It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some people have nerve!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
a reply to: incoserv
And it is because of your sweeping negative assumption of humankind that society is dismal.
Give a little. You may get a lot back.

Assumptions on my part are far from negative ...... sometime ago strangers

entered my home while I was asleep, they didn't wait to be *given a little* they

*took a lot*

edit on 6-7-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: 4891morfih

I'm needing a better picture...

Did she enter a secluded space... like a backyard surrounded by a fence with a gate to enter? Or was this right off the street? Or maybe not right off the street, but in your front yard/front porch?

Still pretty cheeky to rearrange furniture, unless she had a health condition requiring it or something -- though I don't know what that'd be. Even then, I would expect an apology and explanation.

I do sympathize though. I was having trouble with a woman this spring who was letting her dog traipse through my garden. Completely trampled some seedlings I'd purchased online and paid a pretty penny for. When I said, "Excuse me, really? Don't let your dog trample my garden." She told me -- told me -- that it was no big deal and he was just peeing on weeds. Grrrrrr!!! After the third time, I called the police and they told me I could make a report for criminal trespassing and willful destruction of property. So I did. I don't know if anything came of it. But I do know that since then, if she comes by my house, she's across the road.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4891morfih

originally posted by: eletheia

I opened my patio door to see some lady lounging in my chair. She had moved the chair to a shaded area, that was the noise I had heard. She had her feet propped on another chair and was reading a magazine.

I was like who the hell are you and what do you think you're doing?!? My dog is barking and this woman just smiles and tells me she was walking and got hot. She needed to rest and saw my patio didn't think I would mind if she rested for a little bit.

I am intrigued do you not lock the entry into your patio?

The gate to my back garden and patio is locked at night and when I go out.

I don't have a gate. It's enclosed but the wall is about waist high. She just hopped the wall.

If she was able to hop a waist-high wall, then she probably wasn't on the verge of collapsing from ill health, heat or exhaustion.

You, likely, handled the situation in the best way.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I don't have a gate. It's enclosed but the wall is about waist high. She just hopped the wall.

She obviously wasn't that tired then?

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
This is how Nature Films start

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
You’re free to have your opinions and behaviours. What you project reflects what you are inside. It’s not about eliminating world problems. Good luck for the future.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia
I’m sorry for your experience and can understand why you would have been psychologically effected to lean towards negative presumptions.

However this is completely different to your situation, it’s a lady taking a rest in someone’s yard.

Humans are indeed #s on the whole but that shouldn’t mean we should exacerbate things by also being #s to others. Not that I am perfect of course, far from it. It’s just that in this occasion, the outcome could have been positive. Who knows.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I wonder what she could have been doing, before 6 in the morning, that made her so tired?

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263
In a civilized society, the presumptuous nature of trespass and criminal mischief is treated as such. People who frequently become victims may try to accommodate such an individual.

I feel like maybe your British??
edit on 7-6-2019 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

link   
Oops! First of double posts.
edit on 2019 7 06 by incoserv because: double post, see the following...

link   

You’re free to have your opinions and behaviours. What you project reflects what you are inside. It’s not about eliminating world problems. Good luck for the future.

I shall continue forward with my opinions and behaviours; acknowledging that many people do not comprehend the concept of reasonable boundaries in civil society, recognizing and respecting boundaries around me, expecting others to do the same, and clearly marking reasonable boundaries for those that don't.

You keep on always thinking happy thoughts about everyone always being nice and trustworthy and allow anyone who wants to transgress your boundaries as they want. Hope it works out, though I have my doubts.
:
edit on 2019 7 06 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: and14263
In a civilized society, the presumptuous nature of trespass and criminal mischief is treated as such. People who frequently become victims may try to accommodate such an individual.

I feel like maybe your British??

Kudos for the racial stereotype.

Like I say, negativity breeds negativity.

I prefer Englishman, as I’m sure would the Scottish, Welsh and Irish.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
As stated above, humans are indeed #s.

But I look at this incident for what it is, some woman in someone else’s yard. Nothing more nothing less. I’m sure I could identify a more serious situation and would indeed react accordingly.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Where was her act of common courtesy?

I would have been a lot less annoyed by her if she had had the common decency to knock on my door and ask if it was OK to use my patio for a break and then not arrange my patio while she was at it.

Generally, it's polite to ask if you're wanting to use someone else's property, and if you want to do it early enough that you're afraid you might wake them, then you look for some place where there are signs of life.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

As stated above, humans are indeed #s.

But I look at this incident for what it is, some woman in someone else’s yard. Nothing more nothing less. I’m sure I could identify a more serious situation and would indeed react accordingly.

It remains a symptom of a much broader social problem. I'm not saying that OP should have shot her, or even called the police, but what the previous replier (ketsuko?) said is correct: if she was really in need of an immediate place to rest, she could/should have knocked on the door and asked permission.
edit on 2019 7 06 by incoserv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Yes you’re right, she should have.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Maybe she thought it was a courtesy not to knock in the morning ? Lol

Being kind to people doesn’t come with conditions.

Just being neighborly is a fine practice.

There’s two types of people .

The guy who screams when a kid’s football lands in his yard .

Or the guy who gets up off his lounge chair picks it up and says go long !!!

edit on 6-7-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I like quirky people...if somebody was sitting in my backyard at 06:00 in the morning I'd probably pull up a chair and make conversation.

Although I completely respect your reaction.

Normal it is not.

Thanks for the funny story....S+F

Peace
edit on 6-7-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: ketsuko

There’s two types of people .

There are two other types of people...

One who says, This is someone else's home and private property and I should respect that as I recognize and respect other boundaries in my social and cultural context.

And the other who's says, I'm special and the world owes me, I do what I want where I want and to hell with everyone else.

Funny thing is that most of the time the second kind of person gets really upset when the same kind of person randomly pitches up in his or her yard at 6:00am or begins to transgress other boundaries that he or she considers important.
:
edit on 2019 7 06 by incoserv because: typo.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

I like quirky people...if somebody was sitting in my backyard at 06:00 in the morning I'd probably pull up a chair and make conversation.

You know, if the person in question came across as really fatigued and in need of a place of rest and was evidently somewhat abashed at having been caught out, I could see myself doing that, as well.

If, however, they evinced an arrogant attitude, as thought I owed them a place to sit, I could equally see myself excusing myself, walking back into the house and dialing 911 to report a trespasser.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join