It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYTimes reports on conditions in US Immigrant Children Camps and says conditions are really bad

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Krakatoa

SO, they (the Obama administration) IGNORED the law on the books? I see...if the law doesn't meet your expectations, just ignore it?

There is no law on the books that says that migrant families must be separated at the border.

It just says that the family as a whole unit can not come into America.....

Lolz

Why are people even bothering to argue with you?

You come with no substance 🤪

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Oh, and my earlier recommendation regarding asylum seekers (which you brought up) would have solved this issue by preventing it in the first place.

Preventing "what", in the first place?

Playing dense I see. I'll say it one more time for your to comprehend.

It will prevent the children from even BEING in these conditions, or worse conditions on the long trek here through multiple countries and horrific living conditions.

Please try to keep up. I know that advanced long-term thought is required to understand this, and not knee-jerk reactions and virtue signal "Feelz".

What is better for the children....save just ONE from these human traffickers and we win.

edit on 6/23/2019 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
According to USA child protection laws ALL these children should be separated from their families.

Why are they getting special treatment? If you took your children and walked them 30 miles in 80-90 degree heat without waater or food or breaks child protective services would be on you in a heartbeat, especially if it was to break a law.

Why should illegal migrants get more protection that citizens of the USA, maybe some of you should read up on rental property laws in Texas, you would be shocked to learn when renters can get away with, and that is for Legal citizens.

if you are 1 day late with rent, then you cannot force the rentee to fix things in the Apt for that 30 days, toilet broke too bad, rain comming in from the roof, you were a day late, to bad. maybe next month you will be on time.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

We (the liberals....all of us) would like to state that we collectively agree that we believe that the mistreatment of children should be above partisan politics and that even the right should agree that children suffering is wrong regardless of politics.

Then why don’t the liberals as a collective do something instead of scream orange man bad ?

Failure to enact legislation to stop the onslaught and close the loopholes endangers far more children than previously .

Yet I see no movement from the Democrats to slow the flow of illegal refugees.

By not taking any action and screaming about cruelty. . The Left is in fact using children’s suffering in a Partisan way that is to their advantage .

Despite the position both you and I have taken.

Liberals aren’t attacking their own.

They’re only projecting outwards .

The tactic is no different than when Democrats climb a top a pile of bodies to preach gun control .

You're missing the point.

The goal isn't to "slow the flow of illegal refugees"

The goal is to instead make it not illegal to walk in here and stay without having to jump through hoops and spend alot of $$.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

We (the liberals....all of us) would like to state that we collectively agree that we believe that the mistreatment of children should be above partisan politics and that even the right should agree that children suffering is wrong regardless of politics.

Then why don’t the liberals as a collective do something instead of scream orange man bad ?

Failure to enact legislation to stop the onslaught and close the loopholes endangers far more children than previously .

Yet I see no movement from the Democrats to slow the flow of illegal refugees.

By not taking any action and screaming about cruelty. . The Left is in fact using children’s suffering in a Partisan way that is to their advantage .

Despite the position both you and I have taken.

Liberals aren’t attacking their own.

They’re only projecting outwards .

The tactic is no different than when Democrats climb a top a pile of bodies to preach gun control .

You're missing the point.

The goal isn't to "slow the flow of illegal refugees"

The goal is to instead make it not illegal to walk in here and stay without having to jump through hoops and spend alot of $$.

If you cannot afford the cost of entry, then stay home.

You can;t just walk into a hotel like the Ritz Carlton and demand a room, that you will not pay for, because you are destitute. Try it sometime...then report back to us what happened.

Cost of entry is a reality....nobody says it must be free. After all, once here, "free stuff" is actually paid by legal residents via their tax $$$.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   

or, maybe you're just not making much sense. You can't turn away people who are running for their lives.

edit on 23-6-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Scepticaldem

It just says that the family as a whole unit can not come into America.....

No. There is no such law.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

According to USA child protection laws ALL these children should be separated from their families.

