It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot sighting near cave in Kentucky

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
www.courier-journal.com...

The man "says he saw Sasquatch emerge from the brush near our tent and start approaching him," Ginn recounted.

This was a Bigfoot sighting near mammoth cave in Kentucky. There have been other sighting there that have been deemed "credible".

There have been so many Bigfoot sightings all over the world. At what point do we as a whole really start believing.
I guess if there are some people that still think the earth is flat, there will always be people that don't believe in Bigfoot.
I know the common question is why can't we capture them on camera, or video (even though we do have a few). Who knows,
maybe these things are somewhat like spirits or maybe they are demonic and posses some kind of special powers.
Why can birds fly but humans can't? Maybe Bigfoot is able to go invisible. All I know is that I believe it.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

There have been so many Bigfoot sightings all over the world. At what point do we as a whole really start believing.

when something real is discovered. Bigfoot poop, a body, a picture that is clear and not a grainy bear or deer. I want to believe as well, but reality precludes me from blindly accepting it.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

News reports that I'm reading state that he shot a rifle at it.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   

As for the video posted at the top of your article...

He soon found the ADOT traffic camera on State Route 260 that snapped the shot. It broadcasts live still images every few minutes. And, as he posted in his analysis on YouTube, it turned out the "family" members were still there — in exactly the same places. Because they're bushes or small trees — not animals, mythical or otherwise.

Put away the .30-06 and the nets.

Timothy Tait, ADOT spokesman, admits the post wasn't meant to be taken seriously: "We were just having fun, as we often do on our Facebook and Twitter feeds."

www.phoenixnewtimes.com...

link   
a reply to: mzinga

hope it's not a kid in a suite pranking someone.

link   

Why can birds fly but humans can't? Maybe Bigfoot is able to go invisible. All I know is that I believe it.

And I don't. Equating people who believe the world is flat to people who DON'T believe in Bigfoot is a serious stretch illogical juxtaposing.

You raise the ''common question'' of why can't we capture them on camera or video then answer it with a simple ''who knows''
I do.
They are not real.
You then head off into a speculative realm of maybe they are not really Bigfoot but rather some form of ''spirit'' with special powers.

Fun extrapolating but, nah, they don't exist. I say that not because I have always poo pooed the notion. I first heard of Bigfoot when I was ten. And Sasquatch and Yeti, oh it was such a thrill to fantasize that there were these hidden cousins out there somewhere hiding from the encroachments of modern civilization . Those big guys that are free and still mostly off the radar. Oh yes, I hoped they were real. But that was 60 years ago when I was 10.

Since then I have watched the media and all the reports of vague sightings, all the while watching the encroachment of civilization to every corner of the planet. Hell when I was young we thought that there were only a couple of ancient ruins of past civilizations and those were mostly in Egypt and a couple of other places. But now we know that those ancient ruins are EVERYWHERE and still except for ''vague'' photos, no sign of Mr. Bigfoot.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I know the common question is why can't we capture them on camera, or video (even though we do have a few). Who knows,
maybe these things are somewhat like spirits or maybe they are demonic and posses some kind of special powers.

I've been interested in the subject for years and the conclusion I've come to is that they're either inter-dimensional (like some kind of spirit that can take physical form) or they're ETs. I've personally seen balls of light appear in the woods and float around before turning into something making bipedal footsteps and whistle at me, so those balls of light are some kind of beings - if they exist and can float around, there's no reason we should say sasquatches can't do strange things as well. Perhaps they're even the same thing, as the balls of light are sometimes seen around sasquatch encounter locations.

I'm honestly surprised though that I don't see more people making the potential sasquatch-ET connection. A lot of people believe in extraterrestrials, and that they are and have been visiting the Earth - but when we have actual reports of strange humanoids being seen in multiple countries throughout human history (sometimes in relation to UFO/orb sightings), it seems like the majority of people just dismiss it as being nonsense instead of saying "Hey, what if...?"
edit on 8/1/2019 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me if there USED TO BE a bigfoot like creature that is now extinct. I find it odd pretty much every culture on the globe has their version of Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Yeti, etc.

However, I have a hard time believing any exist. At least anywhere near civilization. I can see one being found in the remote wilderness of Alaska or Siberia, but no way I am believing some hick in the middle of Kentucky sees one. Given all the cameras, drones, cell phones, and just sheer number of people around, even remote areas of the US, it is unlikely a 8 or 10 foot tall hairy creature is able to stay hidden.

Even the most elusive creatures like mountain lions, etc get caught on trail cameras all the time. Bigfoot must have some sort of jamming technology that prevents people from taking pictures that aren't with an Iphone 1 that has vaseline smeared on the lens....

