It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The one way reparations might work...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: JustJohnny

Only when we are all free should we give up the fight.

Well then what's the issue? In the US we are all free. Any serious talk about this should start with the African slave sellers decendants. Only 1 to 4 percent of all slaves came to the U.S. The rest of them are other nations.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

And by capping it at 100k you stop the celebrities and corporations from taking advantage while still giving the rich African Americans some benefit too..

Just a thought.

How about the Irish, the Chinese, American Indian, Much of South America in the 50s, numerous wars...so on and so on...

To go back in time and apply "sins" on the past based on today's norms is something we can go back to the dawn of man.

The last person who was a slave died in the 1930s at the age of 95....That is like 5+ generations ago, so I would have a more valid reason to sue Germany for destroying my ancestors in the 1930s than an African American has for events prior to the 1860s.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Did you read the post at all...

It would be based on proving your very recent forefathers were no question wronged by the US government..

So are Indian reservations racist??

Of course not..

So why do you think anything that benefits black people must be racist???

Hmmmmm???

Not that is the most obvious answer ever lol..

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Every atrocity basically in history was committed by conservatives attempting to uphold the previous status quo...

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Dude the worst America did to African Americans wasn’t slavery...

During slavery there were financial reasons not to overly brutalize your slaves.. marks lowered their value and they were worth more than most luxury cars.

In the aftermath of abolition it was open season.. and god knows the white southern planeters were not gonna blame themselves for all the lost blood and treasure, hell no. So they blamed the freed slaves..

So we are not talking the distant past AT ALL...

The worst of it was WAY less than 2 life times ago..and segregation and such less than one life time ago..

The fact that relatively no African American received ANY benefit from their forefathers labors for literally centuries doesn’t go away in less than 2 life times..

And in countless cases the benefit from that labor could still be traced to today..

X worked as a slave on Y plantation for 23 years as a carpenter.

Y plantation has been owned by the same family and is now cottononomics inc and is a multi billion dollar Corp.

If GM owes your grandfather money , and you were the only heir, you would feel like you were owed that money right???

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

The native Americans did and still do get repetitions..

Sure we can argue it isn’t enough, but a 100k yak break doesn’t make up for slavery either..

I think it is super telling that you openly are cool with repetitions for anyone but African Americans..

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

If you give tax breaks based solely on race, then, yes, it is racist.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

I think it is super telling that you openly are cool with repetitions for anyone but African Americans..

I think you missed my point. I'm against all repetitions except when it is current such as with the Japanese. To go back and say we need to pay for our pass sins is not only stupid but you could put every group that ever lived in there at some time. My post was more about why and not defining what group should get it or not. I was giving examples of so many other groups that were crapped on too, not just the blacks.

edit on 27-6-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Any sort of tax break will have the effect of burdening everyone who doesn't receive that break.

Even if you accept the idea that we are responsible for the actions of our distant ancestors (and I don't), you still have issues of basic fairness. My ancestors never owned any slaves. And yes, I can trace them back to the point they came to the United States. So why should I be asked to pay something? If the answer is "because I'm white" then you are simply using racism as your justification.
edit on 27-6-2019 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
we need to face facts. and the fact is all this reparation nonsense has only two goals. goal one is to buy votes of a certain demographic. now that is true about why the democrats are so interested in it. and of course those black people who feel they will benefit from it are all for it as to be expected.

yet the democrats are not the only ones pushing this farce. the UN has also been pushing it. which in and of it's self is an interesting issue. WHY. and i am being serious. why are they pushing for reparations for black people over slavery in the US, to be paid by the US? has anyone heard of them also demanding reparations from countries such as Spain, the UK, Portugal or the Danes? countries that were directly involved in the slave trade along with Africa and the mid east (the last two in which slavery can be found still going on today). heck the Portuguese and Spanish even looked down on the US, and before that the "British colonies", for coddling their slaves. because they felt that those in the US/British colonies that would become the US, did not treat their slaves anywhere near harshly enough. and unlike the US they didn't just have a few slaves, but had pretty much entire countries acting as their slaves. and we certainly can not forget the British who were the ones who legalized slavery in what was to become the US (on behalf of a black slave owner). so why are they ONLY targeting the US with needing to pay reparations? why are they not also demanding for example that Spain pay reparations to countries such as the Philippines?

the answer is simple and is the real goal of demanding those reparations. far from fixing the issue of racism, it will as some people have noted actually CAUSE racism, make it worse, and further split the country based on ethnicity. and anyone with half a brain should be able to easily see that, that would be the result. just look at the racism that has been caused by things such as affirmative action. where instead of making everyone equal, it instead gives privilege (real privilege, not this made up "white privilege"), based upon race and even sex. in short it gives people of certain races and females advantages, over other races and males. and it has in fact cased more racism and sexism (justifiably i might add), as people see that because of their race and sex, they are at a disadvantage. rathe like we are starting to see with tranny athletes right now. with even at least one lawsuit being started by females pissed off that people with an unfair advantage are winning everything, and taking it away from them. and just like affirmative action does and reparations will, has caused hate against those with the advantage. and i think we really need to start seriously asking if the whole point behind things such as affirmative action were also intentionally put into place to divide the nation and cause racism and sexism.

so while democrats and their supporters are using this reparations scam to try to gain votes, as well as to encourage more black people to actually vote. when you look at the bigger picture, it is all about trying to divide and destroy the country. the country that just happens to be the superpower, and the main country that is keeping a one world tyranny (government), from becoming a reality.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: generik
we need to face facts. and the fact is all this reparation nonsense has only two goals. goal one is to buy votes of a certain demographic. now that is true about why the democrats are so interested in it. and of course those black people who feel they will benefit from it are all for it as to be expected.

Hasn't that been the running narrative of something free that the left has put to the blacks for decades. Even with Obama I remember interviews where black people were asked why are they voting for Obama and they said "Obama is going to buy me a house".

Lets not pick that group up to be successful, lets keep them down using crappy Government subsistence and lies of free stuff. It funny how the blacks do better under a Republican and never actually get that free stuff...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join