It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The one way reparations might work...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MrNeo

Oh so you are one of those "pick your own damn cotton" types.

How dare you say effort is rewarded, this is 2019, everyone gets a participations trophy

you make it seem like anyone that wants to get ahead, can get ahead, what do you think this is, America?

oh wait.

(for the democrats, and humorusly challanged, this is a joke post)

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   
What about all the white people who were slaves? There were quite a few of them. Do they get a tax break too or is your plan racist?

What about all the black slave owners? Should they pay higher taxes to offset the tax break for descendants of slaves?

Why should I pay for it? I didn't own any slaves and neither did my ancestors.

The government doesn't have money. It has taxpayer money. Whatever it pays for it does so with taxpayer dollars.

The fact is that a great portion of people today who are descendants of slaves are also descendants of slave owners. Its a simple truth: slave owners had sex with slaves. So do they get half a tax break and pay for the other half?

Why is it that no one ever talks about reparations for white slaves? Its like slavery happened to all kinds of people but apparently, only the black people suffered. I am sure those Irish children who were ripped from their mother's arms and sold into slavery enjoyed every minute of it. Slavery was a picnic in the park for white people. What a bunch of %&$$#!%^.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   
This is a False flag and a agenda driven issue. Common sense would tell us all we are to far down the time line for anything fair in reparations for the wrongs done. I am white and I had a slave ancestry. I would say not the same, but we could ask him how life was at that time, it would have sounded much the same. This was one of my Great plus grandfathers , he was arrested in England for something not to serious, at least not to warrant such a punishment. After living in one of the worst prisons along the coast in the south Americas; His punishment was modified to work the sugar plantations on the islands. Yet he had a set term and was released after fulfilling his dept years later.
I have many records of my family who fought in the civil war, who helped the slaves settle in the north. Not bragging or looking for anything, but it is history. They saw the horror which was the civil war at its worst, and several didn't come home.
There are allot of histories that didn't go so well, from the Irish, Chinese and others, to criminals unfairly punished; Mormons who were exterminated for their faith, land stolen, on and on; to you name it.
Like sins we regret and cannot correct, we can only move forward and place our hope and faith in God. With our future choices to make a better community, state, country and world.
We cannot change the past, nor does it represent the body of the American people in our history. Or through it, wholly understand the true history based on the records interpreted by the agendas of today. We are Camelot, and the enemy is seeking to destroy our peace and redefine it using our own laws, our individual hope for fairness and freedom. Please take my words as sincere and with the love I hope to portray and share with all my brothers and sisters born into this day and age. Lets make jobs and put cash and dignity back into the hands of the American people. Lets relight the flame of the American dream. I don't give a blast of anyone's color, and my heart is sadden with many of the the stories of the past, but it burns bright with a hope in the future.

a reply to: DBCowboy

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny
Native Americans still , for the most part , limited to reservations
We all are in slavery

Denying ignorance
Why ?
It is ATS's Motto

Done,
Next

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   
If any black Americans feel they would have been better off had their ancestors never been enslaved then offer them a one way trip to Africa, a one off payment to set themselves up and they surrender their US passport.

If however they think America is pretty good and they want to stay then they can shut the truck up.

Perhaps instead of playing the victim and complaining they could acknowledge the hardships their ancestors went through to give them the opportunity that people are currently risking their lives to obtain, namely American citizenship

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
We all are in slavery

Denying ignorance
Why ?
It is ATS's Motto

Done,
Next

We are limited to reservations?

Oh please explain that to me.

I guess I missed the memo where we are limited to reservations.

And as far as reparations, we are sovereign nations within the US that have a thing called TREATIES with the US government.

But wait!!!!

Please explain to me the "limited to reservations" part.

I'm really dying to know this knowledge of yours now.

Enlighten me!

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   

No reparations...End of story...

What would be fair and reasonable would be to offer them a free ride back to the Country of their origin...I feel bad making them have to stay here...

But if this reparation thing is unavoidable, I'd encourage President Trump to promise an EO providing reparations after he wins the next election...

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Are you saying we date the DNA somehow to find out something?

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
We all are in slavery

Denying ignorance
Why ?
It is ATS's Motto

Done,
Next

I'm still waiting to be told that I'm limited to my reservation.

Just got home to 400 acres of Montana that I own and I'm wondering if I need to drive back to Oklahoma because that's where I am limited to.

There are things that I seem I do not know about being a NA that people need to teach me!

Don't want to come off looking foolish or appear that I wandered off the reservation or anything...

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Ex slaves and descendants have been giving millions over the years in wellfare. Wich a lot of people.of color still recieve. I barely make enough to pay my Bill's but to much for any government assistance. I dont like the idea of giving them more one bit.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I say if there are reparations they should be paid in cash.

That cash payment should be just enough to disqualify all recipients from public housing, welfare, food stamps, unemployment, medicare/medicade, or any sort of government assistance.

We'll save a ton of money the first year anyway.

All affirmative action style programs immediately cancelled.

No government subsidies for any institutions that consider themselves "black", such as black universities.

No more "black" police or firefighters unions and no black congressional caucus.

No more black Ms. USA or any other overtly racist program that we seem to be funding and/or applauding.

I will gladly pitch in on reparations under these terms.
edit on 23-6-2019 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari
Did I say every single one ?
NO
JUST NO

And , to serve as a vital reminder , you are not the only Native American on ATS.

edit on 6/23/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:51 AM
link   

edit on 6/23/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 02:02 AM
link   
With all the excellent points made in here and even with plain common sense, there will be no reparations. I don't see it happening.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 03:24 AM
link   
My family, including ancestors, did not own slaves. They were too poor.

So why should I be taxed even more than I am, for reparations that I shouldn't be responsible for?!

Or should I be responsible for reparations just because I'm white... ?!

Racist much?

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Okay I will agree to reparations as soon as you show me a person who is alive that was a slave and a person who is alive that was a slave owner. I won't hold my breath noone alive today had anything to do with slavery and noone alive today was a victim of slavery no reparations for anyone who was not a slave.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
I say if there are reparations they should be paid in cash.

That cash payment should be just enough to disqualify all recipients from public housing, welfare, food stamps, unemployment, medicare/medicade, or any sort of government assistance.

We'll save a ton of money the first year anyway.

All affirmative action style programs immediately cancelled.

No government subsidies for any institutions that consider themselves "black", such as black universities.

No more "black" police or firefighters unions and no black congressional caucus.

No more black Ms. USA or any other overtly racist program that we seem to be funding and/or applauding.

I will gladly pitch in on reparations under these terms.

^^^^^Because this ^^^^^

If you want paid because black people, among others, were once slaves then we will pay you. But you will have to give up all the other stuff we did to compensate you for your ancestors suffering. ALL of it.

Absolutely brilliant.

edit on 23-6-2019 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
There are no oppressed people in American anymore. Just self imposed victim-hood. People pretending their own lack of motivation and skills are somehow an invisible force designed to keep them down.

When in fact the average black person has more programs to help them succeed than your average white person. Have you ever heard of a white scholarship fund?

Just look at these idiots at TYT.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Even more ... some of those black slave owners started out as slaves themselves!

A man who was doing historical research called in to the local radio show the other day where they were talking about it. We all get taught about slavery and slave owners as if there were many, many slave owners. But there were only ever about 4,000 registered slave owners, and about 10% of those were black as you point out. Those were the numbers this guy had dug up through his research.

So the numbers aren't as pervasive as people think, not when contrasted to the hundreds of thousands who died in the Civil War.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Government reparations for slavery are completely unnecessary. It’s just another attempt to buy votes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join