It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jokes about Soviet leaders re. Slavic humour

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I came across this as we tend to think that the Soviet Union was a dull humorless place, but jokes were told about the leaders , for instance after Nikita , all the leaders until the last were old and in very bad health, so if they got a bad one they wouldn't have to put up with them for very long. But it was so obvious that they had to put out health bulletins to prove they were in good shape. For instance...… " The leaders daily regime is thus..at eight o'clock he does number ones...at nine o'clock he does number twos at ten o'clock he wakes up" So I though I'd post this as to lighten the mood.

edit on 25-7-2019 by anonentity because: addition

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

How many Soviets does it take to change a light bulb?

3. One to screw it in and the other two to keep an eye on the intellectual.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   
This old soviet joke was funny and very telling:

Two Zeks (prisoners) meet in the Gulag,

Zek 1 - How long is your prison sentence?

Zek 2 - 15 years.

Zek 1 - What did you do?

Zek 2 - Nothing.

Zek 1 - Nothing? You only get 10 years for Nothing. Now what did you do?
edit on 28-7-2019 by Drakon because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2019 by Drakon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity Thanks for this! Great insights into humor as is permitted in a completely propagandized state. May come in handy!

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I found that channel recently. It's a great channel from a guy who grew up in the USSR and now lives I the US. The great thing about it is it is honest and balanced. He points out the good and the bad without prejudice about his experience growing up in the USSR. One funny thing in one of his video's, the first time he watched a movie on US television and an add break came on, it really really annoyed him lol. He thought it was criminal that they could ruin the movie with an add. (It was a video talking about television when he was growing up and how there were no commercials because the TV channels were owned by the state and not in the business of making any kind of profit)
edit on 29-7-2019 by harold223 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2019 by harold223 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: harold223

Yes the BBC used to be like that, I think SBS Australia was as well. Whatever you think about the old Soviet Union they could certainly sing well

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: harold223

Yes the BBC used to be like that, I think SBS Australia was as well. Whatever you think about the old Soviet Union they could certainly sing well

Yes, I'm from Australia actually. SBS used to be add free but now has limited advertising. The ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) is still add free. In fact, as a public broadcaster, they are not legally allowed to advertise for commerce. They are only allowed to promote non-for profit things or their own programs. The same laws apply to community broadcasters like community radio. It's amazing the difference in the content when watching/listening to a non-commercial broadcast station. So much more diverse and informative content, and local drama's etc, almost no "reality TV".

The Slavic peoples make great, powerful music

top topics

join