It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proper toilet seat etiquette

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong
a reply to: dfnj2015

Its not communism unless everyone has to put the lid down. Thats why i always put it down.

Ever had to clean the lid when someone goes not realising the lid's closed? It is hilarious and messy

I agree. This would not be a proper political discussion unless someone is labeled a communist in a derogatory fashion.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I don't care if is up or down as long as it remains clean. That's the only rule.
Because if not all the hell breaks lose and everybody in the house gets to pay for that.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Notoneofyou

I was thinking along the same lines .

Men say the seat up is correct .

Women say the seat down is correct .

The answer to this question falls in the same place as 99.9% of married men’s opinions .

Do I want to be right or do I want to be happy ?

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I'll always lift seat to pee and replace down when finished, leaving the toilet in a inviting and ready fashion for my loving missus.

The way i see it if she can love me in the fashion she does and do my dirty laundry then the least i can do is lower the seat as a courtesy.

Boom!!!!! One less thing to winge about.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

I'm betting she cleans that toilet too, eh?

That just occurred to me after I had posted... my husband has never scrubbed a toilet in his entire life, much less the whole bathroom. And I doubt he wants to. He's probably quite happy to leave that to me!

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Not only would it be nice for men to put down the seat,I would
appreciate it if they had better aim.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior
I am a male, therefore I just make sure the toilet is up when I pee.

My wife is a female, she just makes sure the toilet seat is down when she pees.

It’s a great system that has worked for us. I assume anyone who comes to my house knows the same thing as I thought it was an unspoken rule. I never understood it actually being a big deal.

The best answer.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
If men can somehow manage to lift the lid to pee, so as not to pee all over the top of the lid. I don't think it's unreasonable for women to assume the personal responsibility of being capable of putting the seat down for themselves.

What is a woman's excuse for demanding that the seat be down when they enter a bathroom?
Absentminded enough to sit on the toilet when the seat is up?

Or too lazy to put it down themselves?

They should be happy that we lift it to piss.
edit on b000000312019-08-12T08:13:03-05:0008America/ChicagoMon, 12 Aug 2019 08:13:03 -0500800000019 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   
You know, all things being equal and all, I'd say that maybe females can put the damn lid down themselves? How hard is it to just put the seat down if you need to use the toilet?

Women empowerment and what not.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

Not only would it be nice for men to put down the seat,I would
appreciate it if they had better aim.

It takes a little while for the young males to develop the aim.
I am the one that cleans the bathrooms at my house. I have a boy and a girl still at home and I parent alone.
I wish either one could remember to flush the dang thing when they are done.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I started sitting down when i had to clean my own toilet.

There is only one rule:

never whistle while you piss

Sincerely No Clue

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Ya cant flush mine unless the covers down

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Ive always had dogs, my whole life.

That toilet seat stays closed when not being used!

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Just pee in the sink or shower and you will never have to fight about the toilet seat again.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

From a sanitary standpoint, if you leave the cover up water droplets from the toilet saturate the entire room.
That includes your tooth brush.

Polite society should close the lid before any flush.

That is my take. It's a sanitary thing, not a male-female thing.

Also keeps the dog out of it...which really is gross.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

As a male, in a private residence I always put it down—after I'm finished. It's polite, and it looks nicer and more sanitary. In public I use my foot to raise it, and leave it up because idgaf.

She also used to say in an Edith Bunker like voice, "If you don't have anything nice to say shut your God damn mouth!"

lol

I once had a really cool girlfriend who said, "I'll leave it up for you. And you put it down for me." I'm such an idiot. I should have married that woman!!!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

I gave up trying to be right years ago. Now i just do what the "war department" instructs me to do.

Much easier than trying to figure out how many times I can be wrong in a week.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
We once had a dog that would drink out of the toilet. Since then we both put both lids down every time.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Start from neutral, both seat and cover down. ANYONE who uses it must do something, move cover up or seat and cover together. It's nearly the same motion and costs nearly the same energy and calories. When finished, return to neutral. No male should be forced to pee sitting down. That is emasculating. No woman should accidentally fall into the bowl at night because she assumed the seat was down. Go to neutral and no one has a problem.

And it's less gross. Do you really want a guest staring into a bowl of water designed to catch falling excrement? That shows a lack of class.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
That toilet seat gripe by women was formed back in the days when women couldn't even vote and had no real control over what their hubbies were doing. So they focused on the toilet seats since they could bitch about that, it gave them the unification needed to force men to give up some of the control.

Ok, totally made that up, but it has a better chance of being real than the big bang theory.
edit on 12-8-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join