It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don Lincoln of cnn on the tic tac ufo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Straight to the juicy stuff

"The question that comes to mind is: "Are these aliens?" Sadly for anyone who is a fan of the television show "The X-Files," it is simply far, far, more plausible that what these pilots were seeing is something with a more ordinary explanation, whether it be an instrumental glitch or some other unexplained artifact. "

It amazes me how us with the best air force in the world has dumb pilots who cant see the difference between a real object and a glitch on their radars.

sarcasm aside i think its the first article from cnn on the tic tac,could be wrong though

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I was giving the radar glitch theory serious thought until they mentioned. The daily contacts in 2014 quit as soon as they deployed to the Mediterranean .

PS

Don’t trust Don Lincoln he’s obviously been probed .

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

...what is missing is multiple reports of the same phenomenon...

That's not true, is it? Several pilots and radar operators providing corroborating eye-witness testimony. Is that not multiple reports of the same phenomenon? Anyway, the report errs on the side of caution and it is true that the apparent advanced technology witnessed does not necessarily mean an off-world explanation.

On the other hand, I can't go with the option that the technology comes from a foreign source...for example, Russia...because such advancements would surely be weaponised and deployed by now. What would they have to fear?

Is it possible that a technology so far in advance of human capability could hide itself quite easily and even when it does become involved, we are way too insignificant to be a problem to those responsible for it?

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Bryan bender retwitted the article,

ok color me confused.

twitter.com...

Immense roasting ensues

edit on 22-6-2019 by IMSAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: IMSAM
It amazes me how us with the best air force in the world has dumb pilots who cant see the difference between a real object and a glitch on their radars.
That's not what he says nor implies so why don't you address the points he actually made instead of posting useless sarcasm:

Given the professionalism of the pilots who reported the sightings, I am fairly certain that they did indeed see a UFO.
That's more or less the opposite of your sarcastic comment.

In the Gimbal video, it may be a UFO but the pilots are definitely fooled when they say "look, it's rotating!" They don't seem to realize that's an effect of the Gimbal mechanism in the technology they are using and not a rotation of the object. Hence why the video was called "Gimbal".

NY Times UFO Explained (Gimbal video)

So much for the infallible pilot hypothesis.

edit on 2019622 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Also, didn't some of the pilot testimony state they actually saw these things, VISUALLY out the cockpit window as they made a close pass at hyper-sonic speed? That would corroborate the electronic detection findings too.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Also, didn't some of the pilot testimony state they actually saw these things, VISUALLY out the cockpit window as they made a close pass at hyper-sonic speed? That would corroborate the electronic detection findings too.
In the accounts I've read of the Nimitz encounters in 2004, the corroboration or radar and visual is not really clear. Fravor did see the Tic Tac UFO with his eyes, but he thought it was hovering, and his WSO said it was traveling at about 500 knots, so even if you want to believe the descriptions of the eye witnesses, you can't believe both of them when they don't agree. And there wasn't exactly radar corroboration, the radar couldn't get any reliable track:

thenimitzencounters.com...

It “just appeared as if the radar couldn’t hack it.” The radar couldn’t receive enough information to create a single target track file.
I'd say the eyewitnesses couldn't hack it either if they couldn't agree on whether it was going 0 knots or about 500 knots.

When asked to describe the appearance, if it glowed or reflected sunlight he said, “neither, it looked like it had a white candy-coated shell, almost like a white board.” His report differs from CDR Fravor in that he reported the object traveling level at approximately 500-1000 feet at approximately 500 knots.

So they saw something, but they have major disagreements about exactly what they saw and the radar wasn't much help in confirming which was right, if either. But in the scheme of eyewitness reports, these type of variances are quite normal, which is one of the points in the article about why eyewitness reports are unreliable. I think we all agree they saw something, but corroboration of eyewitness details is lacking and so is corroboration from radar.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Its hilarious that the dude "analyzing" the video ASSUMES that he knows how the craft's occupants would feel.
"They would be baking in an oven."

I can still stick my hand in a hot oven....within an oven mitt.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82
I think you completely missed the point he was making.

A similar video reinforces the point that the shape of the IR signature is not the shape of the aircraft:

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Got a non CNN link.

No click bucks for Commies.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Oh no, I got the point.

Its a take from a healthy skeptic, afraid to accept that the world he knows had suddenly changed.
Change is scary for some people... Others embrace it.

When your entire paradigm comes crashing down on you and there's nothing you can do about it,
you begin to smash the proverbial square into the circle.

