It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slow night, general chatty ness

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   
So, I notice some nights are a bit dead on ATS, either people are out socializing(LOL, doubtful all you hermits) or it's just that the topics aren't firing off discussions.

So, outside of my usual drunken banter and in an effort to just spur some web traffic, maybe some random friday/saturday night chat threads would be cool.

Since we are all here, absorbing digital nonsense, it's a free for all.

What are you doing tonight? Let's keep it PG-13 since I'm sure most of you, like me, are a bunch of degenerates.

Me?
I'm lurking ATS, looking up some gun stuff on the net, drinking a few beers and I'm finally catching up on the walking dead(on season 8 episode 14). Hoping to finish off this season, If I don't get too wasted.

Also enjoying some fine smokables(cigars, mods). I'm channeling my inner bending unit(no fembots here, sadly).

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Ha! Expecting stormy weather this weekend over Perth. Just caught up watching Fortitude Seas 1 & 2. Now I'm onto Twilight Zone seas 1.

Winter blues, nice food, movies. Hibernating.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Ha! Expecting stormy weather this weekend over Perth. Just caught up watching Fortitude Seas 1 & 2. Now I'm onto Twilight Zone seas 1.

Winter blues, nice food, movies. Hibernating.

Well, I know the feeling. It's summer/spring time up here, but I feel you. Winter is down time for me. Stay inside, watch some shows and just avoid the crap weather. I go full hibernate up here(northern US) when winter hits. It's all you got to get you through. Pizza(for me), doctor who reruns, liquor and dreams of nice summer weather and outdoor fun.

link   
N. Idaho here.

Rolling Rock beer.

We just spotted a feral cat on the property (near our birds), so my wife is out baiting traps.

We also have a pack of coyotes in close to the property tonight... the alpacas are nervous. The horses haven't freaked out, so I haven't bothered loading the shotgun quite yet...

We also have baby goats.

Pretty much sums up my week...

link   
Double.

Bottom of the hour...

Has this ever happened before, on ATS?

Do I still get T-Shirt points?

Baffling....

edit on 21-6-2019 by madmac5150 because: Sheesh

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I'm doing the same thing I do every night,
Trying to take over the wor..
Sorry. Lame inside joke lol.
PG-13 eh?
Kids are in bed. Dogs walked.
Im currently enjoying a "left-handed cigarette" whilst listening to the soothing sounds of Ernest Ranglin and catching up on some reading.
It's a quiet Friday in my corner of Chicago so I'm enjoying the relative peace while it lasts.
Hope everyone is doing all right out there in Conspiracy Land.

edit on 23Fri, 21 Jun 2019 23:34:33 -0500pmvAmerica/ChicagoFridayb20196America/Chicago by Gravelbone because: Typo

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
N. Idaho here.

Rolling Rock beer.

We just spotted a feral cat on the property (near our birds), so my wife is out baiting traps.

We also have a pack of coyotes in close to the property tonight... the alpacas are nervous. The horses haven't freaked out, so I haven't bothered loading the shotgun quite yet...

We also have baby goats.

I'll mirror your post.

Minnesota here.

Beer, Scotch and other drinks(been digging these cayman jack maragaritas I get at the local store)

No animal sightings(just bugs, big bugs(june bugs)), No wife to bait traps(if I did, she'd just be setting them to bait me).

No livestock to worry about(I don't even have a dog, can't even care for myself most of the time).

But that does pretty much sum up my average week....

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gravelbone

I'm doing the same thing I do every night,
Trying to take over the wor..
Sorry. Lame inside joke lol.
PG-13 eh?
Kids are in bed. Dogs walked.
Im currently enjoying a "left-handed cigarette" whilst listening to the soothing sounds of Ernest Ranglin and catching up on some reading.
It's a quiet Friday in my corner of Chicago so I'm enjoying the relative peace while it lasts.
Hope everyone is doing all right out there in Conspiracy Land.

What are you reading?

ETA: Also, didn't think there was such a thing as a "quiet friday in my corner of chicago".

edit on 21-6-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I couldn't imagine being snowbound in the US.

Pizza(for me), doctor who reruns, liquor and dreams of nice summer weather and outdoor fun.

nothing wrong with those choices

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

I couldn't imagine being snowbound in the US.

