It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portland Antifa event shows masked thugs with crowbars. So wheres the FBI?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Grambler

That is what will lead to more attacks all over the country based in political ideology

And frankly I have to wonder if that might not be a good thing! Are you still running for Congress? Because if you are, I'd suggest you have a MAJOR problem if you win! And you probably are not aware of what that problem is!

My special election is over

I assume the problem you refer to is mass anger at politicians

I will not let fear of thugs stop me from trying to reign in the stupidity of our government

But I won’t be running again until 2022

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

But just antifa not the proud boys? Because they got better pr? You guys are so biased it's funny.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Heather heyer was with one of the two groups engaged in mutual combat

You have some evidence of this? Any at all? Because it now seems that in an effort to prop up this bizarre false equivalence, you're now implying that *anyone* who shows up at *any* event where there there are *any* people engaged in mutual violence, is part of one of the groups.

You went to the other extreme in regards to Charlottesville previously, when you were trying to explain how Trump was completely correct that there were some significant number of "very fine people" who were attendees of a blatantly white nationalist rally.

She may well have been photographed with a weapon, I didn’t look because to me I wasn’t interested in victim shaming

I mean, in a roundabout way you kinda are. You keep trying to compare Heather Heyer to violent thugs like the guy with the baton that this thread is about and people like Andy Ngo who profit from giving aide and cover to violent right-wing thugs.

You don’t like Ngo because he puts Antifa

You call that doxxing

So I guess you doxxing members of the proud boys by outing them and focusing more on their violence means you are a bad actor as well, and if you are beaten we should all bring that up and claim you faked your injuries

Funny you should say that. I once posted an excerpt of a news article which happened to have the name of a firefighter who was canned for some racist # and my thread was trashbinned for what amounted to doxxing.

Anyway, back on topic. Once again, you're choosing to ignore relevant context and detail to push a false equivalence. I haven't doxxed any members of the Proud Boys. I have used the names of Proud Boys but nothing that isn't public knowledge, published in multiple news reports already.

So this accusation is inaccurate from the jump. Additionally, I'm not a booster shilling for far-left thugs. I'm not claiming to be any sort of journalist. I'm not profiting from anything I post. And I don't post names of people while misrepresenting facts to stoke outrage against them.

Funny that you imply that I, unlike you, victim shame. Not only do I completely reject that insinuation, I would say that it's exactly what Andy Ngo was doing when immediately after witnessing that chick get knocked out with a steel baton, he tweeted out her name to his fellow pro right-wing thug followers and said that she was responsible for some equipment "sabotage" — as though that justified her getting hit in the head/beck with a baton.

Ngo is taking no more of a side than cnn, msnbc, huffington post, Washington post, New York Times, etc

If any reporters from those groups are beaten at a trump rally, or covering the proud boys, will you say well they are bad actors

Hard to find it exactly comparable but if a reporter from any outlet is intentionally disinforming people, then they are a bad actor whether or not anyone assaults them. The fact that they were assaulted wouldn't change that, would it?

I know, let's see what Andy Ngo has said about what he views as skewed coverage from others:

And his boss @ Quillette had even more to say about it yesterday.

The hypocrisy of these people is astounding.

You claim he doxxed people because he named a masked Antifa memeber swinging a club.

No, I didn't. The person whose name he tweeted was not a masked Antifa member swinging a club, it was the Antifa chick that got hit in the face and then clubbed with a steel baton in the back of the head/neck. Basically the opposite of what you just claimed.

Yet you name proudboys fighting, so clearly you are a bad actor doxxing people spreading disinformation the n Portland

See above.

Your victim shaming your s pathetic, as it was with the Covington kids

Oh sweet baby virtue signaling Jesus. Again with the Covington kids? Do we have to go back to those threads to rehash the details because you know there's literally no way I can reasonably respond to this without doing so?

It’s a shame to see someone I respect become a radical that makes excuses for masked thugs and adult racists attacking kids

How am I becoming a radical? I don't agree with any of this # and I've made absolutely no bones about it. Where have you seen me say anything positive about Antifa, ever?

As for the "adult racists attacking kids" — I don't need to refresh my memory of those threads/posts to know that this is also not accurate. You're talking about the Black Hebrew Israelites nuts right?

I made absolutely no excuses for them. I guess I'm gonna have to dig up posts since you're bent on this.

here's what I said about everyone involved

I've looked at enough video to know now that basically everyone involved was behaving badly: the 4-5 fanatics were clearly shouting racist, homophobic and otherwise insulting/demeaning things. The kids were poorly chaperoned and running amok — and imagine if these were mostly black teen boys bused in for a #BlackLivesMatter rally in a school-sponsored event, wearing a bunch of political gear? And finally, there's Nathan Phillips who shouldn't have inserted himself in the situation, who is apparently an apologist for the fanatics even though they were attacking other Native Americans in the whole run up to this event and whom you've devoted an OP to attacking.

Absolutely nobody should be harassing these minor children online (but then again, nobody should have been harassing Hogg et al but there's a fair number of threads on ATS dedicated to just that) and death threats are obviously always 100% wrong. But there are no heroes here and as far as I can tell, at least as far as the incidents on that day go, no real victims — just a bunch of people being assholes.

