It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellowstone TV series - you should check it out!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Last year Paramount released a TV series with Kevin Costner about a very large cattle ranch in Montana that is directly opposed to the local Indian reservation (who wants to steal the cattle and also reclaim the land in the entire valley) and billionaire land developers from the coasts. The ranch has been owned by a "wealthy" (rich in land - maybe not so much cash rich) family that founded the city of Boozeman over 100+ years ago. The patriarch of the family, Costner, has 4 children who are involved in the ranch in one way or another and they are both a source of problems and the solutions to many of the problems the ranch is facing.

There is a lot of drama and tension in this show and I think it is one of the better TV shows that has been made in the last decade. It seems like the family and even the reservation are cursed as there is a lot of death and destruction as the factions face off. There's also a large part of the story that revolves around the operation of the ranch and the "cowboys" who work there, which they did a very good job of creating back story and intrigue into these smaller part characters.

I was surprised that there didn't seem to be a lot of PC culture intertwined into this show, which is a very nice change. The first season is 9 episodes, the first one is a double episode so it's basically 10 55-60 minute episodes and you get to see lots of beautiful scenery and wildlife throughout.

I have to wonder why this show didn't get more recognition when it was released and I would think it was one of the best shows released that year and it seems the new season is on track to be just as good as the first episode was just released a couple days ago. I'd suggest anyone who likes drama's to check this out, especially if you are tired of all the PC culture being thrown at you in other shows.

Now it does seem like they are making out the patriarch to be a bad guy (he seems to be a "WASP" - so there is that..) but they do make a very strong effort to make the audience sympathetic to him and his positions.

Has anyone seen this show and if so, what did you think of it?

edit on 6 21 2019 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Been thinking about checking it out. Thanks.

Plot sounds a lot like 'The Son' with Pierce Brosnan on AMC.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

It's a good show. Pretty over the top, but a good show. The Son, although more of a period piece, is also pretty good. Yellowstone moves at a faster pace, but both are quite enjoyable.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Been thinking about checking it out. Thanks.

Plot sounds a lot like 'The Son' with Pierce Brosnan on AMC.

Yeah it is a little bit. I like Yellowstone a lot more for some reason I think it really moves along faster. I've only seen a couple episodes of the current season of "The Son" and it just didn't make me feel like I "can't wait" until the next episode like Yellowstone did - YS is more edge of your seat type show IMO.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
a reply to: IAMTAT

It's a good show. Pretty over the top, but a good show. The Son, although more of a period piece, is also pretty good. Yellowstone moves at a faster pace, but both are quite enjoyable.

Wow, I think we have similar tastes. I didn't see your post b4 posting my response and it seems we have the same feeling.

I'd like to talk about it more but it's so good I don't want to give spoilers away, b/c there are a lot of things that come out of no where at times!

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Oh thats awesome you like it. One of my good friends worked on that show out here in Utah. I haven't watched it yet but i plan to.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I like the show a lot. It really reveals a lot of what goes on behind the scenes. Plus who doesn't like a good "modern" western?

top topics

join