It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portland Antifa event shows masked thugs with crowbars. So wheres the FBI?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

The other possibility is the old man felt strong enough about something he went thee knowing Antifa's habit of attacking people who have a different viewpoint so he brought a baton to protect himself.

Till more information is out there my wild arsed guess has just as much validity as yours... cause that's all your statement is a wild arsed guess.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Let's assume this is 100% the case. These losers gather just to beat each other up and the press spins it however they want. I don't doubt you are probably right.

If I was a resident of Portland or paid government salaries in Oregon, I couldn't care less. I would not give a hoot what the press says.

I expect law and order. Period. If folks want to exercise their 1A rights, have at it. But, the 1A does not include anything about crowbars and cement milkshakes.

The response from the local officials is what bothers me. What happens when someone gets killed? We all know it's coming. Who will they blame then when all they did was enable this garbage?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

So you're saying it's ok to beat someone in the head with a crowbar, which could kill them? I guess it's ok to shoot someone in the face with a weatherby according to your logic? Should we all remember that the next time we see antifa fascisti creating BS and trouble?

Cheers - Dave

Not to speak for him, but I think he is saying if this guy was hitting people, then he was hit back

Now the only proof I have seen that this guy was acting bad was pics of him with a weapon and screaming at Antifa

That doesn’t mean he was a combatant though

The other argument seems to be both Antifa and the other side are looking for a fight so the guy should have expected to be beaten with potential lethal force

But that argument is terrible as well, which is why I bring up Heather Heyer who was with one of the two combative sides in Charlottesville

The white nationalist downplaying her attack made the exact same argument: she was there, she was a bad actor, she knew there would be violence and an expectation of lethal force

I chose not to victim shame people until we have proof they used violence

Apparently some people feel it’s ok to do that, BUT only to the side they dislike

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

Someone already has gotten killed

In Charlottesville two sides showed up to do combat

The police according to the aclu and others forced these two sides into proximity all but assuring a conflict

Someone did use lethal force as we see here in Portland, only this time someone died

Now ask yourself, did all of these left wing main stream people (or on ats) excusing the violence against Ngo or saying he was a bad actor say that about the girl who died in Charlottesville?

Of course not

The next time when someone dies, if it’s a person on the left the media and others will scream about how horrible right wing violence is and blame Republicans and trump

If it’s someone on the right they will say that’s too bad but that person was also a bad actor and this doesn’t represent the left or Antifa, and it’s still trumps fault and right wingers

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Why are they all dressed like that? Are they trying to look intimidating or something?

They really look like this:

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I was trying to stay on the recent Portland event but OK.

The same applies if I were a resident of NC. I want my mayor, governor, police, etc. to do their best to ensure deaths, destruction of property, or disruption of public areas do not occur. Not encourage it!

I appreciate what you're saying and I agree the press aspect is nauseating.

However, we forget about the citizens of these places. These locations are not simply the dead backdrops for jackassery. Only when the people who live there demand their public servants get off the politics and earn their pay will something improve IMHO.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

Oh I agree

Even if you are a trump hating progressive in Portland you ought to be ashamed of what the mayor has allowed to happen

They need to vote out this nonsense

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

100% dead on.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY & a reply to: Grambler

What's the mayor supposed to do? Forbid all gatherings of 3 or more people? Curfew? Do you really think that would help? All it would do is put cops in the middle of two violent groups. How would you justify that?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

that is kinda, sorta, maybe the JOB of the Police.

You are correct, the Police do not have to get in the middle of 2 violent mobs,

they also can find another type of JOB.

I hear the Trump economy is booming with lots of Jobs.

then the Police can be safe, not BEING police.

( according to the Police Commissioner, the Mayor is preventing it )
edit on 2-7-2019 by thedigirati because: injustice

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

What's the mayor supposed to do? Forbid all gatherings of 3 or more people? Curfew? Do you really think that would help? All it would do is put cops in the middle of two violent groups. How would you justify that?

First when Antifa first started blocking streets and harassing drivers, he should not have publicly came out and claimed he told his police to do nothing

That signaled to Antifa they had free reign, which they did

Secondly this seems to still be the mayors orders as pice have stood idly by time after time and watched melees ensue

The mayor could arrest offenders, declare masks not allowed to be worn at rallies, demand permits for rallies and have his police arrest any faction that shows up with weapons

Ensure police keep non permitted factions away from others instead of standing back

Instead the mayor celebrated publicly the fact he allowed Antifa to block roads and wear masks and wield weapons

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Why is it you guys are here to confuse, twist, spin and convolute history and never address the issues and the facts and then turn it on Trump. Keep going. It the Democrat Mayor that is causing this.

