It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"White Males and Mass Shootings" - Umm, but the Mississippi shooter was black

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 05:38 AM
link   
The media is spouting some nonsense about "(young) white males" and mass shootings (e.g. Why are white men carrying out more mass shootings?).

Might we be reminded that the Walmart shooter in Southaven, MS was a black male (Southaven Walmart shooting suspect Martez Abram in serious, but stable condition).

Why focus unncessarily on the race(s) of the shooter?

Shame on the Media for turning US mass shootings into an attack on white males.
edit on 5-8-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 05:47 AM
link   
This is an entirely different animal.

This is a man who was suspended from his job after 25 years and returned to that job, armed and angry.

He worked at that Walmart.

Spree killers choose targets of opportunity, usually based upon foot traffic with the intention of inflicting as many casualties as possible and usually have no deep personal connection to that location.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

A) I live in the same town as the MS Walmart shooter.. he was an employee who attacked a specific manager, and then the guy trying to pursue him...

That is not a terrorist attack mass shooting.. at all.

That was your run of the mill murder ,but in a public place..

B) I don’t know if there ever has been a black mass shooter or serial killer..

Even Malvo was just a very elaborate attempt to murder his ex wife..

Wayne Williams it is questionable if it was really him..

The guy who attacked cops in Texas would count..

But even you providing one example , that only proves the rule...there are still 100xs more perpetrated by whites..

CONCLUSION)

The extremes of each end of the political spectrum are not extreme in the same ways..

Your not gonna have a smelly anti-gun, , tree hugging, trans ,sissy perpetrate a violent mass shooting, lol..

That is not their wheel house..

Of course your anti-government pro second amendment crowd is going to be more violent...

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   
ohhh yeah remember there was that one black guy....or that one liberal....

Truth is there is a problem among predominately white males under the age of 25 who think shooting a bunch of strangers is a solution to their problems. Furthermore recently we have seen that lots of these young men subscribe to what is regarded as a far-right ideology.

Part of the problem is that people want to ignore this, they want to pretend its all about mental illness and ignore the other factors that are contributing to it while at the same time continuing to preach about "white genocide", the "Mexican invasion"..."Stealing our second amendment rights" and so on and so on.

There are rotten apples in every group in society, in the last few decades we have seen it from the Islamic community now I think we are starting to see it more in the political far-right. It sucks but thats what's happening and just like white Islamic extremism its important that the moderates in the right speak out against what is turning into a violent ideology in some sects.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Ft Hood
VA Tech
Orlando nightclub
San Bernardino
Boston Bombers
DC Snipers
Binghampton shooting
Washington Navy Yard
Wilkes-Barre shootings

Someone's narrative smells like BS

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Ft Hood
VA Tech
Orlando nightclub
San Bernardino
Boston Bombers
DC Snipers
Binghampton shooting
Washington Navy Yard
Wilkes-Barre shootings

Someone's narrative smells like BS

Indeed.

But a mass shooting occurs with a white male shooter as the perpetrator and suddenly the media focusses excessively on white males and "how dangerous they are".

Now, I'm not a protector of all things "white male" blah blah but I'd rather the media did not focus excessively on the race of the shooters as if it's the most important part of the mass murder. Especially as it could go both ways. What if next year, the majority of mass school shootings are carried out by young black males or young Chinese males?
edit on 5-8-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   

I agree. The more interesting question is why are there mass shootings at all?

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   

There are 100's of more black mass killers than whites with gang violence but the media won't discuss it. In Chicago alone, 60 shot this month. It will be well over 100 by month's end. This is almost every month.

Are all those black? No, not all are black but it's majority black. Are they shooting more than one person? Yes, most of them are shooting multiple black people.

Impossible to have a rational conversation about gun violence and mass murder when the media ignores the overwhelming mass killing everyday in black communities.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
ohhh yeah remember there was that one black guy....or that one liberal....

Truth is there is a problem among predominately white males under the age of 25 who think shooting a bunch of strangers is a solution to their problems. Furthermore recently we have seen that lots of these young men subscribe to what is regarded as a far-right ideology.

Part of the problem is that people want to ignore this, they want to pretend its all about mental illness and ignore the other factors that are contributing to it while at the same time continuing to preach about "white genocide", the "Mexican invasion"..."Stealing our second amendment rights" and so on and so on.

