It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 1st and the 2nd dimension aren’t real.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The 1st and second dimension actually don’t exist, when doing mathematics it is easy for us to get lost in equations that have no basis in reality Numbers, decimals and mathematics itself can go on and in and on things like the golden ratio are only correct to certain a certain extent, A certain decimal place. Our reality the one we exist in is like what you see when you close your eyes it’s like a channel of static, It has endless depth and no real definition but our brains are programmed to create order from this chaos.

If we are to define the dimension of a space as the minimum number of coordinates needed to specify a point within it then there are only illusions of dimensions so that our brain can make sense of this reality If you were to draw a 3D cube on a sheet of graphing paper you’ve created a basic illusion of what we experience in our reality using only X and Y coordinates, If you watched a movie you saw a 3 dimensional projection onto a X and Y plane the light on a screen only shows us the illusion of depth like ascii art.

The 3d intricacies of our universe are coming from things like Awareness, computer code, DNA information, vibrations, energy, frequencies constructs which are beyond our capacity to truly understand

And there are paranormal beings that exist in our current version of reality not in heaven or hell or in outer space aliens, spirits, Orbs, Angels, light entities people will always fear what they do not understand, But these are like different stations on a radio, different channels on a tv, different webpages on an internet browser, different pages in a book.

People believe gods are born and have clothes and voices like ours, If horse had hands they would probably paint horse-like images of god with their little horse hands and eagles eagle-like images.

How is it possible that in the beginning There was nothing If this 3 dimensional reality could never exist without anything relative to compare it to, to measure the distance of something to and from, The second dimension and motion itself does not exist until you compare it to a separate object. A shooting star could not be going in a direction if no one is comparing its relative motion to their position in space

How is it that a line is described as one dimensional, A line has width, it has height and so does a square. The only place that it doesn’t is in equations which are not reality. A sheet of notebook paper is not 2 dimensional. A string is not one dimensional. Everything is composed of atoms which are not 1 dimensional and was once thought indivisible, until it was split to reveal protons, neutrons and electrons, Then these were thought to be fundamental particles, but these are made of quarks, all existing in the same one dimension but on different frequencies in the same reality.
edit on 3-7-2019 by sselemaN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: sselemaN

Length and Height exist.

Lines and shapes exist.

Might all just be frequency and vibration, but for all intent and purpose, there are 4 dimensions we know about and another 7 that we cannot perceive.

Existence is apparently a very 11-dimensional beast.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   

All spatiotemporal dimensions are the same and are quite 'real'. They are directions in which to measure distances.

Some people try and imagine that the dimensions are alternate realities or alternate worlds but each dimension has no 'thickness' of itself, it is purely linear. They are not alternate 'worlds' but are abstract ways of mapping reality.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I've talked to them.

So they are in fact real.

Granted, they are kind of dicks about it, but still, can't deny they exist.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Some people think parallel lines exist in reality. Language is a representation of reality. Reality is always much more than anything we represent with language.

For example:

There is no such thing as time

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 12:47 AM
link   
The first dimension is represented by a line because in this was the concept of coordinates can be used, to picture the higher dimensions.

But the First Dimension should be understood as either Everything (1) or Nothing (0).

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   
But but Kaluza's ant on a tiderope?

Peace
edit on 4-7-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 01:29 AM
link   
You're right OP. There's only flesh and blood and ignorance.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Even a mental construct has a reality of sorts, but nothing exists as one or two dimensions without the rest. A real object must have length, width, depth and duration. I agree that people constantly confuse the dimension coordinate system as separate realities that stand alone. It would be more accurate to claim that there are alternate realities, but these are outside observable reality and therefore don't exist.
edit on 4-7-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

What about the mathematics that underpins the whole shebang, what about the constants Phi, Pi, and G?

Our Flesh and blood follow the same "Golden" rule as the rest of the cosmos, from the mollusk shells to spiral galaxies.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Im densely stupid, so bear with the reality of it immense weight, that stars would revolve round it.

Always thought one dimension as being just a dot, and the second being a line connecting two dots. Where as the main trait of a third is depth or in most cases width I guess.

Always thought of four being motion or time, where it combo of the other three, while seeing five might as well be predestination...like. And that they constantly back feed or interact with each other.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

What about the mathematics that underpins the whole shebang, what about the constants Phi, Pi, and G?

Our Flesh and blood follow the same "Golden" rule as the rest of the cosmos, from the mollusk shells to spiral galaxies.
The golden ratio doesn’t come out to 1.6180. It comes out to 1.6180339887… And the decimal points go on forever.

It is impossible for anything in the real-world to fall into the golden ratio, because it’s an irrational number, You can get closer, But the golden ratio is like pi. it’s just as impossible to find a perfect circle in the real world these things only exist in equations..