Elderly Man

WATCH: Elderly Man Beaten With Crowbar, Another Has Head Split Open By Antifa While Trying To Help 'Gay Man In Sundress'

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Can we just eliminate both side I've grown bored of them.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Well for starters if the groups in question are injuring people they lose their right to protest. Remember the first amendment only allows for peaceful protest. The situation in Portland has gotten to that point. Seems too many people want to twist & turn things. I can just imagine how people would react if it was done too. The ACLU would be denouncing the act as violating free speech while missing the actual point behind the first amendment is for peaceful assembly, nevermind that the actions of the "protesters" have been anything but.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Vote out this nonsense?

Quite obviously, a majority of the voters approve of this nonsense.

Which is o.k. with me........I am not now, nor will I ever be, in Portland.

But the bigger question is............what effect if any is this unrest in Portland having on business interests? I'd say that if this is hurting business interests in Portland and that jobs are being lost as a result, then maybe we should tacitly approve of Antifa's actions. Obviously anything that's bad for the west coast leftists is a Good thing for the normal people in the rest of the US!

Which brings me to a second point. ATS'ers are all up in arms about Antifa in Portland like its a big damned deal. But here's the thing. Are we seeing mass Antifa demonstrations ANYWHERE ELSE? Chicago? St. Louis? Cleveland? Cincinnati? Philadelphia? Boston? NYC? Baltimore?.................ANYWHERE?

Obviously, with the occasional exception of Commie Berkley Land, NOT?

So really..........just how important is ANTIFA?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

First when Antifa first started blocking streets and harassing drivers, he should not have publicly came out and claimed he told his police to do nothing

Secondly this seems to still be the mayors orders as pice have stood idly by time after time and watched melees ensue

The mayor could arrest offenders, declare masks not allowed to be worn at rallies, demand permits for rallies and have his police arrest any faction that shows up with weapons

Ensure police keep non permitted factions away from others instead of standing back

Instead the mayor celebrated publicly the fact he allowed Antifa to block roads and wear masks and wield weapons

All GOOD! Maybe some big business interests will MOVE OUT of Portland leaving thousands jobless to starve in the streets!

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

This old guy wasn't some hapless innocent bystander, who was just peacefully minding his own business when he got whacked in the head.

Are we talking about the same guy? Apparently three [3] guys had the sheet beat out of them. The gay Reporter, a gay guy in a sun dress and the guy hit with a crowbar defending the gay guy. That's the guy in my original link. Do you need to have your algorithms reprogrammed? However,plausible deniability is golden isn't it? So how about sending all of us here on ATS a link of the video that delineates that he wasn't just an innocent bystander.

Elderly Man

WATCH: Elderly Man Beaten With Crowbar, Another Has Head Split Open By Antifa While Trying To Help 'Gay Man In Sundress'

edit on 2-7-2019 by Waterglass because: added link

edit on 2-7-2019 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

originally posted by: Grambler

All GOOD! Maybe some big business interests will MOVE OUT of Portland leaving thousands jobless to starve in the streets!

I agree

If people continue to vote for this mayor, businesses will eventually leave and that will possibly cause change

As far as is Antifa big anywhere else?

Well there have been several places they have shown

And it will probably get worse as the election nears

But it is my contention that the actual thugs themselves are less indicative of a problem than the main stream people with influence that are excusing or defending them

That is what will lead to more attacks all over the country based in political ideology

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

The city issued ANTIFA a permit. That permit was later revoked by the police but after the damage was done.

Maybe not issue them permits in the first place? Yeah, I know they would still show up. But if they do show up in strength and start their nonsense, I don't know....maybe arrest them?

I know what SCOTUS says about police and the safety of citizens but they also said the police have an obligation to enforce the law. Can a mayor unilaterally choose which laws he/she wants to enforce? Can they tell their police to ignore that which is their duty and purpose?

Do I expect the police to go confront violent groups? Yes! Yes, I do. I do not expect them to go unprepared but go none-the-less.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

That is what will lead to more attacks all over the country based in political ideology

And frankly I have to wonder if that might not be a good thing! Are you still running for Congress? Because if you are, I'd suggest you have a MAJOR problem if you win! And you probably are not aware of what that problem is!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join