There are rotten apples in every group in society, in the last few decades we have seen it from the Islamic community now I think we are starting to see it more in the political far-right. It sucks but thats what's happening and just like white Islamic extremism its important that the moderates in the right speak out against what is turning into a violent ideology in some sects.

Unfortunately some people are more susceptible and easy to brainwash. So yes the roots of these events being carried out are mental health concerns. Someone with a balanced mind wouldn't carry out such atrocities.

I'm not here to read about what colour the individual was.... their motives can differ, be it religion or politics. The fact is mass shootings in the US will continue to happen if there isn't better gun control/monitoring or an outright ban. However unpopular that opinion is for many people in the US (a debate I wont go into now)

Islamic extremism is a whole other story and, I can't see an end to that without a reform/end of Islam. As drastic as that sounds.

If we want quicker results, we need to take out the thing that allows these events to be carried out. And then we can focus on altering/bettering society.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   
It's in the public interest to know thise things. It adds context.

Were the beliefs and nationality of the Boston Marathon bombers relevent. Yes, of course they were.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MrConspiracy

hmmm so when its a white kid who does it and quotes the Christ Church manifesto and a anti-immigration ideology as his motivation.... he's just mentally ill, its not that he has been exposed to a extreme ideology that often justifies violence.

When its a Muslim kid who does it and quotes the Qu'ran and whatever extremist scholar he's been listing too as his motivation its because he's been exposed to a extreme ideology that often justifies violence....no mental illness.

No, I don't buy that, mental illness is just a nice excuse to avoid the real issues that there are some who follow the far-right ideology who are willing to commit horrible acts of violence.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Don't forget the Dallas shootings at the protest.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Stop calling them ALL racists, nazis, fascists and other crap then, when you only do it to win an argument and there is no other reason to.

Balls in your court, mister Coin.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
B) I don’t know if there ever has been a black mass shooter or serial killer..

I'm just curious, but do we not count drive-by shootings and/or other bits of gang violence?? If we consider adding that violence to the list of related crimes then maybe we can at least make it a male issue, rather than a racial issue.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Stop calling them ALL racists, nazis, fascists and other crap then, when you only do it to win an argument and there is no other reason to.

Balls in your court, mister Coin.

I don't am very clear in that I do not believe that all of them are racists, nazi's or whatever other label you want to pretend am using. I believe that there is a small sect with in the political far right who are prepared to take their ideological beliefs a step further and commit violence in the name of those views, these are the racists, the nazi's the true Facist's. Being a trump supporter or anti-immigration in my view does not make you one of these scumbags it just means I disagree with your politics. If you're a racist your a racist holding conservatives views though does not in my opinion make anyone a racist in of itself.

I have always been quite clear on this yet there seems to be this straw-man argument to pretend that anyone who disagrees with your right leaning political views thinks you're a racist nazi and that is simply not true, at least for me.
edit on 5-8-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I will post this again. It's a comment I pulled from another blog I read, and I think it's relevant to this discussion and fits all young males in our society:

PLEASE stop calling these people crazy. They are criminal, but not crazy. As a retired detective, I can say we get weary of normal, non violent people trying to pigeon hole violent acts into what amounts to a coping mechanism. People don't want to admit that other people do bad things all the time.

For example, calling a bad FBI agent like Strzok "rogue" indicates he is a one off event. Yet, we've seen hundreds and hundreds of examples of similar "rogue agents" doctoring evidence, lying, abusing their power. We say "rogue" because it manages our vision of how things should be, not how they are. Imagine if we all just realized one day our FBI was corrupt from top to bottom and has been for along time. Then what?

Here, we have a young person committed to an act he THINKS will raise an issue that needs to be addressed. I read the manifesto. If you pulled it away from him and the attack, you would think it was some kind of article written by the eggheads at the Brookings institute!

If, IF, he wrote it by himself, the bad guy isn't stupid or crazy. In fact, he took a great deal of time to outline his positions. He even took the time to point out second generation of immigrants don't want to do the work their fathers and mothers did. Instead, they want to be educated and get skilled jobs. That's true. In fact, I read that from an old NY times or Post article. In fact, by the third generation the laziness and entitlement of the kids match the laziness and entitlement of every other kid in America.

If you read his entire list of complaints, you come away with a person who mired in hopelessness. He sees no future for his generation, not just due to Washington's inability to address immigration, but from automation and other issues that the Left keeps bringing up.