ETA: But I do appreciate the view point.

edit on 22-6-2019 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   
They would say the same when seeing a real, alive alien on a live tv. Their phobic denial is very interesting.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: fromtheskydown

...what is missing is multiple reports of the same phenomenon...

That's not true, is it? Several pilots and radar operators providing corroborating eye-witness testimony. Is that not multiple reports of the same phenomenon?

We have no idea, because TTSA's main Nimitz star, Dave Fravor, states that other witnesses such as Kevin Day (the star of 'Unidentified''s second episode, while Fravor was the star of the first) are plain LIARS.

So why should we believe Fravor if witness in-fighting has already begun?

It's amazing how many times this has to be repeated because so many people on ATS are on different 'pages' regarding the Nimitz saga.

We need to all snuggle together so we can all see the same facts, claims and counterclaims.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Well, if there isnt already, create a Nimitz/Unidentified super thread.
Let's all compile what we "know" (the data) vs "claims" (theory).
The main players vs the supporting cast.
Get all the info in the same place - unless it already has been started and update the main body based on the facts.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Also, I sent you a PM the other day.
There's a good reason behind my curiosity - nothing malicious.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: IMSAM

I'm confused by your post. First of all, your comment on dumb Air Force pilots is ridiculous. These were Navy pilots, officers with several hundred and thousand hours of flying experience. Second, there were over 60 military personnel who saw these things, not only in the air, but on radar. Third, the radar was checked to be sure it wasn't an equipment glitch. That was on the third episode of Unidentified on the History Channel. Please see my thread on Unidentified. It is on this forum.

That series is very credible. The information you have on the other hand is dubious at best.

And another thing: The CNN guy totally contradicts himself in his article. I think he is confused by the reports from the Nimitz and Roosevelt. Just because this guy wrote some books does not make him an expert on all things UFO/UAP. I get so annoyed when I read some of this stuff.

edit on 6/22/2019 by ChiefD because: I had something I forgot to add

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

yes i am mocking the fact that some reporters and the us goverment make pilots who they deemed competent to fly aircraft and serve their country look like incompetents who cant tell a ufo from a glitch in their instruments to hide the fact that something indeed is out there.

As for the article its incoherent and dismisses the evidence,never said i agree with the article.

Also i find peculiar the retweet by bender of politico

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
a reply to: Macenroe82
I think you completely missed the point he was making.

A similar video reinforces the point that the shape of the IR signature is not the shape of the aircraft:

While that is true about the IR signature of an object not reflecting the true shape of an object there is this.

As most who know anything about what goes on within a Carrier Battle Groups designated airspace everything is known or is intercepted and warned off.

To have a stray aircraft in the area is doubtful (yes it does happen rarely) as there at NOTAMS issues to pilots telling telling them this will be a Naval operations area (gives location and even altitudes to stay clear of) or MOA military operations area ...

If you listen to Commander Favor (or his wing man who was a woman) they certainly have little or no doubt they were not ours or anything, someone earth bound, currently could produce..

I was not there and all we have are the people who have come forward and claimed they saw what they saw.. Naval pilots in Favor's position IMO would not be speaking unless he had the other personnel (pilots and radar operators) to back him up.. There are reported 1000s of hours of gun camera footage of flying things (UFO) that have not been released.. If they are all swamp gas or some other outlandish excuse then release them and let the people be the judge..

I have never seen anything I could not explain or identify but I do have friends, both professional pilots and civilian families who claim they have.. Am I to dismiss all, not to mention all the stories many of us have read ? All it takes is one story to be true out of the thousands.. One story....then some people will have to change their entire out look ....not really... they will continue to disregard and say "It can't be". Personally I really do not care one way or the other what either side believes in until it affects me or mine.

There will always be those who claim anything such as this is swamp gas or Venus... Anything but what the witnesses say they saw or experienced simply because it does not fit into their life's story..

The military has taken the UFO, UAP, Foo Fighter stuff seriously for a very long time "IF" any of the released documents that go back to Harry S. Truman (if not before) are to be believed. Plenty of documents by very high ranking government and military personnel.. No problem they are all fake just as everything about UFOs is fake or the work of the devil.. "Give me a break" !

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Obviously they saw something strange. No doubt about that. The radar glitch explanation is just ridiculous!

Also to add. If there was nothing to see here, why was the data taken away, and still not released to the public. If they are so "transparent" about ufos, why not release the footage supposedly taken that clearly shows the shape of the ufo?

Obviously something happened here. Was it ET, militery craft, or something else, we just don't know.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

The most sensible and balanced post so far, in my opinion.

top topics

join