Pizza(for me), doctor who reruns, liquor and dreams of nice summer weather and outdoor fun.

nothing wrong with those choices

Last winter we got like 4 feet in 3 weeks up here. It was demoralizing. I'm surprised I actually lived to see this summer(in the end, i was wearing like 4 pairs of wool socks and was still freezing everyday. Couldn't feel my left foot for days).

I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I have nothing to say

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
I have nothing to say

Yet, you said all you had to say.......

You have chosen....poorly.....drink from the grail now.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
drink from the grail now.

Anything but Rolling Rock

edit on 21-6-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Well, share your drink of choice then. You've obviously found something that doesn't cause you to age a thousand years in 10 seconds and render you into a pile of dusty bones in the corner of an ancient cave.

Seriously, I just want to know so I don't make the mistake and end up that way myself.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Well, share your drink of choice then

No Blue Moon either.

You have all pertinent information now.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 11:59 PM
link   

N. Idaho here.

Rolling Rock beer.

We also have baby goats.

I'll mirror your post.

Minnesota here.

Beer, Scotch and other drinks(been digging these cayman jack maragaritas I get at the local store)

No animal sightings(just bugs, big bugs(june bugs)), No wife to bait traps(if I did, she'd just be setting them to bait me).

No livestock to worry about(I don't even have a dog, can't even care for myself most of the time).

Feral cats and coyotes make for a slow week... here at Rancho Insano..

Last week, it was a bobcat at 0-dark-stupid in the morning. The horses let me know about that one.

We have a local deer (a yearling buck) that frequents our back hillside... and freaks out the goats when he visits... pretty much, every day.

We have a large mountain lion in the area (it attacked one of our horses last year, he still has the scars... and street cred.)

We have bears. We have moose. We have lions.

Idaho is a nightmare, I may never sleep again.

I absolutely love it...

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 12:03 AM
link   

N. Idaho here.

Rolling Rock beer.

We also have baby goats.

I'll mirror your post.

Minnesota here.

Last week, it was a bobcat at 0-dark-stupid in the morning. The horses let me know about that one.

We have a local deer (a yearling buck) that frequents our back hillside... and freaks out the goats when he visits... pretty much, every day.

We have a large mountain lion in the area (it attacked one of our horses last year, he still has the scars... and street cred.)

I absolutely love it...

Well we do have a lot of cougar sightings around my neck lately.

Though I did laugh when the DNR posted that you should stand tall and make noise if encountered, but NOT TO SHOOT THEM. Which seemed a little bit of a contradiction(basically if you are being attacked, stand tall and scare them, but don't shoot them).

Sorry, but If It's threatening me, I'll pull my concealed and mag dump. Endangered or otherwise.

That's about the worst we have here.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   

N. Idaho here.

Rolling Rock beer.

We also have baby goats.

I'll mirror your post.

Minnesota here.

I absolutely love it...

Though I did laugh when the DNR posted that you should stand tall and make noise if encountered, but NOT TO SHOOT THEM. Which seemed a little bit of a contradiction(basically if you are being attacked, stand tall and scare them, but don't shoot them).

Sorry, but If It's threatening me, I'll pull my concealed and mag dump. Endangered or otherwise.

We know of at least two large mountain lions in this area, from neighbor sightings along with our own. There is a small pack of wolves, locally; we don't really worry about them, until fire season.

We spotted a large bobcat last week, (thanks to the horses, for the heads up)... near the goat pens... and, we have baby goats.

That's why I call this place "Rancho Insano"...
edit on 22-6-2019 by madmac5150 because: Math

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   

N. Idaho here.

Rolling Rock beer.

We also have baby goats.

I'll mirror your post.

Minnesota here.

I absolutely love it...

We know of at least two large mountain lions in this area, from neighbor sightings along with our own. There is a small pack of wolves, locally; we don't really worry about them, until fire season.

We spotted a large bobcat last week, near the goat pens... and, we have baby goats.

But don't sell youself short in earning that designation....

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   

N. Idaho here.

Rolling Rock beer.

We also have baby goats.

I'll mirror your post.

Minnesota here.

I absolutely love it...

We spotted a large bobcat last week, near the goat pens... and, we have baby goats.

But don't sell youself short in earning that designation....

Here, in the Northern Rockies... it's a badge of honor. 7 years here, and I still haven't lost my mind. Well, I haven't lost ALL of it...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join