You want to know how to stop these things from happening? Stop bombarding kids, young minds, with twenty four hours a day doom and destruction mantras. From the time they hit kindergarten they are told the world is going to end. Six year olds are suffering panic attacks.

And it is all done by corrupt, power hungry politicians and advocates. Heck, the last Dem debate had one guy claim the world is doomed in twelve years, then he was upped by the next guy who claimed ten years, then Yang screams we all need to run to high ground NOW!

Imagine the hopelessness that creates in young people.

I've learned a few things over my life and from studying history. One is that if a person or a group of people think their voices have been silenced by the power to be, they will find another way to be heard. History is full of those examples. Including Gavrilo Princip, the nineteen year old anarchist and Yugoslav nationalist. He was the one who (you know what - because Disqus will flag the post) the archduke in 1914 that led to the start of WW1.

In Wilmington NC in 1898, another group decided to change the cities direction by attacking minority rule that was aligned with the Republicans. They were not crazy, and shockingly, they were actually successful, changing that city, and the state's, position on race relationships for fifty years!

So do not dismiss this El Paso outrage as being from a crazy person, he's not. He does sound filled with hopelessness and anger. (Neither was the antifa old hippie protestor turned armed terrorist in Washington two weeks ago. )

My fear is that he's not alone. Our liberal leaders (and us) have encouraged and allowed the Left to educate for twelve years a constant sense of hopelessness into our kids. Kids filled with natural anger that all kids feel when maturing. Many of those kids are not surrounded by family or faith or community, so they have no way to have those feeling filtered or counseled.

so what do we expect to happen when they grow up? We have had three in a week or so. No other connection between them except anger and frustration. We, as a nation, built these kids. Our political leaders built these kids in hopes to have political power. Our liberal media encourages violence as long as it is directed at their enemies.

Our leaders in Washington ACT OUT like these kids, refusing to address an easily solved problem, so they can act crazy themselves and accuse each other of crimes...all to get more power. (AOC is a perfect example)

So put the blame squarely on the shoulders of the bad guy for the El Paso nightmare. But keep a little for all of us for letting it get this way. And a good deal more for the childish men and women in DC who are responsible too.

Stop with the madness, as we can see it is infectious. Just fix the problem and prove we can be better. You'd be surprised how that will impact our kids.

The problem is our society, not our tools.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Here are some interesting facts

There are 130 MILLION firearms(2009) in the US, not including those owned by the armed forces.
Two thirds of all gun deaths(including gang violence and mass shootings) are suicides.

But by all means, do keep talking about left right, black and white, crazy and sane.
The force multiplier of a firearm is off the charts, so in the mean time just cover your ASP

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Most are not black...

Va tech was Asian...

Ft hood workplace shooting.. and I don’t think black..

Malvo (dc) -elaboratly nursing’s wide..

Have to google the rest..

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: MrConspiracy

hmmm so when its a white kid who does it and quotes the Christ Church manifesto and a anti-immigration ideology as his motivation.... he's just mentally ill, its not that he has been exposed to a extreme ideology that often justifies violence.

When its a Muslim kid who does it and quotes the Qu'ran and whatever extremist scholar he's been listing too as his motivation its because he's been exposed to a extreme ideology that often justifies violence....no mental illness.

No, I don't buy that, mental illness is just a nice excuse to avoid the real issues that there are some who follow the far-right ideology who are willing to commit horrible acts of violence.

Please re-read my post. I never once claimed that a "white kid" doing this in the name of Christianity was just "mental health" ... but yes, if someone carries out such crimes, they have mental health issues. And that's the root of it. Ideology/Politics/Religion are their skewed reasoning.

The issue is far more vast and dangerous when you're looking at Islamic extremism. Don't pretend because some white "kids" are also terrorists and at the same time Christian, that this puts the issue on the same global scale. When I brought Islam up, in response to your mention of Islam, was merely to point out that it's a "whole other story" and disconnects from this situation. Again, re-read the post.

Tell me what would you do right now to stop these?

1) take a social approach and try remove all negativity from religion/politics and anything else. (good luck)
2) ban guns.

I'd do 2, then tackle 1. That was my point.
edit on 5-8-2019 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   

NBC actually used the term "white terrorism" on their evening news broadcast yesterday.

<<   2  3 >>

join