It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Cruz Grills Google on Allegations of Politically Biased Censorship

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Sen. Cruz Grills Google on Allegations of Politically Biased Censorship

On a personal note, I do not like Senator Cruz, but boy-o-boy did I enjoy watching this video!

I hope they revoke googles 230 immunity status and make them change and truly become a content provider not a publisher if they want it back!

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

I agree. Don't like the guy but gotta respect a job well done here.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Members telling us to use something other then Google and YouTube like it's a practical solution in 3...2....1

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This was very awesome and they can't complain that clip was sliced because it wasn't.

We are witnessing an actual major organization getting caught LYING about how it conducts itself.

For those saying, well they are a private company, blah blah blah...

When the most premier organization is being integrated into all commerce, products and services, actually dominating to a point where where signing in with Google or FB is considered enough, they need to start being regulated, otherwise it is an iron grip monopoly on social media.

We ready have big conservative voices banned from their platforms, enough is enough.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I must say...

Great strategy by Google sending a nobody to answer somebody questions.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Their efforts are having the opposite effect. Conservative personalities and outlets are getting stronger, not weaker since the election. More black and hispanic voted for Trump than Romney and I am sure he will get even more this run.

If tech companies have so much power how come it's not causing much damage. They lost seats in the Senate and despite their reach, none of their candidates can establish large rallies. Truth is, for as large as they are they are very weak when it comes to changing minds and influencing people. What they are strong at is generating hatred against themselves. Tech companies are some of the most hated companies in the US if not the most hated.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Q: "Do you program your users with search results"

A: "We always put our users first"

WOT!? holy newspeak, or whatever that is... it makes me uncomfortable AF

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Members telling us to use something other then Google and YouTube like it's a practical solution in 3...2....1

I've used DuckDuckGo for years. Superior search engine that doesn't give you slanted results forcing you to go 4 pages in to find a non-biased link.

Not sure why people are too stupid to use engines other than Google.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

So if this lady doesnt know who her superiors voted for means that none of them voted for trump?

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnS23

I've used DuckDuckGo for years. Superior search engine that doesn't give you slanted results forcing you to go 4 pages in to find a non-biased link.

Not sure why people are too stupid to use engines other than Google.

How am I too stupid? My Google account is linked to everything even at work. What's stupid is supporting super powerful companies and not seeing the abuse

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

So if this lady doesnt know who her superiors voted for means that none of them voted for trump?

Do you think anyone working in silicone Valley would sabotage their own career and say they voted for Trump?

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123
Not quite.

She pretty much said she knows nothing about it.

May even be complete bullschitte.

Funny how he only asks if its accurate but never asks if its real.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
WHAT THE HELL DID THIS PROVE?

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Please...

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Hey silly..... Long time

I normally don't have much in common with you, and probably don't here either, but......

It's nobody's business who I, or anyone else voted for, and it's out of line to ask a third party to divulge that information, should they know.

That is why voting is done in the privacy of a booth. That seems like a very basic part of our freedoms.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I'm going to point out the obvious. James O'Keefe III has a history of fraud. He has a history of editing videos to misrepresent statements made by his victims.

My first thought on hearing the "next Trump situation" is that she was referring to the disinformation campaign launched in support of Trump and in many cases, simply as a way of collecting ad revenue from the clicks of unsuspecting boomers, who will follow and share pretty much any link from a site with a name like truepatriotnews247magapundit.com. (already registered, get your own fake news domain!)

Ms. Gennai responded in a Medium post (I provided the link so you can see her full comments. If you'd prefer I can intersperse chunks of what she said with some garbage from an anonymous person in a hood to make them sound some sorta way?):

selectively edited and spliced the video to distort my words and the actions of my employer, and published it widely online.

Project Veritas has edited the video to make it seem that I am a powerful executive who was confirming that Google is working to alter the 2020 election. On both counts, this is absolute, unadulterated nonsense, of course. In a casual restaurant setting, I was explaining how Google’s Trust and Safety team (a team I used to work on) is working to help prevent the types of online foreign interference that happened in 2016. Google has been very public about the work that our teams have done since 2016 on this, so it’s hardly a revelation.

I watched about 10 minutes of the video and it pretty much confirmed what I expected (because I'm not dumb, desperate or memory-impaired) and what Ms. Gennai said. They'd take a sentence with some vague wording like "what happened in 2016" and then immediately cut to guy in a hood talking about some other thing. Then splice in another sentence like the one with "next Trump situation" and cut back to hooded guy.

I also looked through the "leaked documents" and nothing I saw supported the narrative Cruz and O'Keefe were pushing.

I'll make some predictions right now:

1. PV will not release the raw video.
2. The guy in the hood is a shill.
3. If she sues them, she'll win.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

I agree. Don't like the guy but gotta respect a job well done here.

What has he done to not like him?

He has been one of A VERY FEW who have stood up to the Progressives before DJT was elected, like Rand and Ron Paul. I see Desantis of Florida and a Tim Jordon really striking a good chord for Americans who want to preserve the Republic for which we stand.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

History of being ACCUSED of fraud.

How many lawsuits has O Keefe lost, please help us?

edit on 25-6-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Not practical why?
Because the "free market capitalism" you all swear by is complete bs, or because the "free markets" havent decided this is an issue?

Which one?

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

Oh, it might be as simple as all our friends say use it.......

I have a smart friend that isn't so keen to dismiss Google still and he is an old money R with some understanding of the Bush's being a curse on our land so I give him a pass when we disagree.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join