It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli data scientist creates a visual representation of Hamas missile launches

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Who said shooting unarmed protestors was OK because of Hamas. Not I.

Actually Palestinians is about all that is talked about in these conversations. Hamas is the Palestinians worst problem. Using children, schools and hospitals for shields and basically enslaving the innocent among the Palestinians.

Seems to me a person who cares about the Palestinians would be very anti-Hamas, since Hamas has killed or been responsible for more killings than Israel could ever be.

I have no doubt there are haters in Israel, just like everywhere on earth and most likely in your own neighborhood, maybe even your family. Haters are everywhere. Always have been, always will be.

Take Hamas out of the picture, along with all terrorist groups and maybe, just maybe there could be peace.

You talk as if all Palestinians are peaceful and not haters and that there are no women or teens assisting Hamas because they are involved or forced too. That's hardly reality.

It's not black and white, it's grey with lots of things involved, not the least of which is a tiny population surrounded by those would like to see them dead in a massive genocide.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: ganjoa

Who was talking about such a policy in the US??

I was talking about the ME.

Absolutely!
Neither one of US was talking about using that type of policy here. We Are Not The Enemy!
Discernment is an oft neglected quality when reading "stuff of ATS". by interim posters

My postulate was How would we deal with it here? Low probability estimation outside perhaps a few urban centers, then still highly unlikely. But my point was the way Israel or Syria or (someplace outside the USA) deals with the problem militarily is NOT an option here in our own country. Highly scary even if completely unlikely, but the same scary applies to a horrific meteor type event.

ganjoa

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

originally posted by: gortex
I wonder what a map of Israeli airstrikes in Gaza would look like , perhaps Mr Tepper could make that his next project.

It doesn't really need fancy data science to figure out.
Just imagine an immensely bright white spot in the narrow ~350 square km area that is shown as the 'source' in this data.

I don't have all that much time, but seeing as the visual representation here started in 2014, if I take that year only (instead of all the years since as well), we have 5000 strikes by the IDF, in which 2220 Palestinians were killed, almost 1500 of which were civilians. The IDF strongly disagrees with these numbers, and says only 2127 Palestinians were killed, only 1170 of which were civilians (so much better!)

Which is exactly what you'd expect when you're blasting to smithereens an area with a population density of 5046 people per square kilometre.

Something must be incredibly wonky when we're forcefed the idea that these people are the majority and unequivocal bad guys, and are the sole people responsible for the situation. Why don't they just die or leave, right?

edit on 20-9-2019 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaxMech
Yoav Tepper, an Israeli data scientist, created a visual representation of missiles lunched by Hamas into Israel, using kepler.gl.
Keep in mind that some of these rockets are intercepted by Iron Dome air defense system.

You can rotate the map using the right mouse button. Use the bar on the bottom of the map to see the timeline.

Hamas rocket launches into Israel

Note when exploring the animated data:
While the launch destination is an exact GPS coordinate, the exact launch source was added only for aesthetic purposes and it is not accurate.
The interactive map also shows missiles that were lunched from Syria as part of the Syrian civil war and landed in Israel by mistake.

Link to the article explaining the methodology - Rocket (Data) Science

Yet there is still no public information available to tell us how many of these rockets carry an actual payload, and how many are just hollow tubes with engines on the back designed to provoke a response.

Everytime iron dome intercepts a $50 decoy rocket with no warhead it costs a small fortune. The money to pay for these intercepts comes from tax payers, tax payers who are being denied information about whether there is an actual threat to them, or if this is just a bunch of dummies being sent up by militants who no longer poss the capabilities to be a threat.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaxMech
Yoav Tepper, an Israeli data scientist, created a visual representation of missiles lunched by Hamas into Israel, using kepler.gl.
Keep in mind that some of these rockets are intercepted by Iron Dome air defense system.

You can rotate the map using the right mouse button. Use the bar on the bottom of the map to see the timeline.

Hamas rocket launches into Israel

Note when exploring the animated data:
While the launch destination is an exact GPS coordinate, the exact launch source was added only for aesthetic purposes and it is not accurate.
The interactive map also shows missiles that were lunched from Syria as part of the Syrian civil war and landed in Israel by mistake.

Link to the article explaining the methodology - Rocket (Data) Science

Yet there is still no public information available to tell us how many of these rockets carry an actual payload, and how many are just hollow tubes with engines on the back designed to provoke a response.

Everytime iron dome intercepts a $50 decoy rocket with no warhead it costs a small fortune. The money to pay for these intercepts comes from tax payers, tax payers who are being denied information about whether there is an actual threat to them, or if this is just a bunch of dummies being sent up by militants who no longer poss the capabilities to be a threat.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Guess what happens when a 50kg steel tube impacts your car or your home at 700+km/h.
A Tamir interceptor costs between 50 and 90k US-$. It's not a bargain but just absorbing those 'decoys' would almost certainly be more expensive.

Also don't forget the psychological benefit for the affected population. Enduring rocket fire without end for years and years has some lasting psychological effects, especially for children. The long-term economic costs are incalculable.
Iron Dome turned out to be a big help in that regard, the threat is much easier to cope with, if you know your sons/daughters/brothers and sisters (quite literally the case due to conscription) are doing the best they can to keep you and your family safe.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join