It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeremy Corbyn challenges UK government's Iran accusations on oil tanker attacks

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   
The title says it's all if I'm to be honest...

Jeremy Corbyn has questioned whether the government has "credible evidence" to show Iran is behind the attacks on two oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman.

Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt said responsibility for Thursday's attacks "almost certainly" lies with the Iranian regime.

But the Labour leader tweeted that there was no evidence for this.

Mr Hunt responded that Mr Corbyn's comments were "pathetic" and said he should back British intelligence.

Corbyn's tweet

News Link

So it's one potential leader questioning another, quite frankly I question this "evidence" too. Seriously, maybe it's some brilliant ruse but Iranians were the first responders in the scene, to save lives. Maybe they did do this but I believe the British public, and the world deserve to see that evidence.

edit on 15-6-2019 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2019 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2019 by RAY1990 because: Mods can you tidy this up?

edit on 6/15/2019 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Jeremy Corbyn may have his flaws (many flaws) but at least he willing to call out obvious deceptions like this. Good on him.

As for Mr Hunt, we all know what his name rhymes with.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

And he's looking to being the PM 4 UK?

With his record the UK will end up a satellite state of Iran.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 04:27 AM
link   

The 'evidence' is a grainy video of Iran removing a limpet mine is not evidence Iran placed it there - Hunt is parroting the US line that 'it's so sophisticated no other nation could be behind it other than Iran, despite rebel groups in the area having conducted several similar attacks in recent months.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 04:27 AM
link   

The 'evidence' is a grainy video of Iran removing a limpet mine is not evidence Iran placed it there - Hunt is parroting the US line that 'it's so sophisticated no other nation could be behind it other than Iran, despite rebel groups in the area having conducted several similar attacks in recent months.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Good , the timing of the "attack" and recovery of the alleged unexploded mine makes no sense , Iran would know the ships were under observation so using an Iranian boat to recover the mine at 4 pm in daylight makes absolutely no sense.

America is being pushed toward war by Dark Forces with a vested interest in a conflict.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

And he's looking to being the PM 4 UK?

With his record the UK will end up a satellite state of Iran.

Quoting this just for the humour...

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

Admittedly the recent developments are new, brand new... Seems sophisticated too.

Who did the attacks?

I want evidence, not finger pointing.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   

The Houthi's have been using drones with mines attached in their ongoing conflict with Saudi oil infrastructure (admitted responsibility for the attacks) which if alleged eye-witness reports of drones flying before the attack are true appear to be the most likely culprits. Most of the equipment can be brought 'off the shelf' for very cheap.

I'd say a torpedo attack would be highly sophisticated, but explosives with a couple of magnets attacked that caused minimal damage (or failed to go off in the case of the recovered mine) seems amateur to me.

Personal thought are Oman may be behind it as they have the most to gain from ongoing geo-political conflicts and currently the US is debating whether to ban arms-exports to their main rivals.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

originally posted by: bastion

Admittedly the recent developments are new, brand new... Seems sophisticated too.

Who did the attacks?

I want evidence, not finger pointing.

Saudi Arabia? Israel? Turkey? Iran? Five Eyes? Russia?

Pick a number.

There are too many players with vested interests in the area to come to a definitive conclusion right now but the whole thing reeks of false flag and I for one am getting sick of the lies.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

Quoting this just for the humour...

Hmmn..... Whats the saying again? He who laughs last ......?

Seem to remember another comedian of the same ilk talking about WMD's

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Personal thought are Oman may be behind it as they have the most to gain from ongoing geo-political conflicts and currently the US is debating whether to ban arms-exports to their main rivals.

I missed Oman. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

A torpedo isn't a sophisticated piece of technology, hell I could make one and I'm not the sharpest lightbulb in the draw.

I'd also like to think an organised group that's capable of war wouldn't find it hard to train a bunch of people how to dive. Again, I could learn that.

I don't think it was Iran, that's just opinion though.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Do you honestly think it's even reasonable to suggest that the UK is a puppet of a hated organisation/nation or would be because ya know?

Corbyn?

Be reasonable, I am. As is so is Corbyn... I'm not a fan of politicians though, I often feel they're comedians in the wrong field.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Not the only one- Japanese president of company Kokuka Sangyo that owned one of the ships -
A Mr Yutaka Kakada said his ship Kokaka Courageous was infact hit by a torpedo above the water line.

CNBC.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Another demonstration why Corbyn is unfit to lead the country. Not that he questions things, which I think he absolutely should do, but how he goes about it.

The Shadow Foreign Affairs spokesman on the radio earlier was defending Corbyn (as you would expect) by basically implying Iran would never do such a thing and the UK are stoking war by suggesting that the evidence points to Iran. How dare the UK take a position which points an accusing finger.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Another demonstration why Corbyn is unfit to lead the country.

You would rather he jumped on the band wagon like Hunt ?

Grainy footage of people on a boat is not evidence of anything , the attack was timed to cause Iran maximum embarrassment with the attack on a Japanese ship while Shinzō Abe was in the country trying to broker a peaceful solution , something the real suspect want to fail , why should we point the finger without the evidence to do so.

If it looks like a false flag and smells like a false flag the likelihood is it is a false flag.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
You would rather he jumped on the band wagon like Hunt ?

It's the way Corbyn does this type of thing. Anyway, he does not have access to the intelligence so cannot make a judgement on the evidence presented. The Foreign Secretary has said there is compelling evidence, and doubtless more will be released in time. Corbyn has continually questions this type of thing, be it the Russian attacks in Salisbury or how nice the IRA are.

The continuous accusation of "false flag" is just ludicrous. It's the mantra of lazy cynicism and a disbelief that there are nasty people out there, apart from the CIA and Israelis.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

The Foreign Secretary has said there is compelling evidence, and doubtless more will be released in time.

The Foreign Secretary has political ambition and is in the race to be PM , this over-extension is likely part of that ambition.
Personally I think he's a Muppet but there you go.

The continuous accusation of "false flag" is just ludicrous. It's the mantra of lazy cynicism and a disbelief that there are nasty people out there, apart from the CIA and Israelis.

Just as ridiculous as the mobile WMD factories false flag that led to the Iraq war.

Yeah let's do that again on the bidding of others in the region.
You think Iran would send people in at 4 in the afternoon on an Iranian boat to recover unexploded ordinance so they could be filmed doing it , Really ?
edit on 15-6-2019 by gortex because: spelling

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

Not the only one- Japanese president of company Kokuka Sangyo that owned one of the ships -
A Mr Yutaka Kakada said his ship Kokaka Courageous was infact hit by a torpedo above the water line.

CNBC.com...

Chaos doesn't write such coincidences. Point being, it seems fortuitous the timing... For some anyways

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join