It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bashir Al-Assad is still IN POWER

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Syria's Assad says talks on post-war constitution to 'continue'

Syrian president says efforts to create constitutional committee ongoing following meetings with Moscow and UN envoy.

Syria's President Bashar al-Assad has said discussions would "continue" over the composition of a body to draw up a post-war constitution for the country.

Meeting with Russian envoy Alexander Lavrentiev, Assad discussed ongoing efforts towards "creating a committee to discuss the constitution", the presidency said on Friday.

For all the blustering, talk, sanctions and military action by the United States, European states and "the UN", Bashir Al-Assad still remains in power. The destabilisation which begun from 2011 has evidently NOT "forced" him from power.

Meanwhile, the trillion dollar a year war machine wants to pick a fight...with Iran.

Don't see US (and Coalition) troops "invading" Syria like we did with Iraq and Afghanistan...

Eight years on and no "liberation"...

"пожалуйста"

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Perfect for Russia.

Now there won't be any gas pipelines coming from Qatar through Saudi Arabia through Syria.

Russia's pipelines through Turkey will stand unopposed 😆

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Yes we made a mistake going into Iraq the second time.
TPTB hadn't figured out that some countries need two bit dictators to control all the different factions.
It ain't pretty the way they do things but it was stable.

The worst thing that bothered me was the loss of antiquities that Isis destroyed.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII
Syria's Assad says talks on post-war constitution to 'continue'

Syrian president says efforts to create constitutional committee ongoing following meetings with Moscow and UN envoy.

Syria's President Bashar al-Assad has said discussions would "continue" over the composition of a body to draw up a post-war constitution for the country.

Meeting with Russian envoy Alexander Lavrentiev, Assad discussed ongoing efforts towards "creating a committee to discuss the constitution", the presidency said on Friday.

For all the blustering, talk, sanctions and military action by the United States, European states and "the UN", Bashir Al-Assad still remains in power. The destabilisation which begun from 2011 has evidently NOT "forced" him from power.

Meanwhile, the trillion dollar a year war machine wants to pick a fight...with Iran.

Don't see US (and Coalition) troops "invading" Syria like we did with Iraq and Afghanistan...

Eight years on and no "liberation"...

"пожалуйста"

Yes but oil is cheaper!

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: samkent
Yes we made a mistake going into Iraq the second time.
TPTB hadn't figured out that some countries need two bit dictators to control all the different factions.
It ain't pretty the way they do things but it was stable.

The worst thing that bothered me was the loss of antiquities that Isis destroyed.

Nailed it on both points!

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Whilst I am not Syrian I have worked with possibly hundreds in my time across the globe and I have never had one of them say a bad word about Assad, all I can say is make of that what you will...

For the most part up until the proxy war Damascus was a central trading hub where people from all religions traded peacefully without issues, as with other countries in this region it certainly has issues of sects wanting more power but overall the country was very livable and I am told very very hospitable to outsiders..

I know of someone that cycled through there on a round the world trip and basically said the only danger was being over fed because he was constantly pulled into peoples homes, met the whole family and was fed and watered then offered a bed for the night. On that note the same thing happened in Iran but that is another thread....

I find it hard to take MSM seriously when I hear first hand reports like this over and over, I have also personally seen,lived and worked in places that from the outside we are told is a third world dictatorship but being in country the people could not be happier and it is has stability. There certainly was a agenda for Syria and it failed. Now sadly it will be generations before it is anywhere near back to where it was. Maybe with a few shrewd negotiations and getting the right investments coming in it may just be able to rebuild and prosper.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

Assad is still in power because Russia allow it.

They oppose USA wanting his removal.

They didn't oppose Saddam or Gaddhaffi's removals.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
CAN'T MOSSAD ASSAD

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

Assad is still in power because Russia allow it.

They oppose USA wanting his removal.

They didn't oppose Saddam or Gaddhaffi's removals.

What about Iran? Does Mother Russia care about TIRI?

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: samkent
the loss of antiquities that Isis destroyed.

A weird way to spell "Jews".

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Assad may been blessed with superhuman power
why else Star Trek have shapeshifter in his image, Odo!

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Strange as it may seem, Assad was elected and has a high approval rating among his people.

This is a sectarian conflict, and the ones who want to list him are a relatively small group. If it weren't for Isis Assad would have crushed then years ago and Syria would be rebuilding itself and wear would just be another middle eastern strongman.

The irony is that Isis could have been crushed years ago if America had supported him. There would be a lot fewer deaths. Thousands of lives saved, and brutal terrorists stopped in their tracks. But Washington wanted regime change and helped a group far worse than Assad to run free.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Strange as it may seem, Assad was elected and has a high approval rating among his people.

This is a sectarian conflict, and the ones who want to list him are a relatively small group. If it weren't for Isis Assad would have crushed then years ago and Syria would be rebuilding itself and wear would just be another middle eastern strongman.

The irony is that Isis could have been crushed years ago if America had supported him. There would be a lot fewer deaths. Thousands of lives saved, and brutal terrorists stopped in their tracks. But Washington wanted regime change and helped a group far worse than Assad to run free.

How could America support Assad, if America was busy creating the strategy to take Assad down, with the help of terrorist groups not much different than ISIS, and sometimes even with actual ISIS help?

See what happened in Raqqa

www.theguardian.com...

To say that the US would have helped, while it was one of the masterminds behind the entire conflict and destruction, is preposterous at best

The irony is that there are still people who think the US invited itself into Syria with the purpose of helping Syrian people, after all the evidence available

edit on 18-10-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Assad only became a Brutal dictator when he started fighting foreign trained, armed, paid terroists sent into Syria,

new topics

top topics

join