It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some people have nerve!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Oh I agree!!

You can use my stuff if you show the respect that comes with it.

With 7 kids...06:00 Saturday morning I got people coming an going anyway so if I can enjoy my coffee and a smoke without having to put out fires I'm a happy camper....lol

Peace

edit on 6-7-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

When I was younger my friends and myself were playing kickball in the street. My friends little brother accidentally kicked it "out of bounds" into "that guy's" property.

He must have been watching out the window, fuming at us kids having fun the whole time..

Because as soon as the ball landed on his lawn,he was out his front door like the flash, scooped it up, and proclaimed

"It's on my property I own it"

Then started marching back into his house..

I quickly ran from 3rd base and stepped on to his property where I proclaimed

"Whats for dinner? I'm on your property I must be yours.."

He got bright red, threw the ball all the way across the road into "the cool one's" yard. And stormed into his house..

"the cool one" came out with a grin and tossed it back ...

Guess which ones house NEVER got toilet papered on mischief night....

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Their motivations be damned .

Like I said earlier . Being kind to people doesn’t come with conditions .

Forgive and forget or live with a chip on your shoulder .

One of those will make you smile. The other one will give you ulcers .

Take one day and go out of your way to be nice.

For example .

Hold the door for someone when you’re going in or out of a public building .

Let somebody with only an item or two go ahead of you at the supermarket .

Complement somebody.

Chat somebody up at a stoplight .

Crack a joke to a stranger when you’re in line .

Stop when you see somebody broke down on the side of the road and ask if they need some help .

If you see someone in uniform in a restaurant buy their lunch .

I guarantee you any one of those actions will put a smile on your face .

I give this piece of advice a lot in all situations .

“ you’re not doing it for them, you’re doing it for you “

Life is too short .

edit on 6-7-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Hold the door for someone when you’re going in or out of a public building .

I'm the guy holding the door for the next 10min. because I just can't get myself to releasing it in face of the next person coming...lol

Love Simon and Garfunkel....

Peace

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The most poignant theme in this thread is the fact that default reaction is offence and attack.

Citing excuses like “it’s the law not to trespass”, “most humans are disgraceful”, “I may get harmed or similar”.

This is a great example of how the negative society has impacted the human psyche and it’s a real good example of how modern society is f*****d, possibly selfish and lacking in compassion.

The real reason is simple. It’s easier for people to fight than investigate. One takes brain, the other brawn.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

The same one you guys smiled and waved at when he was out the yard.

It’s just a hunch but did he ever get into it with the other guy ?

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 4891morfih

Where i am from we would have offered her a cup of tea and biscuits or a glass of water

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Speaking as an old Southern Gentleman that remembers the old Southern ways
We don't meet strangers , we meet "new friends".
Yet , in this case , anyone would have taken offense.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Not only did we not tp his place, but we made sure others didn't for years.

Nope, never saw him argue with anyone,he was and always shall be "the cool one"..

Very passive type guy

Think Jeff bridges as " the dude"

Respectfully,
~meathead
edit on 6-7-2019 by Mike Stivic because: Clarity

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

I know what you mean stuff like that has become second nature to me . This is just a rounded figure but I’d say three-quarter of the people thank you or say hi.

That’s worth it .

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263
Man, in the apocalypse what that woman did was grounds for immediate termination. Heck, in some American jurisdictions, op coulda gotten away with shooting her as long as he puts a blade in her hand when nobody can see. Actually, a brick could suffice depending on the demographics involved

Also, since the old cabals of Rome still rule through the Vatican, I feel like Brittania will always be Brittania. Honestly with such nai e thinking it is no wonder London has become so violent, everyone is stuck accepting a victim mentality. The first assumption with a violation of liberty should always be malicious intent by the culprit.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Maybe she was a spirit sent to test your soul/spirit in order to report back to a higher spiritual realm for your classification status.

Oh oh.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

Where i am from we would have offered her a cup of tea and biscuits or a glass of water

Same, we have a hunch back gentleman who delivers our local rag (newspaper) rain,hail or splitting sunshine this bloke all hunched over pushes his modified stroller up and down the street.

First time i met him though it was a stinking hot day and unbeknownst to me he'd lost grip of his stroller and it had rolled down the street away from him. ( i live on a hill)

I just saw him standing out front of my house through the window then by the time i got outside he had taken a place with his hands in his head sitting behind my brick letterbox getting some shade sweating like noones business all hunched over.

I said - are you just getting some shade from the heat, he stood up where i saw the severity of his hunchback condition and explained to me about loosing his stroller down the street etc, i said oh i didn't know you was the paper guy and invited him in for a cold coke and a rest. While he chatted to the missus i snuck out and retrieved his stroller and papers.

I have never had a wet or ripped or rammed untidely into the mailbox ever since.

A little understanding and civility goes a very long way in a world that can barely can see past its own nose.
edit on 7-7-2019 by CthruU because: 1

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I consider it a big deal.

I live out in the sticks. I'm not very far from the blacktop, but it's a little country road that not that many people even know about. And I like my life out here: it's quiet, peaceful, serene... my wife gets all over me for not locking everything up; I keep telling her that we're the only ones here.

Occasionally, though, someone drives through with mischief on their mind. They're easy to spot. They slow down at houses, drive back and forth, and if they suddenly notice you, they speed up and drive away. So we keep a watch on the road. If someone stops in front of my house, I will walk down there and simply ask, "Can I help you?"

