It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Official Says Chinese Forces Are on Hong Kong’s Border

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Jul.30 -- The White House says it is monitoring what it calls a “congregation of Chinese forces on the border with Hong Kong.” Weeks of unrest in the city threaten to overwhelm the government and it’s taking its toll on the economy. China says the demonstrations have gone “far beyond what it sees as a peaceful protest.” Bloomberg’s Stephen Engle reports on “Bloomberg Markets: China Open.”

White House Official Says Chinese Forces Are on Hong Kong’s Border

Mainland China will never let Hong Kong go. The Hong Kong people enjoy the freedoms they currently have and some are in fear they will lose that. What type on effect will 2047 have on the population, when the UK and China agreement expires and Hong Hong joins Mainland China?

From now until the switch in 2047 will not matter. Large protests will occur and the Chinese government is beginning to notice that.

edit on 31-7-2019 by Blundo because: vid fix

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
China seems to be making noises that suggest they won't wait until 2047 if they think they can get away with it.

The red dragon has become increasingly more aggressive in the last few years. Did they start their puffery a little too early? Maybe, maybe not.

They're a pretty good example of what the NWO will look like though...

edit on 31-7-2019 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
That headline is kinda like saying “US military masses on border with California”
This mess started because of the west taking Hong Kong from the Chinese so we could sell them opium.
If any of you out there think for 1 second that any western gov gives 2 shytes about the people of Hong Kong you need to pull your heads out your ass, the USAs interest is about money and other purely selfish reasons

The west needs to stay out of this

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Blundo

Of course they are. Hong Kong is part of China. No longer part of England. Hate to say it, but that is the real real. Sorry Hong Kong, you guys dont deserve this.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

What stuck me was the line that forces are amassing on the boarder. Isn't HK an island?

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

What stuck me was the line that forces are amassing on the boarder. Isn't HK an island?

Part of it is, but not all. And there are bridges connecting the island to the mainland.

A lot like NYC, really.

I'm sure China is looking forward to ending Hong Kong's semi-autonomous status. It's only a question of how soon.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

Of course they are. Hong Kong is part of China. No longer part of England. Hate to say it, but that is the real real. Sorry Hong Kong, you guys dont deserve this.

It seems that legally Hong Kong is autonomous and it's own entity separate from China although China does have some power in interpreting that law.

This is probably a dispute the United Nations should be involved in mediating, as they were formed specifically to address issues like this and to resolve them amicably and peacefully.

For more info, check out : This wiki page

The Basic Law ensured Hong Kong will retain its capitalist economic system and own currency (the Hong Kong Dollar), legal system, legislative system, and people's rights and freedom for fifty years, as a special administrative region (SAR) of China. Set to expire in 2047, the current arrangement has permitted Hong Kong to function as its own entity in many international settings (e.g., WTO and the Olympics) rather than as a part of China.[1][2][3]

The Chinese renminbi is not legal tender in Hong Kong. Likewise, the Hong Kong Dollar is not accepted in stores in China. With this arrangement, a permit or visa is required when passing between the borders of Hong Kong and China, and people in Hong Kong generally hold Hong Kong SAR passports rather than Chinese passports.

edit on 7/31/2019 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

It would be a shame if them bridges got blown.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Google "Hong Kong skyline" and look at how breathtakingly beautiful the city is, especially at night or sunrise/sunset.

I have always wanted to visit this amazing city but they really need to resolve their crisis before I'd even consider going. I also need to get a bunch of money because it certainly won't be cheap!

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Reminds me of something I heard about from folks who raise chickens, if the chickens are raised in and used to a larger coup, and you have to move them to a smaller coup, then when/if put in a smaller coup they get crazy, loud, violent, its like humans, given freedoms, you can't then later remove the freedoms, ya can't go backwards.... IMHO China should not ever try to go against nature. I guess the next 30 years will tell. What is that old statement?
"Time and tide wait for no man."
China should heed that reality. Could you imagine how awesome a free china could be? if they choose to fight the tide they are doomed. If they go with the flow of freedom they will run the planet next century. Free Hong Kong!! lol.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   
that's a nice three gorges dam you got there china, be a real shame if our secret space shuttle flew over it with it's not an earthquake weapon turned on...

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: circuitsports
that's a nice three gorges dam you got there china, be a real shame if our secret space shuttle flew over it with it's not an earthquake weapon turned on...

We, the USA, have no business getting involved in this. It's England's place to intervene if they wish. In fact, England should give HK citizens an opportunity to move to the UK since they're the ones that took HK in the first place, westernized it and gave it back.

Hong Kong will become part of China whether the people like it or not.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

since they're the ones that took HK in the first place

The UK didn't " take " HK.

It was " leased " from China for 99 years. It was handed back when the lease expired.

Not hard to fine the real facts if you look.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
An unimaginable fight ahead for Hong Konggers

I can’t see them gaining independence without international help which I don’t think is going to happen for fear of triggering a much larger conflict, a huge loss of life maybe ahead for Hong Kong should they pursue this path, not sure what the answer is only to continue to weaken the monster the globalist multinationals have created through greed

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
China seems to be making noises that suggest they won't wait until 2047 if they think they can get away with it.

The red dragon has become increasingly more aggressive in the last few years. Did they start their puffery a little too early? Maybe, maybe not.

They're a pretty good example of what the NWO will look like though...

Nobody is gonna go to war over Hong Kong.

In fact, I submit that if PRC simply wanted to "take" Hong Kong tomorrow, it could do so.

It's the ROC that China can't just simply "take" (and probably never will be able to).

Nobody is saving Hong Kong from the Chinese behemoth.

Taiwan, on the other hand, is a completely different question...

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: circuitsports

We, the USA, have no business getting involved in this. It's England's place to intervene if they wish. In fact, England should give HK citizens an opportunity to move to the UK since they're the ones that took HK in the first place, westernized it and gave it back.

Hong Kong will become part of China whether the people like it or not.

I don't think the US or the UK will lift a finger if the mainland decides to "take" Hong Kong any day from now.

It's Taiwan that will be a big fight for the PRC. No simple striding in there...

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

NVM
edit on 1-8-2019 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII
I don't think the US or the UK will lift a finger if the mainland decides to "take" Hong Kong any day from now.

There's not really much the UK or US could do. China has a looooong history of repression and crap human rights, so grinding Hong Kong into the mud would how the Chinese dictatorship typically deals with people who express a contrary view.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII

There's not really much the UK or US could do. China has a looooong history of repression and crap human rights, so grinding Hong Kong into the mud would how the Chinese dictatorship typically deals with people who express a contrary view.

China may well have a "loooooong history of repression and crap human rights", but the most the "International Community" will do is mumble something in protest and make a barely audible remonstration. You'll never see any embargoes, no-fly zones or punitive actions of any kind by "our Great West"...

China should probably just take Hong Kong if it really wants to. Nobody'll stop it.

EDIT: The recent issues regarding Huawei for instance were more to do with national security concerns as opposed to a "protest" against poor human rights, if you understand what I mean...
edit on 2-8-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

2047? China broke the agreement starting day 1, and will certainly not wait until 2047.

<<   2 >>

join