What law? Please cite.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   

If they didn't come here illegally, then they would not be in this position, would they?

Is it right to treat criminals inhumanly?

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   

or, maybe you're just not making much sense. You can't turn away people who are running for their lives.

They must PROVE they are running for their lives. See, in my world, people DO lie to get what they want....especially if it's a new free home. So, you need to investigate those claims, not just willy-nilly believe them.

Letting people in based upon their word alone is not making much sense.

edit on 6/23/2019 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

If they didn't come here illegally, then they would not be in this position, would they?

Is it right to treat criminals inhumanly?

If they were not even here, they would not be treated as such here. right?

I know....it takes a broader mindset than it seems you have at the moment. But, I have confidence you will eventually understand the larger picture and world view.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   

NOW you are getting it....seeing the bigger picture. Without them here, they do not have them as pawns in their sick political game of power. I don;t ascribe to either of the main parties, since I know they both are as corrupt as the day is long. However, I also do not delude myself that they work in our or anyone's favor but their own.

It just seems like within a few pages of debate here on ats we come up with good ideas worth trying. But our elected officials are just not as smart? No, I don't believe that. So what else could it be but that they need those people where they are for political reasons?

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Mexico needs to secure an emergency supply route directly to the camps 😎

If your saying mexico should help by giving them supplies. Great idea.

Mexico did promise to help with all this.

Mexico needs to initiate a medical screening and treatment program for all immigrants migrating through Mexico 😎

See that's common since thinking . But i'm to believe that trump, nor the repubs, nor the dems thought of this.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   

NOW you are getting it....seeing the bigger picture. Without them here, they do not have them as pawns in their sick political game of power. I don;t ascribe to either of the main parties, since I know they both are as corrupt as the day is long. However, I also do not delude myself that they work in our or anyone's favor but their own.

It just seems like within a few pages of debate here on ats we come up with good ideas worth trying. But our elected officials are just not as smart? No, I don't believe that. So what else could it be but that they need those people where they are for political reasons?

I agree. And using the "for the children" dogma is the trump card to make people that disagree seem to be heartless. When, it is not a simple as that at all. Why are they not saying that to their own representatives (as I have constantly via communication channels).

Unless, those using the "child" card actually support the use of the children as political pawns.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Mexico needs to secure an emergency supply route directly to the camps 😎

If your saying mexico should help by giving them supplies. Great idea.

Mexico did promise to help with all this.

Mexico needs to initiate a medical screening and treatment program for all immigrants migrating through Mexico 😎

See that's common since thinking . But i'm to believe that trump, nor the repubs, nor the dems thought of this.

Same as changing the law to allow asylum applications to be filed in the U.S. embassy in their home country. Then a medical exam, etc.. can all be done without them making a dangerous thousand mile or more trek with their children in tow. Risking not only their lives but those of their children.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

So what has the house done to remedy the situation? What bills have they proposed?

Idk? I haven't looked on the .gov site to see. Have you?

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   

The Liberals are using the welfare of children to their advantage again .

The way to end this mess is with a wall or permanent barrier .

Instead the Liberals would rather see children suffer .

Make sure to first check if this is one of 'those countries' we don't talk about and look away when presented with evidence of how the US messed them all up. Also, if it applies. fix the mess the US left at whatever country they came from before sending them home.

Not an easy task for sure, it usually works better to just pretend it never happened

Responsibility! What adults should but never crave!
edit on 23-6-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

And you are able to prove your position with much better documented readily available information?

It's just perspective.

I see them as neutral human beings because I do not know them and do not fear them.

Others see them as evil human beings because they do not know them and they fear them.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   

a reply to: Grimpachi

No , the left control the house. The right controls the senate.

A Party technically needs 60 seats to fully control the Senate. Otherwise the minority party has the control of defeat 😎

Oh yeah. I forgot they only had 53. It feels like they control it sometimes though.

Offtopic: I'm predicting a potus win for trump but a senate win for the dems in 2020. House stays the same.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I care!

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join