It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recurring dream about being chased by man with gun (Mafia)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Recurring dream where a person in the Mafia tries to come to the house to kill me and/or my close family.
Can someone tell me what this means? Thanks so much!

My father made a deal with the Mafia to murder someone, he thought $100 was the price, so he paid them, but it was only a down payment. He owed $30,000 so our whole family started packing our bags to get ready to escape the house just in case someone was sent to kill us. When we left the house, I was on high alert, being suspicious of everyone that I saw on my block. I passed my neighbor, and her two female friends. I wasn’t nervous, so we kept walking, but as soon as I saw this man (Walking head on towards me), I knew something was up. I tried crossing the street to see his reaction, and he crossed with me so I screamed something along the lines of “It’s him” or “Watch out!” And screamed about his gun. Usually a shootout with this one man happens down the block from my house, and I never escape him, I just wake up. This time, I managed to get a gun thrown to me, and kill him and escape. At the end of the dream I was back at my house, My Family had gone to the police, and called me to tell me that they told someone (The police) about what happened. I said “What do you want me to do?” There was no answer. I opened the backyard door and proceeded to hop over the fences of our neighbors because I felt like they were coming back to finish the job and I had to get out of the house again. I woke up after that.

edit on 9-7-2019 by RAFAELD00 because: Added a question

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Being chased by a gunman is actually a very very common dream if dream interpreters and psychologists are to be believed.
The common determinations are that the dreamer is feeling guilt about something that is bothering them so much the subconscious feels a sense of retribution or punishment is required.
This dream is supposed to alert the individual that the spirit is not happy with current decision making and trying to send subliminal messages via dreams to get the individual to make a menz (repent).

The fact you shot and killed the man then escaped usually derives from an arrogance of the the guilt in either refusing to accept your in the wrong or being totally ignorant to the fact your in the wrong.

The dream tells you your father made the deal to kill someone but subconsciously you probably know he did this to protect you and that the original debt ($30000) quite probably was yours to begin with (ie - drugs/guns/similar).

Point - search your inner self (soul) find out what's bothering you intensely and fix the problem.
The dream will then fade away.

edit on 9-7-2019 by CthruU because: 1

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Being chased and confronting the person means you have control of your life (so I was told). Not sure about the hitman, father and gun. That is a lot of detail for a dream. If it is recurring or something similar keeps occurring it does mean something IMO.

I no longer have the being chased dream. When I was having it consistently I was working with people with all sorts of personal problems, much of it being their own fault. It was difficult for me to grasp because they would ask me for advice since I had it together but they would never take the advice to create a better circumstance. Most of it was financial problems. The dreams almost seemed to be trying to make sense of it but there was no making sense of it.

They would come at me with a problem (chasing me), I turn around and confront the chaser. The the dream would end. This happened over and over until I no longer worked with them.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Seems like a fear of not being in control, which is starting to right itself.

The first poster may be correct but we also need to remember that, not everything we feel guilty about is valid. Shame is probably humanity's biggest problem, as individuals. The shame over what youve done can easily become a larger sin than the original act. Because it drives you deeper into unhealthy behaviors which causes you to have more dirty secrets to hide, which makes you even more afraid to just own it and accept that humans all make big mistakes and, for now at least, its an integral part of the human experience. Beating yourself up your whole life is not making anything any better and in fact its making it worse. Get to know yourself in all the deep corners of your mind. Take a good long look at all the failures, disappointments, and love them for they made you who you are today, love yourself for better or worse, this is what you have to work with. And you're gonna have to put together some kind of a meaningful, satisfying life out of that. So you better learn to love all of it. Just pretend youre giving wedding vows to yourself, because you can only love another person as much as you love yourself.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   
to my sense of reasoning... the OP of the 'Dream' is much too concise and linear to be a Dream...

the Story is very much more like a Script for a action/thriller movie or episode than a normally disjointed dreamscape
I suggest your visualization is a Twilight-Dream of half-awake/half-asleep story created by your imagination and the background TV intruding into the process...

bet you that you fell asleep on the couch when watching TV

just my input, and not a critical analysis

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
If it's not re-occurring or something similar, my understanding is the brain is trying to package up information and the dream is seeing some of this process and trying to put it together. Could be a bunch of "packets" like maybe watching a show involving a hitman, father having to dish out more money for something....blah blah. Normally if I have some crazy dream and think about it I can figure it out or, at least some of the "paperwork" the brain is putting into folders.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: RAFAELD00

"I'd tell ya...but then I'd have to kill ya!"

Sorry...carry on...

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Not to worry.
The Mafia does not chase people.

They find out where you will be and meet you there.

Now look at chew....

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
As CthruU said, these are common type dreams to have.

I went through something similar for about 3 yrs, reoccurring. I'd be with a friend or two near a large river, having beers at our truck after a night of fishing.

Next, some goon would show up and my buddies always got away, but I got caught. I would then be led by gunpoint to the river's base, made to sit on my knees and then get shot in the back of the head.

Weird part is that occasionally I'd survive for a bit as I floated downriver, unable to move.

The last few times I had this type of dream, I floated downriver after being shot but realized the round just grazed my skull. I played dead while looking at the stars until I landed on a distant riverbank and simply stood up and walked away.

Weird stuff, dreams.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Actually no I didn’t fall asleep in front of the TV. This dream has happened before and every time, im in my room. a reply to: St Udio

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
If it's not re-occurring or something similar, my understanding is the brain is trying to package up information and the dream is seeing some of this process and trying to put it together. Could be a bunch of "packets" like maybe watching a show involving a hitman, father having to dish out more money for something....blah blah. Normally if I have some crazy dream and think about it I can figure it out or, at least some of the "paperwork" the brain is putting into folders.

Ahh but the OP's first word was RECCURRING so unsure of your points relevance.
edit on 10-7-2019 by CthruU because: 1

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Sorry, don't know what to tell ya, I'm not much for reading dreams. I dreamed I got laid by a hot brunette last ni, hoping for same tonight, blonde would work too though.

new topics

top topics

join