Sometimes they just stammer something about they didn't realize I lived here, and sometimes there's a reason. A couple of weeks ago, I walked down to the road to check on an old pickup that was just sitting 100 feet from my driveway. Turned out to be a neighbor from 1/2 mile away. His truck had broken down, so I helped him get it running again. I asked him to come in for a rest; he said no, he needed to get back; I said well be careful and come see us sometime; he said he would, and for us to come see him. All was well. He could have borrowed anything I own... tools, gas cans, heck, he had a trip to town to get parts if he needed it. All because he was respectful.

Now, had he walked up in my yard and grabbed my tool kit off my front porch (it was in the porch swing at the time), I would have likely shot him on sight. At best, I would have showed up with a shotgun in his direction and ordered him off my land if he ever wanted to leave. Of course, if he had knocked on the door and asked if he could use my tools, I would have been more than happy to say yes and help out.

Sitting at the end of my driveway is a friend's vehicle. He needed a safe place to park it; long story, but there's a lot of tools inside that SUV. I will not touch them. They are not mine. He called the other night and I mentioned I needed to find my old floor jack; he asked if his was in the SUV. My response was that I had no idea; that wasn't mine. Turns out it wasn't, even though he offered to let me use it if it was. Boundaries. Respect for others' property. I can likely use anything in that SUV, if I ask first. If I don't, he has every right to be upset.

I still remember a thread in the Survival Forum some years back. One person said they weren't worried about food if the SHTF because they would head for the country and just live off garden produce they would pick at night. I responded that they would be fertilizer before they had time to really get hungry with that attitude. I will fire without warning if I catch someone sneaking around my place at night (and I actually have in the past); walk up to my door and tell me you're hungry, and chances are good that you'll leave with a bag full of produce. In the former circumstance, that someone is a proven thief and may be armed; in the latter, they are someone showing respect but needing help.

It's all about boundaries. Without boundaries, we have nothing.

This woman walked onto your property, OP, apparently by hopping a fence, and just started using your property without even announcing she was there. There would have been a gun involved here; as stated, she could have been armed, she could have been mentally unstable, she could have been any number of undesirable things. She was a trespasser. She had no respect for your property. At that moment, in her mind, it wasn't yours; it was hers. That's wrong, and it will eventually get her hurt. She needs mental help, but it wasn't your place to give it.

We're not talking about someone collapsing on the sidewalk, or having medical issues... things like that are understandable, and people should be ready and willing to help out when that happens. I am. If I see someone standing outside a broken-down vehicle, I stop and ask if they need help. Strangely, that once was met with at least a smile and polite "Thank you, but I have help coming." Today, at least half the time, people act like they just met Charles Manson's evil twin. Strange...

People just aren't raised with the idea of private property any more. Want does not grant the right of temporary ownership. Ownership is established by law, not by possession, and there is nothing wrong, or sinful, or shameful, or inhumane about protecting your private property. It might have been just a chair, but it sounds like it was a heavy chair and that to me indicates a good chair, that you likely placed where you wanted it. So what would have been next? Help herself to what's in your refrigerator? Use your bathroom? Why not just walk inside and take a nap in your bed? Roll over, buddy; I'm tired.

No, you did right, OP, and you're right to be upset.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

This is a great example of how the negative society has impacted the human psyche and it’s a real good example of how modern society is f*****d, possibly selfish and lacking in compassion.

And you think her actions were exceptable?

# Trespassing.

# Rearranging someone else's property without permission.

# Making oneself comfortable uninvited.

# The lack of any basic manners.

From the OP.......

I opened my patio door to see some lady lounging in my chair. She had moved the chair to a shaded area, that was the noise I had heard. She had her feet propped on another chair and was reading a magazine.
I was like who the hell are you and what do you think you're doing?!? and this woman just smiles and tells me she was walking and got hot. She needed to rest and saw my patio didn't think I would mind if she rested for a little bit.

She was hot and needed to rest? At a push she could have sat on the wall.

A waist high wall as has been said takes a bit more than just swinging ones

legs over. Then how bad mannered to rearrange another persons property

with out their permission....... AND prop up your feet on another piece of

furniture?

I personally would never prop up my feet in anyone else's home even

with permission it is imo the height of bad manners

But hey!!! in this new pc. world good manners have taken a hammering.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Man, in the apocalypse what that woman did was grounds for immediate termination. Heck, in some American jurisdictions, op coulda gotten away with shooting her as long as he puts a blade in her hand when nobody can see. Actually, a brick could suffice depending on the demographics involved

Also, since the old cabals of Rome still rule through the Vatican, I feel like Brittania will always be Brittania. Honestly with such nai e thinking it is no wonder London has become so violent, everyone is stuck accepting a victim mentality. The first assumption with a violation of liberty should always be malicious intent by the culprit.

There are very few British, even less English, in London... that is why it is a hell hole. Another misinformed opinion.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia
No neither would I.

And yes, I’d protect my property and family with force if there was a threat.

But this situation could have been different. It wasn’t serious. Or threatening.

PERSPECTIVE.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
No neither would I.

And yes, I’d protect my property and family with force if there was a threat.
But this situation could have been different. It wasn’t serious. Or threatening.

PERSPECTIVE.

TRUE....... and yet because of personal life's experiences every one's perspective

WILL be different?

Threatening? She could have been a sociopath escaped from an institution, a knife

in her bag smiling at the OP ....... It happens.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Totally could have. I’d have worked out if she ‘could’ have from my first question.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

That's is the point! Your capital has been overrun by foreigners that week to destroy western liberty because everyone was like " oh let's not rush to judgement, let's just see how we can help?"

Shoot first, questions later.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join