It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'1 Mass Shooting Per Day' in America now.. since Columbine!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
www.vox.com...

20 years after Columbine, America sees roughly one mass shooting a day

That's the average based on the past 20 years, since Columbine, in America.

Around 2.500 kids have been killed since, plus around 8,500 wounded by these school shootings.

Kids tend to learn from their mistakes, yet apparently we aren't: the more mistakes we make, the even more tomorrow we 'will' make, it seems!

Why? How many MORE must die before years like just last year (2018 having the most school shootings ever) aren't the worst in history yet?

Are guns the problem? People? Or something, far, far more sinster and secret?

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: letni
Around 2.500 kids have been killed since, plus around 8,500 wounded by these school shootings.

That's victims of mass shootings overeall; not just school shooting victims.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: letni

Columbine was supposed to be a mass bombing, not a shooting.
Their bombs failed.
They started shooting then.

Most mass shootings are gang or robbery related and dont involve schools.
That's not saying that school shooting are not tragic.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

based on one group’s definition of mass shooting.

Snip

Since the Sandy Hook shooting, there have been more than 2,000 mass shootings in which four or more people, excluding the shooter, were shot but not necessarily killed. Nearly 2,300 people have been killed and almost 8,400 have been wounded.

Apparently by their definition if an accidental discharge caused fragmentations that hit 4 people it would be counted as a mass shooting .

edit on 29-6-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
www.google.com...

I raise your vox article with a john stossel...

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   

The vox article says that 115 people have been killed by a gun so far in 2019.

Just as something to compare that number to.
37k people died in 2017 by car accidents in the United states.
That breaks down to just over 100 deaths per day.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Out of 330+ million people, the third largest populated country in the world. We can pick about anything... about 100 bee deaths per year, 800 people a year are killed bicycles, 2000 kids a year die to drugs as examples.

Your 2500 number, which is mostly gangs, gets smaller and smaller looking.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

"There are three kinds of lies, lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli as quoted by Samuel Langhorne Clemens (Mark Twain).

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Case in point: Cap'n Crunch cereal maims 100k children a year. I can say this because a sore pallet can be called maiming. It's the same thing as saying that politicians molest hundreds every year. Touch somebody in an unwanted why, that's called molestation. We live in a world now where the Dali Lama is getting bashed for saying that if his successor is a woman, then they should be attractive so that people will listen to her. He makes a point about humans in general, and gets bashed for it. I'm surprised they didn't go after him for not saying that his successor could be a trans-whatever.

It's not just the number stats that get slanted, it's also the phrasing of the facts that get slanted too.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5en5ei
www.google.com...

I raise your vox article with a john stossel...

Leftists have proven themselves immune to facts.

Olympic level mental gymnastics or uncontrolled personality disorder are the only ways to support the progressive agenda.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I hear what you're saying and perhaps its the crazy in me that will continue to try and be civil when confronting misinformation

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

VOX!

Not one idiot that works for Vox knows jack squat about the Constitution. Ask Carlos Maza who wants to ban speech he doesn't agree with...

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

It's not a gun problem, it's a crime problem. Fix the economy, fix mental health (especially these liberals), clamp down on big pharma FFS's and there will be fewer shootings. Take away guns, you'll get an increase in stabbings, acid attacks, baseball bats, vehicular homicides, hammers, etc., most important though, the criminals will still have guns and you idiots that gave up your rights, won't. How smart is that eh?

Just remember, the police are there to "serve and protect" but it's a lie of omission. They didn't say who they serve and protect did they? Guess what, it should read, "Serve and Protect the Law" nothing more. The people who write the laws are in a club for that protection and you and me, we're not in that club.

I walked around with a 44 and 9p for years and I never shot anyone out of malice, stupidity or just for fun. That's what legal gun owners do, we respect our tools and the reasons for using them and we understand that there are consequences :-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego

originally posted by: letni

That's victims of mass shootings overeall; not just school shooting victims.

Oh sure.......go spouting real facts. Like that is going to sway them.

Don'tcha know fully automatic assault rifles were used in every school shooting? Some even had the grenade launcher attachment.

edit on 29-6-2019 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Math is a little fuzzy on this 20 Years equals 7300 days with the total # killed to be 2500 that would mean that out of 3 days of mass shootings 1 person would die 0.342465753425. With the 8500 number injured that would mean that out of every 6 mass shootings 7 people have been injured 1.16438356164 if you combine the two it would average 1.17647058824 which is just over one but far from two. What does it take to be considered a mass shooting. Sorry but your numbers do not add up and it seems as fear mongering to try and take our guns. LAME

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Meanwhile, in Florida...

Population has increased year over year the past 11 years.

Crime rates have gone down year over year for the past 11 years.

Why more population and lower crime, one might ask?

That concealed carry permits have increased 300% in the same time-frame (Florida has more registered guns then Texas now) is probably just a coincidence...

An armed populace is a polite populace.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The ridiculous "Gun free zone" law is the entire reason. Murderous people know they have a better chance of surviving when they go to a school to let their hatred be known.
Politicians, (likely the very ones many here have supported is guilty for creating this and making this happen.) If they actually cared they would repeal the law, but they just don't care about human life, especially the lives of children.
edit on 29-6-2019 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

The ridiculous "Gun free zone" law is the entire reason. Murderous people know they have a better chance of surviving when they go to a school to let their hatred be known.

We have read their manifestos after the fact and that's exactly what they are looking for. Not even for a better survival chance... they are looking for a higher score than the last notorious school shooter.

I was in training once and pissed off a guy from California so bad that if I was a man I think he would have asked me outside.

I mentioned that in my state, there is no concealed carry permit necessary out of town, open carry is everywhere and our teachers carry.

He laughed at me, elbowed the guy next him and said "that's just crazy."

I told him "You want to know what's really crazy?"

"Legally making an area where the only people who are going to have guns are criminals, psychopaths and murderers."

"Then send your kids there 150 days out of the year without you."

"THAT'S crazy."

We didn't get along after that...

edit on 29-6-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

It's hard to comprehend that people can't understand what is right in their faces. Their brainwashing is so complete that all reasoning powers have been eliminated.
To me, and observing these school shootings increasing after the law was passed nationwide, that there is indeed a dirty deception taking place, and those who have bought into it (especially our federal, state and local politicians) plus even school faculties which are a majority left wing, cannot see through this deceit upon the entire country.

"At any cost" get the guns away from the law abiding, even if that cost is their own children or someone else's.

That is the agenda. There is a price to pay certainly, but thanks for adding your voice publicly against this madness.

edit on 29-6-2019 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: edit

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   

More government propaganda to incite the public,mass shootings at malls,schools,sounds like when Nazi's were going for a gun grab"Terror" wake up this more crap we have been fed for years

top topics

<<   2 >>

join