It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proper toilet seat etiquette

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I know the burning questions with regards to Epstein's suicide are providing endless fascination for the so called political aware. But I was just reminded of something more important to discuss.

What is the proper toilet seat etiquette between males and females?

Cheech and Chong used to have a bit where they talked about how women hate when men leave the seat up because they don't like getting "sticky buns" ((spoken with Mexican accent))

My grandmother was a stickler for have proper manners and etiquette. She had a really loud voice and I was often scared of her. She got me into the habit of not only putting the seat down after I use the toilet but also the toilet cover. So my whole life I've always put both down. She also used to say in an Edith Bunker like voice, "If you don't have anything nice to say shut your God damn mouth!"

So what is the verdict ATS members having acute acumen in such matters of male female relations. Do REAL men just leave it up? Or do REAL men put it back down? Or do REAL men pee right into the thing with the seat down and show the women who's the toilet boss?

I once had a really cool girlfriend who said, "I'll leave it up for you. And you put it down for me." I'm such an idiot. I should have married that woman!!!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

From a sanitary standpoint, if you leave the cover up water droplets from the toilet saturate the entire room.
That includes your tooth brush.

Polite society should close the lid before any flush.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I usually put seat and lid down. Until the wife tells me to do otherwise.
Which happens nearly continuously-on all topics, not just bathroom.
edit on 12-8-2019 by Notoneofyou because: Old hands.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Seat down is definitely proper. It only takes one time to forget it was up and you flop down in the dark, barely awake.

No questions, please.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 02:01 AM
link   

A certain high street bank saw fit to issue guidelines...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 02:25 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I suspect the real reason is that women are squeamish about touching the seat at all, and resent being obliged to do it.
Men are used to putting it up or down all day for different needs, so it doesn't bother them, though they are annoyed by being expected to remember an extra task.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 03:32 AM
link   

With 7 kids, of which 4 are boys you can understand that sitting down to pee is just a normal rule in my household.

Saves a lot of frustration and cleaning.

Peace

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   
and this crap is why i deliberatly piss on toilet seats

its not my job to put the seat where you want it - you dont do it for me - why is that ??

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Well technically if youre going to leave it down, it would seem proper to close the lid and all which still leaves the ladies at the same impasse. Best suggestion is look before you sit down, unless we're assuming that women cant do that, in which case we really need to re-address this equality quandary with that in mind.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
She also used to say in an Edith Bunker like voice, "If you don't have anything nice to say shut your God damn mouth!"

What I think is the most important thing here in your OP is that you never seemed to follow your mom's advice. I think you should be focusing on that specifically and trying to improve your manners towards others.

I'm such an idiot.

Heheheh

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
and this crap is why i deliberatly piss on toilet seats

its not my job to put the seat where you want it - you dont do it for me - why is that ??

Wow disgusting, lol.
You really are an "ignorant_ape" aren't you?
Hahaha

Cmon man use your foot to kick the seat up at least.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

With 7 kids, of which 4 are boys you can understand that sitting down to pee is just a normal rule in my household.

Saves a lot of frustration and cleaning.

Peace

If you have a backyard with fences and privacy I'd just go pee out back in the bushes/grass. Saves on the water bill, plus you don't have to pee sitting down. You are suppose to stand up. Stop letting that woman control you!

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Its not communism unless everyone has to put the lid down. Thats why i always put it down.

Ever had to clean the lid when someone goes not realising the lid's closed? It is hilarious and messy

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

And let them destroy my Agapanthus!?!

I'm an avid gardner and my garden is sacret so no peeing allowed in it! (Even the dogs have a seperate toilet area and they wouldn't dare doing their business anywhere else).

I live in the countryside so peeing in the bushes is common practise and I only had to worry about explaining my boys that electric fences are not suitable for peeing on.

At home we sit down when we do out business because it is very much impossible to find people owning up to peeing over the seat and I end up having to clean it...

Peace

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I am a male, therefore I just make sure the toilet is up when I pee.

My wife is a female, she just makes sure the toilet seat is down when she pees.

It’s a great system that has worked for us. I assume anyone who comes to my house knows the same thing as I thought it was an unspoken rule. I never understood it actually being a big deal.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 05:36 AM
link   

It's about cleanliness and sanitation... an open flushing toilet spews the worst germs everywhere!!!

I am sooooooooo glad my husband's mother is an RN, and he understands this, so it's never been an issue in our home. I sure appreciate that.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   
If men can somehow manage to lift the lid to pee, so as not to pee all over the top of the lid. I don't think it's unreasonable for women to assume the personal responsibility of being capable of putting the seat down for themselves.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Two words: upper decker.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru

A certain high street bank saw fit to issue guidelines...

www.dailymail.co.uk...
< br />
Bank policy is bank policy!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join