The golden ratio cannot strictly be applied to any real world object. It’s always going to be a little off Mathematics is properties and functions of things that already exist it cannot explain origins, Awareness, Energy, Vibrations, emotions, Gravity, Astral projection, Dreams etc..
edit on 4-7-2019 by sselemaN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Hmmm we see in 2d. The depth that we all think we can see is merely a trick that our brains have learned. The brain takes 2 images and estimates depth.

But in reality that means everything we see is 2 dimensional so we live in a 2 d prison.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   

"Mathematics is properties and functions of things that already exist it cannot explain origins, Awareness, Energy, Vibrations, emotions, Gravity, Astral projection, Dreams etc"

Neither can philosophy.

Religion will give it a go, if you like being spoon fed lies.

Math has a lot of special numbers, but none capture the imagination quite like the golden proportion.

From the Pyramids to vegetables, from Renaissance art to mollusk shells, the number is seen time and time again. And it's thought to be extremely common in nature, far as im aware, the objects in our world are real.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Speaking to myself: I see, i have replied, once, to a post with "dimensions" as an answer. Maybe it is because of this, why my thoughts are coming back to think (more) about the dimensions ?

Anyway, i have had a thought or two about the dimensions. And well i would like to correct my previous post.
I would like to share the result, if anyone is interested in it.

A bit of imagination is needed, to understand it mathematically.

The 3rd dimension, the dimension of objects - you can define as having 6 sides. Just like a box.
Top, bottom, left, right, front and back.

The 2nd dimension, is what you see on a paper or a tv/monitor screen has 4 sides. Top,bottom, left and right.

To explain the 1st dimension, i'm using the sides again: To have a side - the minimum amount of sides needs to be 2.

There is a reality beyond the 1st dimension, and that can be either 1 or 0 (as stated in my previous post).
But: 1 here means everything and 0 means really nothing.

The 3 dimensional world is therefore a matrix, which needs 6 sides to be constructed.
Each dimension is built on top of the previous.
You can access the 1st dimension only with your thoughts, if you know how. It is in this dimension where the mirror is.

Below the 1st dimension is where God is, and it is there, where your eternal soul is.

You can change the 3rd dimensional world from the 1st dimension and that will prove (at least for your self - only) that it exists.

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Dimensions are a geometric aspect of a space/object.

They are represented as x/y/z or i/j/k in mathematics to explain length/height/width. And would be easier to understand if the real dimensions l/h/w were used instead of x/y/z etc in my opinion.

We live in 3d in a 4d universe. I think on a 2d surface?

Thinking about dimensions beyond the three we experience is difficult.

A more simple way to understand the four dimensions would be to imagine you are at the center position inside a cube/box. Where we can all agree it has three dimensions l/h/w. This is true when viewed as a six sided space/object. However, there are four more dimensions to the cube/box. They are diagonals and run from corner to corner. But, now there are seven dimensions.

It gets worse.

There are 10 dimensions in the Poincare Group 3+3+(3+1). Which is the system i agree with.

Having explained the (3+1) as four diagonal dimensions. The 3+3 are two sets of l/h/w. A fixed set and a rotational set. Where rotation/spin is a widely accepted aspect of particle physics etc. This must be true as, without a fixed set. You could not recognise rotation.

Other theories can have more than 10 dimensions. But, i can only agree with the ones i have tried to explain.

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 06:55 PM
link   

If you imagine a number line zero as in the center(centre) then there is ten directions from that zero infinite in all directions... if you imagine the breath as the same thing then notice the point in which it turns over it is sort of the same thing as a tangent in an infinite cycle or circle if you want you can keep resting in that turn around many say it is best noticed as occurring about four finger breadths beneath the navel... the problem is; focusing on it? On wants to start to control it instead of just being aware of it moving in down around and back out over and over again... what arises from such awareness is expanding the entire distance or range of that 10 dimensional or all pervasive "space".

There is a representation of such a thing that many refer to as "The flower of life" or simply the source... the inner light is what nourishes it as there really is nothing external being inside that circle what is perceived as outside is just too engrossed with various noises and contact giving shape to things as "real" but such is both deluded and not deluded simultaneously.

It might be best to thing of the 10 directions no different than a programming language one rarely sees and just "uses" the end or final product... many people are happy with that but whine and complain instead of just accept it as it is or just shut up and go inside it leaving others alone and change it to how they personally want it as no one really wants some delusional idiot messing with their source code or bothering them with how to fix or change it.

The center never really moves in computer coding of on and off or ones and zeros there is really no "one" existing and I'll just leave it at that.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Several people here are confusing the sensible world with the intelligible world. In ancient Greece they made a distinction between those two worlds. The former is the material world, the one we perceive through the senses, the latter is the mind, the world of ideas.

The point, the line and the plane are ideal mathematical entities belonging to the intelligible world, not "real" things. A dot placed with a piece of chalk on a blackboard is not a mathematical point, a line drawn on the sand is not the mathematical line, a rectangular piece of paper is not the mathematical plane.

