It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: USS Boxer Destroys Iranian Drone

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

originally posted by: roadgravel
Iran seems to have a problem understanding boundaries, my space, your space. The US navy is having to instruct them in the matter.

yeah, good point!

wish people would stop posting such nonsense sensationalist images that aren't even accurate, most of those bases were either abandoned or turned over to civilian control or iraqi/afghan military control, the few that remain would hardly be useful for an invasion.

the rest outside iraq and afghanistan are there to prevent war between iran and saudi arabia or to protect our smaller allies in the region from iran or saudi arabia invading them or getting other ideas.

Thank you!

My unit helped close many of these FOBs in southwestern Afghanistan.

It's a pretty inaccurate infographic.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Amphibious warship USS Boxer (LHD-4) took down an Iranian drone that U.S. officials say threatened the ship as it entered the Persian Gulf on Thursday

Link

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

Iran seems to have a problem understanding boundaries, my space, your space. The US navy is having to instruct them in the matter.

yeah, good point!

Nobody is going to war and you

Might want to double check you map, like been mentioned dozens of times before most of those bases aren't even active, there are only a handful of active bases

militarybases.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Even if they are. What does it say about Iran that all of it's neighbors want the US there to protect them?

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I think they should keep using that image. People want US bases for protection. That is why the Philippines begged the US to come back and protect them from China. So what does it say about Iran that all of it's neighbors want a strong US presence there?

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

By this account, it was warned several times, continued on it's course towards Boxer, and was shot down.

I agree it should have been shot down...

What i find funny is I keep reading "it was warned several times" So did they ask the drone to turn around?

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Yes. Even UAVs have radio relays on them, that relay to the ground station. So they broadcast on the frequencies used by Iran warning the ground station to turn it back.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

no one uses battleships any more ,and as far as i know not much in the Iranian naval inventory has the range to make it to the gulf of Mexico. generally when ships are approached by unknown/ potentially hostile aircraft or ships they give repeated warnings and then if they do not back off then some times lethal force is used but not always (see us navy not firing on the Russian ship that almost hit them a few weeks or months ago)

they shot down one of ours a few weeks ago they claimed entered their air space, we shot one down that was approaching our warship, in the grand scheme of things at least no lives were lost in either event

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Krakatoa

No.

Obviously, it was yet another blatant attempt by the US to foment another war. After all, it's a call for War, War, War, right??[/sarc]

By this account, it was warned several times, continued on it's course towards Boxer, and was shot down.

Next time? Heed the warnings!!

Hell, not even shot down from what I've heard. We used something to jam it, and it just went into the water.
edit on 18-7-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Hey, Iran, send all of your drones out. I bet the US navy has more missiles than you have drones.

CWIS probably took it out rather than a missile.

Here is what they say took the drone down.
Light Marine Air Defense Integrated System.

A new Marine Corps anti-drone system that attaches to all-terrain vehicles and can scan the skies for enemy aircraft from aboard Navy ships was responsible for destroying an Iranian drone, Military.com has learned.

The system uses a radar and cameras to scan the sky to detect drones and distinguish between friendly and hostile systems. Once it locates a threat, it uses radio frequencies to jam the drone, C4ISR reported in May.

www.military.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
They should have told the Iranians they must have flown it into the water if it wasn't an obvious shoot down.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Sounds like normal procedures were followed.

After shooting down one of ours I doubt iran will raise much of a fuse.

These are just drones after all.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Thanks, man.

I'm not too familiar with naval weaponry.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   

WAR WAR WAR! BEER! SEX! WAR BEER! WAR! SEX! MONEY! WAR!

is bad

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Seriously though, Trump's history so far is that he won't bite. Kill a few dozen human Americans, then it will be what DNC lizards hope for.

Which is weird, usually DNC lizards only like killing people on their watch.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Israel use to bomb Iran all the time. Almost no news on those strikes back in the day. Now shooting down a tiny radio controlled piece of # is an international incident. SIlly. Probably some crap they got online. I would love to see this fine piece of technology.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Krakatoa

No.

Obviously, it was yet another blatant attempt by the US to foment another war. After all, it's a call for War, War, War, right??[/sarc]

Next time? Heed the warnings!!

Hell, not even shot down from what I've heard. We used something to jam it, and it just went into the water.

Maybe because it contained very lethal VX gas?

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Drones arent the threat the US needs to worry about in Hormuz. Its swarming, fast attack missile boats.

100 of those racing towards an aircraft carrier, with anti ship missiles and suicidal IRGC officers will sink a carrier.

Sure, ships defenses would sink quite a few... but not them all and the anti ship missiles are powerful.

The US has always owned the skies since ww2.

I want to know whats happening with the oil tanker Iran seized, thats a significantly more important matter.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Interesting side note, my wife's grandfather was stationed on the uss boxer in ww2...
Different ship of course....

I guess the Iranians can't bitch much. They shot down one of ours...

your grandfathers ship was named after the British ship, HMS Boxer, 1 of the 4 British frigates captured during the War of 1812 and since, there has been 5 ships named in its honor.

just thought I'd share that little bit of history considering your grandfather is now apart of that history
good deal mate

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Im surprised really that the Boxer allowed it to close so close. They would have been justified in downing it earlier or further out IMHO unless ROE said not too.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join