It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: New potentially habitable exoplanet found around Teegarden's star

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel
a reply to: Gothmog

That's assuming we understand all the laws of physics, which I highly doubt we do.

We understand enough

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Miccey
1: Traveling at 1c in a standard forum is a NO GO.
Need another method...

2: More important, ive heard, red dwarf emit flares like CRAAAAAZY...
So it might be "alive" for the 5th time, or even 100....

There are (smart) people who think that the technology of going faster than 1c already excist. One of these people who should know and had to do with advanced propulsion technoly was Ben Rich, a director of lockheeds skunk works. He once said to a ordinairy public that we have the technology to bring ET home. Of course you can bring ET home with a bicycle, it will take some time once propelled into the right direction but that was not what he was refering to. I have always considered it the ultimate reward a civilliasation can get if it can survive itself...and nature ..and able to develp technoly to visit the other end of the universe. It is a kind of survival of the fitest on a planetairy scale.

Why would the universe be created so large if the second most wonderful creation...intelligent life.. can not appreciate what is created for them to the fullest extent. The speed of light should not be considered as a dead end...it is just the fastest stuff we can observe at this time. Laws are created around this assumption, laws that work but that should not prevent scientist to dream and speculate beyond that "dead end".

Unfortunately I am afraid that those in power and should lead our species are simple minded greedy psychopaths and responsible for obstructing the wellbeing and growth of every soul on our planet. Maybe that these representatives of our species confirm that we are not ready for this ultimate reward..

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join