It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Handy hints for US members visiting the EU when choosing to defend themselves physically

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
Wow! You’re a violent guy! I subscribe to talking over violence, and staying out of shady situations, myself.

If you were referring to me as OP, then no I am not violent. I'm a total hippy peace-nik who moves snails on the pavement/sidewalk so they get to the greenery faster and nobody steps on them lol.

I do however live in a violent world with a clear pecking order of males.
You may think people in the UK are polite like neutered cats, but far from it. On any average street or housing estate every male knows his place. It is reality, so we absolutely need 'reasonable force' legislation. Cops are just bouncers in the club of life...the rule is don't batter someone in front of cctv or cops even if they deserve it.
It's complicated but easy to negotiate when that is your world growing up.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Carrying on in the theme of handy hints for US people travelling in either UK or Sweden and negotiating subjective terms of law, Sweden is actually more lenient in some respects because they have "blatantly unjustifiable" instead of "reasonable force" as their key words.
I could play "blatantly unjustifiable" way easier than in the UK, couple of extra punches after subduing an attacker I reckon is unreasonable (as UK justice looks at it) but those two extra punches would be more difficult to argue as blatantly unjustifiable.

Basically, if you are in Europe and someone is being a dick following you, either phone the police and detain him until they arrive, or carry on walking and if you feel fear for your safety use proportionate force to repel and escape, or detain and phone the cops.

If you want to beat a guy with a few men on one when he is down then do it away from cameras and cops, then run.
It ain't rocket science, but I hope my suggestions in this thread help even a single US national visiting European countries.
πŸ˜€πŸ‘

Edit
#FearIsOkay #AngerIsNotOkay #URonlyFreeAwayFromCCTV πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
edit on 26-7-2019 by Silure because: (no reason given)

Edit, To the guy in the videos from Sweden, I genuinely feel for you if you didn't know the score here in Europeland....your people let you down.
edit on 26-7-2019 by Silure because: See "edit"

...and just for the BS folk out there, by people I meant 'Those who you trust for advice' - and again, pecking order lol, natural in UK, we all know it...and I would dare to say you guys in the US don't get Brits sometimes because our crazy world is so different, sometimes.
edit on 26-7-2019 by Silure because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2019 by Silure because: Damn that autocorrect lol

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Silure

It seems like you guys are much more aggressive than people I know in the U.S.! The men I encountered in a UK Gaming Trading Forum seemed to get very pissed off easily if you didn't give them the price they wanted on an item, it was interesting.

Where I'm from, it's like:
"Hey, how are you? How does 5000 gold sound for that item?"
"Oh, no thanks, I was thinking more like 3500?"
"4000 works"

The UK Forum:
"I'll take your item (worth 5000 gold) for 1000 gold!"
"No, this item is worth more like 5000"
"# you! That item's duped! I'm leaving"
(Comes back)

I don't know though, I've never been there, and I'm not sure what was going on in that UK trading forum, it is just the vibe I got. Thanks for the interesting words, friend!
edit on 29amMon, 29 Jul 2019 02:42:09 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Very good points to be fair, I know loads of proper violent bastards, but most folk it's a subtle code, and a pecking order we carve our places out in.
I can go to the roughest pubs anywhere in Britain and meet friendly blokes who'd probably slit your throat if you crossed them but give you their newspaper when they've read it just because you happened to be the bloke next to them.

Brits are a strange mix of tribes even to this day, I love being born here, massively. The Polish boys are very similar as well, kinda mutual respect and same codes with them.
Brits though, don't be fooled by articulate argument and polite words, when that chain breaks the monster jumps out of the basement trap door! πŸ˜±πŸ˜‚

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join