It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Universe Might Be Trapped Inside An Enormous Black Hole!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: watchandwait410

Well... relax... it IS likely a delusion of some sort as some folks, reportedly, are okay in this world and report feeling a "oneness" of consciousness... whew.

Even IF we're already in a hell - and sure, it seems like it sometimes- it is certainly NOT all your fault. My solipsism supersedes yours at the least. Can a being you made up in your head be as brilliant as I am?

Humans can be loving, clever, creative, noble and hygienic ... but we are also too frequently confused, scared, violently mean, smelly a-holes.... so we're weird contradictions and if some god (or God) made us that way, it can't get all snitty and banish us due to it's own design flaws ...

plus, if anything, "falling" was a group effort.

Smile.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Key word: might.

It might be sitting on the back of a giant turtle, too.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Well, that would explain why our universe is expanding. No need for dark matter.

If our black hole universe is growing and the event horizon is expanding for whatever reason (perhaps it's an active supermassive black hole), then our universe would expand with it.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Actually, that would have to be stretched across the event horizon of a black hole and only expressed as the low dimensional interaction of diffraction patterns of matter imposed upon a higher dimensional super-reality.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
Does this mean Uranus doesn't have to be the butt of all space jokes now?

...I'll see myself out.

Scientists got tired of that old joke and renamed it.

It's called Urectum now.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
Key word: might.

It might be sitting on the back of a giant turtle, too.

Well, sure, but there's some actual sense to black holes containing their own "universes." Although when considering reality at this level, maybe "sense" is not necessarily the order of the day.

We know some things about how black holes work. Not much, but some. We know mass and energy go in them. We know essentially nothing about what happens beyond the event horizon.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I always thought perhaps the Big Bang was a black hole in reverse.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I watched a video on Youtube where they talked about the idea that our universe exists as a 3d brane orbiting around a giant 5d black hole. The video's about VSL(Variable Speed of Light) Cosmology. The general idea is that what we see as inflation isn't really inflation, rather the speed of light changes and makes it look like the universe inflated. The proposed mechanism is that the speed of light in our 3d universe changes as the universe get closer to and further away from black hole in its orbit.

There are some other good videos on that channel for those interested in his kind of stuff. The one with Roger Penrose about his Conformal Cyclic Cosmology theory in particular is very good.

ETA: The specific part of the video about our universe being a 3d brane orbiting a 5d black hole is around 19 minutes in.
edit on 18-6-2019 by Roxxo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
Link

Anyway it is pretty cool and I hope it is true because then it is impossible for there not to be other intelligent life in the Universe and beyond... I really don't get how people can actually not believe in aliens.

Can you be more specific on the 'aliens' part? Belief? Coming here? In some extremely distant part? In our Solar System?

I can tell you, there is no reason for them to hide. Since they're not evident they're not coming here, and the Universe looks more and more like the most perfect planetary quarantine possible. Time, distance, cold, near vacuum, radiation, fields, micro-meteoroids, and time sync.

HTH

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
Does this mean Uranus doesn't have to be the butt of all space jokes now?

...I'll see myself out.

Scientists got tired of that old joke and renamed it.

It's called Urectum now.

Supercollider? I barely know her!

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
Link

Well I said it over a decade ago and now it may be true.

Over ten years ago I sort of went a little crazy and one of the beliefs was that the Universe was inside a enormous blackhole. I had no proof but I knew it was true. I just didn't know the specifics.

The scary thing is what if some of the other stuff I said was true... I mean some of what I thought was pretty out of it but there may be a bit of truth in that craziness I was spewing. Oh and some of the stuff was very scary and I hope is not true. I am still scared to think about it let alone talk about it.

Anyway it is pretty cool and I hope it is true because then it is impossible for there not to be other intelligent life in the Universe and beyond... I really don't get how people can actually not believe in aliens.

Ah, yes, the good ole' confirmation bias.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join