It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would You Spend $45 Billion A Year On?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Pentagon says war in Afghanistan costs taxpayers $45 billion per year

WASHINGTON — Forty-five billion dollars. That’s how much the Pentagon says the Afghan war is costing American taxpayers, and with no end in sight they may have to keep footing that bill for years to come

I say spend it on building a state-of-the-art , speed rail line from Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico to Portland, Oregon, USA.

Or allocate the $45 billion a year budget to make Somalia great again.

Or better yet, rebuild thousands of Midwestern high schools, so that they have multiple exits so that kids can escape potential school shootings.

You? You're the Federal Government. What do you spend the $45 billion a year on instead?
edit on 20-7-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Strippers, hookers & blow & boxing kangaroo's on blow.

Oh, and booze, for the bear circus - lots of drunk bears on unicycles - drinking while pedaling. Oh, they need pointed hats as well and maybe sunglasses.

Even if that cost $45 billion, it'd still turn a profit!

edit on 7 20 2019 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
Strippers, hookers & blow & boxing kangaroo's on blow.

Oh, and booze, for the bear circus - lots of drunk bears on unicycles - drinking while pedaling. Oh, they need pointed hats as well and maybe sunglasses.

Even if that cost $45 billion, it'd still turn a profit!

Not you personally, numbnuts! You as the Federal Government.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII

WASHINGTON — Forty-five billion dollars. That’s how much the Pentagon says the Afghan war is costing American taxpayers, and with no end in sight they may have to keep footing that bill for years to come

I say spend it on building a state-of-the-art , speed rail line from Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico to Portland, Oregon, USA.

Or better yet, rebuild thousands of Midwestern high schools, so that they have multiple exits so that kids can escape potential school shootings.

You? You're the Federal Government. What do you spend the $45 billion a year on instead?

I'd rather see a high speed rail from Boston to DC passing through NYC, Philly, Baltimore then DC - maybe even going to Richmond, Raleigh or Charlotte (Charlotte is a major air hub) b/c from those 2 states you could serve much of the south.

I think $45 billion could transform every country W of Nigeria (the poorest W African countries & closest to US). Concentrate on the ~6-10 countries there and REALLY focus on supporting & uplifting the local economy, not replacing it. I've been working on ideas for Liberia where average yearly income is $4-500 per year per household! Think how far $1 billion would go. That is 45% of their GDP!

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

Absolutely nothing.
We are running a deficit so I wouldn't borrow the money.

And I do think we should bring all of our troops home and save the money.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
An army of 10,000,000 unicorns that fire ultra high density photon torpedoes from their horns.
As legitimate an answer as the thread itself deserves.

edit on 7/20/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Lol, yeah, and the hooker's and stripper's aren't for what you think either - it has a much "funnier" aspect.

On another note, do you have any desire to try to do something for these countries, like via a charity or are you just tossing around ideas? I've actually done some serious research into this after reading and learning about the history of W Africa and realize what life must be like there, especially for the poor (well, I CAN'T even imagine, I don't think any of us can).

But in some of these countries, a little $ goes SUCH a long way if you don't have people stealing from the charities/gov agencies/NGO's. If everyone in the US donated the cost of a cup of coffee, or cost of 1 gal of gas, that would be $1.1-1.3 billion, which would transform Liberia or Sierra Leone

(post by Fallingdown removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

That source is from a year and a half ago.

Is that figure still accurate?

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Space Force...A fleet of space cruisers.
The wall.
Also...plastic straws.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
We could just not spend the money, then we would not have to borrow so much.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
We could just not spend the money, then we would not have to borrow so much.

What...what a brilliant idea!

You're practically Thomas freaking Edison!

Now why didn't I think of that?!

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

That source is from a year and a half ago.

Is that figure still accurate?

I was simply reminded of the $45 billion figure after reading this article:

The U.S. is eager to end its longest war. In interview, Taliban gives little sign it's ready to change.

...Nearly 18 years after a U.S.-led coalition toppled the Taliban government in Kabul, Afghanistan remains one of the poorest and most insurgent-ridden countries in the world — just like America and its allies found the country when they invaded in 2001. According to the Pentagon, the war is costing U.S. taxpayers around $45 billion a year...

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII

Lol, yeah, and the hooker's and stripper's aren't for what you think either - it has a much "funnier" aspect.

On another note, do you have any desire to try to do something for these countries, like via a charity or are you just tossing around ideas? I've actually done some serious research into this after reading and learning about the history of W Africa and realize what life must be like there, especially for the poor (well, I CAN'T even imagine, I don't think any of us can).

But in some of these countries, a little $ goes SUCH a long way if you don't have people stealing from the charities/gov agencies/NGO's. If everyone in the US donated the cost of a cup of coffee, or cost of 1 gal of gas, that would be $1.1-1.3 billion, which would transform Liberia or Sierra Leone

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
How about the radical idea of giving it back to the people.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

A Moon base.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I would give it away.

Not to charities. I would meet with every day people and interview them.
If I thought they deserved it I'd give them a million dollars.

I 'd do that 1 million at a time till I died. Then I would leave the rest to a trust that does the same thing till it's all been given away.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Me as the fed.

Infrastructure and switching our energy grid to renewables.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
How about the radical idea of giving it back to the people.
nn
yea like the ancient Roman Empire. Also grain and pork allotments and public entertainment.

Well... maybe not.

Cruise Misseles??

Na,,, I'm no good at this.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join