"making excuses for racist adults"

That's what this is? "the 4-5 fanatics were clearly shouting racist, homophobic and otherwise insulting/demeaning things"

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

A.N.Y.B.O.D.Y.

In this case the video shows ANTIFA beating up Ngo. But if it were the Proud Boys, same applies.

Good?

Regardless, the issue is the responsibility or lack thereof of the civic leaders. Any thoughts on what they should do other than throw their hands up in the air?
edit on PM8632PMRCDT2019 by ABNARTY because: sp

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Antifa is there to protect the country from white supremacists and christian nationalists.

Correct but it seems that they [Antifa] can physically crack skulls whereas white supremacists and christian nationalists have to play it by the book. So why is that?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: hangedman13

Well for starters if the groups in question are injuring people they lose their right to protest.

The right wingers killed someone Antifa not. Should they be completely forbidden to rally anywhere? Which is actually a good idea because all of this would end and antifa would be obsolete.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

That's a false impression because the right is a bunch of whining pussies while very few of the antifa would hold they're bruised faces in a camera to cry.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

It happened

My advice would be arm antifa and let them take care of the white trash. Problem solved
edit on 2-7-2019 by Peeple because: add

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I’ll do Covington separately

On heather heyer:

No I don’t think that the fact she was there prices she was in a bad group

That’s the claim you are making in Portland. You said everyone is larping and on one side or the other

That’s absurd. You have no proof of that claim. We have footage of three people being beaten by Antifa, Ngo the old man, and a bearded guy helping the old man

Ngo is a non combatant, you assert the old man is based in a photo of him with a weapon, and I’ve yet to see proof the bearded guy was

Yet you just know anyone there was a larper who doesn’t deserve sympathy

The point is if that’s true it’s true every time Antifa and right wing violent groups clash. You say no, it only applies to right wing people that were beat

As far as you doxxing

So the difference is Ngo doxxed someone with a mask, and that’s bad. But you did people without masks

Hahahaha!

Yep makes sense! We should respect the masked thugs privacy! Outing them is horrible and a danger to the masked thugs!

But you outing the unmasked thugs is noble and good. What a hypocrite!

As far as Ngo being a bad reporter

That’s your opinion. Ngo reporter in violent thugs and released the names of some of them. He was right, they were violent and beat him

We know you desperately want to change the story from Antifa beats journalist to Antifa is bad but so is Ngo and the proud boys

It’s pathetic victim shaming that should be beneath you

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

"Portland Antifa event shows masked thugs with crowbars. So wheres the FBI?"

They are probably in an office somewhere guiding them.
edit on 2-7-2019 by TheGreatWork because: (no reason given)

link   

you know nothing about "antifa" do you?

like where they are from?

how they came about?

How many they killed?

Careful, you may get information about the origins of antifa you will not like.

link   

On Covington

Yes you knew racist adults harassed these kids, the media smeared them, the kids hit doxxed and received death threats

At that point, you decided to continue to say the kids acted poorly (which you seem to even imply yesterday) and then start posting 8 second clips of some kids yelling maga that you have no context at all for implying this showed the Covington kids had it coming or were bad or something

What kind of victim attacking person do you have to be to try to smear kids that are being smeared by death threats by posting a video that you have no proof was their group in an attempt to smear them?

It’s relevant because it shows a pattern of you parroting msm lines and going after victims that happen to be targeted by the left

It’s unbelievably shameful

I would love to go with very your stance on Covington and your stance against Ngo as well

But it looks disgraceful

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

That's a false impression because the right is a bunch of whining pussies while very few of the antifa would hold they're bruised faces in a camera to cry.

Comment of the day

Oh you tolerant victim shaming leftists!

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

They started fighting Nazis they were right back then they still are. All racists, homophobes, hate people, islamists, fundamentalists, ... are the same and need to die out before we can build a society worth living in.
Violence is the only language they understand.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Yeah right they're all victims.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Wow.

Ummm don’t hold back next time and tell us how you really feel.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

yes, in 1917 and they killed some 5000 people that were innocent civilians.

they caused the rise of Hitler, that is how effective they were.

much like today.

ETA: they killed more innocents than the brownshirts of the Nazi's, imagine that
edit on 2-7-2019 by thedigirati because: Antifa bites animal testies

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

So you're saying it's ok to beat someone in the head with a crowbar, which could kill them? I guess it's ok to shoot someone in the face with a weatherby according to your logic? Should we all remember that the next time we see antifa fascisti creating BS and trouble?

Cheers - Dave

No, of course not. I've never said anything even remotely like that. If the guy who hit him with the cane (pretty sure that's what it was) was in turn hit with a baton, would you be up in arms about what a victim the guy who hit this guy was?

Of course not, because he was out there with a weapon and beating on people himself.

And if you made that point about how the guy who hit the guy was himself hit and how he's no victim because he was hitting people with things himself, do you think I would jump in to say, "So you're saying it's ok to beat someone in the head with a crowbar?"

I wouldn't, because that would be asinine.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

Are you rewriting history to fit your personal narrative or are you that clueless about what the Russian revolution was about?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

nope, you said to fight Nazi's that is not true, no Nazi's in 1917 were there?

maybe you should recheck your source, what Nazi's were there in 1917?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join