I got a cell phone camera that see a pimple on a fly's butt but none of the people who alledgely see these things ever have a camera with more than 1 mega pixel.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
When Bigfoot gets described as possibly a spirit/entity that can shape shift etc... that's when the line gets blurred for me. To me (although I believe in the paranormal) It becomes a cop out as to why we haven't properly caught/recorded/witnessed one we can verify.

I agree to an extent that It would be extremely difficult for a creature of this size and stature to remain hidden. But there are people who remain hidden and live in the wilderness for years without being found. Some of these bigfoot sightings are human size, if a little bigger. On that basis, "unlikely" doesn't mean impossible.

As usual - the jury's still out.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

That's curious. I was talking to someone who's american indian. Apparently they believe in bigfoot. Have encountered bigfoot on reservations. The someone I spoke to claims that people on reservations tell others to stay out of areas when encountered. Also the person I spoke to said to have encountered one once while hunting. One of the people in his group go his scalp gouged by a rock thrown by bigfoot.

I'm thinking that Bigfoot hunters are missing out by not building a relationship with native tribes that can alert them when they know it's in the area.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

That's curious. I was talking to someone who's american indian. Apparently they believe in bigfoot. Have encountered bigfoot on reservations. The someone I spoke to claims that people on reservations tell others to stay out of areas when encountered. Also the person I spoke to said to have encountered one once while hunting. One of the people in his group go his scalp gouged by a rock thrown by bigfoot.

I'm thinking that Bigfoot hunters are missing out by not building a relationship with native tribes that can alert them when they know it's in the area.

David Paulides, the Missing 411 guy, wrote two books that brought up the connection between sasquatches and native Americans - "The Hoopa Project" and "Tribal Bigfoot" - the latter of which is about this connection specifically.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
This guy is 6 ft 9 and was 300 lbs when this happened and experienced hiking in wilderness including AK.
I have walked this loop several times. Anyone who watches this whole video and thinks this guys is lying must be blind! They say the whole of this mountain is like a sieve full of caverns unexplored front to back.
We live near the area and have seen a bed, of small branches and tracks.

Grants Pass, Oregon, psychologist Matthew Johnson is insisting he did hear, smell and see the Pacific Northwest's mythical Bigfoot while hiking during the July 4th weekend with his family at the Oregon Caves National Monument. "We had just completed the tour of the Oregon Caves and decided to hike up the mountain about a mile or so on the Big Tree Loop Trail," he told CBS News Early Show co-anchor Jane Clayson Monday.

"That's when we ran into the smell that was very strong like a skunk but a lot worse." Bigfoot, or Sasquatch, is the name given to a large, hairy, ape-like creature reportedly living clandestinely in the woods of the Pacific Northwest. Johnson says Bigfoot paralleled his family on an animal trail about 40 feet away and for about 10 minutes walking, making "whoo, whoo" noises.
www.cbsnews.com...

edit on 1-8-2019 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I think most people who find themselves in the wilderness and suddenly become believers don't think about pictures.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I guess if there are some people that still think the earth is flat, there will always be people that don't believe in Bigfoot.

Lol. But most people who believe the Earth is a spinning ball dont believe in Bigfoot.....in fact most would place you on the same level.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

if you ever do see him, just rough talk him. But he does have beautiful hair.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I miss the old days of no adds on every webpage. I cant visit your link as it doesnt let you with an adblocker on. Any chance you can post the pic or video?

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Read some of these experiences in the comments one guy does say it seemed he was effected by something that caused him to freeze up or pass out.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Since then I have watched the media and all the reports of vague sightings, all the while watching the encroachment of civilization to every corner of the planet.

But when people have face to face sightings no one will even look and they certainly don't want to know the truth.

Where I live numerous people including people who work in the forest have come face to face or close to it with these creatures many have seen the tracks but just because they are not the kind like city people who have a phone in their hand all day, they are ignored!

Not long ago there were to highway patrol, I think it was Virginia, they saw a creature jump over a guard rail along the highway it put its hands on the rail and threw its body over the rail and ran off. Other than the movements it looked like an upright bear, they turned around swearing and went back, it was gone but they were clearly stunned. Their car cam caught the creature, all you could see was big and all dark hair and the movement over the rail was like a human would do.
Clearly they were not lying and this was back on a woodsy road miles from anywhere person would hang out, swamp on both sides.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Somehow I don't think you'd be able to get close enough to do what that guy said he did.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

when something real is discovered. Bigfoot poop, a body, a picture that is clear and not a grainy bear or deer. I want to believe as well, but reality precludes me from blindly accepting it.

There are TONS of photos, videos and proof of ghosts. When people see those, they say they are a production and not real. The same would happen with bigfoot. I'm not even so much saying people should just blindly accept it. What I do think people should accept is that there is so much more to this world that what we know and believe.

I think about just 100 years ago, how ignorant people were. Imagine us telling them that we would be able to communicate with ones and zeros flying through the air.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join