, fake or superficial reasons. If you truly believe that it is not cultural appropriation, but you are a convert.

And all religions have the equal right to seek converts (even if they don't all agree on this), and spread their culture.

Truth be told, if you're living in the post-colonial world (especially), we're all cultural hybrids already anyway, and have been for a long time.
edit on 12-12-2019 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join