It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens Debunked Documentary

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   
A good documentary pointing out the fallacies in some of the arguments advanced in support of the Ancient Astronaut Theory in the History Channel Series 'Ancient Aliens'.

Although it does not address every aspect of the Ancient Astronaut Theory, it does a good job of exposing some of its major inconsistencies.

I found the section on Out Of Place Artifacts to be the most informative.

Provides a good lens for objectively evaluating some of the popular claims made in support of the AAT.

edit on 6-7-2019 by Vhedza because: Video URL

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Here ya go.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:03 AM
link   
And I know it's true because I saw it on a YouTube video , right ?

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

You trusted Sitchin?

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

You trusted Sitchin?

Naw , he got the Sumerian text wrong

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Debunking is like willingly spitting into the wind and keeping your mouth open....its putrid....who cares how much he got right or wrong...he brought attention to the conspiracy truther movement....who cares if he interpreted everything bang-on....the Sumerian story is repeated over and over and THEY hijacked it themselves for goodness sakes....Sumer Shmumer….I am tired of hearing about the Sumerians as if they were some type of original peoples...they are just another Jenny on the Block….Flood Survivors like the rest of us all are.

There are multiple timelines and realities overlapping right now....many in fact….we have People from multiple timelines co-existing.....creating conflicting realities with other People …. its not normal for us to be in this position and its the reason for so much war and so many differences we cannot seem to work out.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Here ya go.

Thank you

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   

You trusted Sitchin?

I think Sitchin is important not because his argument is correct, but he gave people a new way of interpreting History that we should investigate in line with everything else as part of the quest for our origins.

I enjoyed the entire Earth Chronicles series, but you can see they were written by a Journalist and not a Historian but thats also part of its appeal.

He tells the story in a way a Journalist and not a Historian would, so its more compelling but not necessarily correct in all respects.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Vhedza

No.

He tells it in the way a con man would.

Graham Hancock is a journalist. Sitchin was not.

He literally made # up as he went and said that they used 1970s technology lol.

I've watched the entire AA debunked in 2012.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I trusted Zecharia Sitchin as 1 trust in percentages?

And Thorkild Jacobsen...

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Point taken, but to me the Sumerians are extremely important especially from the point of view of the evolution of Culture.

A lot of the debate focuses on Artifacts etc, but to me the Sumerian Civilization is remarkable for inventing the Cultural Template of Civilization.

Its very important, especially given its complexity which included Propaganda in the form of Epics like the Epic of Gilgamesh and massive Stone Buildings and figures all encoded with Celestial meanings that the Population was indoctrinated into.

The first system of Mass Social Control...Very significant, and its one of the main reasons I'm interested in the Anunnaki hypothesis because I find it remarkable how such a complex system of Social Control was brought where it didnt exist before...It points to a very high intelligence behind it all.

So to me, the Sumerian Culture is important because it provides some clues as to the intelligence of the Entity behind it all.

The intelligence was extremely high.
edit on 7-7-2019 by Vhedza because: spelling

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Lol...Point taken.

Hancock does present his arguments in the style of a Historian, but you could say thats more deceptive because he actually isnt one.

Sitchin tells it using the style of a Pop Journalist.

Once you read his arguments, its up to you to do further research on your own.

Sitchin is just another guy with his own point of view, I dont understand what all the denigration is based on when people are free to express their own views where they disagree with him.

He just presented his point of view.

edit on 7-7-2019 by Vhedza because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Is Ancient Aliens a fake show trying to compel the viewer to believe fantastical statements of fact, with unverifiable claims of the impossible?

Some disbelieving ancient alien viewers say...... A resounding yes.

*cut to view of high mountain scenery, with cgi ufo's transporting glowing stargates, with awe inspired Egyptians below looking up in wonder*

*cue Georgio, grinning into the camera, excited like a child about to open a rather large present*

"That's not my finest quote, since I never - Not Once - said it."

I still watch it but.. And I remember reading Chariots of the Gods as a kid and in some ways, that book set me off always looking to the stars, as much as the earth below...

The truth... is scripted out there..

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I think he is full of it like Klaus Donna but hey thats "muh opinion".

The AA is down right hilarious tbh.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The Anunnaki race of aliens that live on planet Nibiru created the blacks 6,000 years ago. Then Dr. Yakob genetically engineered whites as slaves but something went wrong and they got free and lived in Europe.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Could it be ancient astronaut theorists are just stating conjectures of about is possible? Ancient astronaut theorists say, "Yes!"

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Yes and why not?

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Never really been into that Yakub Nonsense myself...Here's a great Vid I found the other day on how ridiculous it is:

Yakub Story Questionable
edit on 7-7-2019 by Vhedza because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Lol...I just take it as any other Theory and look at the merits and de-merits as they are presented.

Its an ongoing discussion.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vhedza
a reply to: r0xor

Never really been into that Yakub Nonsense myself...Here's a great Vid I found the other day on how ridiculous it is:

Yakub Story Questionable

edit on 7/7/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join