For mathematicians, the point is location without magnitude, the line is length without width, the plane is length and width without depth. They're impossible objects in real life.

It's the same mistake that made Zeno come up with paradoxes that supposedly proved that movement was impossible, since a person or an object thrown had to travel forward by crossing an infinite amount of segments of space. He was unable to understand that only in the mind does one divide space infinitely. In real life, space is not thus divided, but CONTINUOUS, so that his paradoxes were nonexistent.

That's the simple, easy, philosophical explanation that shows where he made a mistake, which we now consider to be silly.

Anyone will find the mathematical explanation by going over his high school physics textbook. It will be found on the chapter about the description of movement, in the passage that describes instantaneous velocity. It's quite simple, but if anyone needs the full description I'll include it here.
edit on 28-2-2022 by quodlibet because: mistaken wording of a phrase

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Well, we can't so quickly define what is real and what isn't, what exists and what doesn't.

--
"Because the wind tossed the temple flag, there were two monks debating what was correct.
One said, “The flag moves.” One said, “The wind moves.” Going back and forth repeatedly, they did not agree in principle.

The Ancestor said, "The wind is not moving, the flag is not moving, your minds are moving.""
--

(I paraphrased it a little for clarity)

Just because something only exists in imagination, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It still exists. Just because something is not materialistic, physical and concretical, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Your thoughts exist, right? Your writings here exist.

Math exists, numbers exist. We can of course take the viewpoint that they don't exist, but what good would that do, when we're using computers (and such) to write these posts, all of which require that math not only exists, but is constantly used to generate the pixels, the network packets, the electrical signals, the ones and zeroes, and on and on... just to make these posts exist!

If the third dimension is to be 'real', we would HAVE to see the first and second dimensions as real as well.

I think the confusion comes from the word 'dimension' meaning so many things. When talking about reality, we CAN of course refer to this as the 'third dimension', and then start talking about other dimensions and planes of existence, but I think it's wrong.

First, second and third (you don't have to write them as '1st, 2nd and 3rd', because that's not only cumbersome to read, theyre small numbers, and it's proper to use words for those unless necessary to do otherwise) dimensions can be said to be purely MATHEMATICAL.

With mathematical proof, they definitely exist.

However, what human beings can experience, is a very different kind of 'dimensional reality' from the mathematical model. Therefore, it's sort-of true, that the first two dimensions, being only MATHEMATICAL dimensions, aren't really real REALITY dimensions at all, but just basically 'abstract concepts' - abstractions exist, but they don't have the same weight of 'true existence' as more 'real' things.

This means, fourth dimension is mathematically VERY different from the 'travelable dimension' that we can experience as a human being. Our 'higher dimension' is not some weird, warped MATH-fourth-dimension, but more experiencable 'higher realm of existence', where atoms have expanded (even the atom core), so that things are looser, faster, and more free and less heavy.

Everything also moves faster, naturally.

We could make the difference easier by talking about 'dimensions' when it comes to math, and talking about 'vibration frequencies' when it comes to 'reality', but then the deniers would flock to ask "WHAT VIBRATES!!11", without realizing that even according to quantum mechanics, 'probability' is what everything consists of! To be more accurate, they talk about 'probability WAVES'. What is 'wave', other than vibration?

'Vibration' may be a bit less accurate or more archaic term, so perhaps they attack this way of talking because of that, but basically the people with understanding of frequency-layered reality and the ability to shift between those frequencies, are just using a different term when talking about the same, exact thing; 'wave' and 'vibration'.

Now, as everything in existence consists of living Creator-spirit, it's understandable that a nihilist 'science' is stumped, when it comes to trying to understand or explain the really, REALLY weird quantum physics phenomena, like 'knowledge of future' that a particle can have, teleportation and other interesting stuff. But if you realize you're basically looking at the 'building blocks of the Universe', that are 'pure SPIRIT', you can realize why it seems so weird. You have to look at the Universe as a WHOLE, including more than just one frequency (or dimension), to understand the phenomena.

It's like, there is a causal-mental-astral-etheric blueprint of everything that exists on the physical plane; sometimes it doesn't even exist fully in the physical form, but is already fully formed on higher levels - think of a tree, for example.

Earth 'science' tries to look at spirit through the lens of materialism; of course they're going to get confused. They're like an ant climbing up a tree; at first, everything seems great and logical, the ant is even able to pick some fruits of its successful journey upwards. But soon, without the ant realizing it, it leaves the trunk and starts walking on a branch. Suddenly the basic laws that seemed so solid, are wavering, the previously solid trunk is now full of crossroads that spring in every which direction, and the ant gets confused, and eventually concludes that all physical laws are just probabilities and it's all just statistics and whatnot.

The ant would understand everything perfectly, if it backed up and walked back to the trunk, and then continued upwards from there. From the elevated perspective, it could look at the branch that previously confused it, and understand it as a 'branch', and everything would become clear.

In any case, I hope this post clarified something.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join