It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All eyes on John McAfee

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
mobile.twitter.com...

welp... this happened in the last 24hr

Tweet:

I've collected files on corruption in governments. For the first time, I'm naming names and specifics. I'll begin with a corrupt CIA agent and two Bahamian officials. Coming today. If I'm arrested or disappear, 31+ terrabytes of incriminating data will be released to the press.

And, hes been on a bit of a roll ever since. Outing a CIA agent who tried to have him "unlawfully collected" and more...

My opinion is I think it is interesting and nothing more. I don't know much about this guy.

edit on 10/6/2019 by ArMaP because: removed emojis from the title.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
I don't know much about this guy.

He is wanted for murder and is into 'scat'

Not trying to discount whatever info he may or may not have, or if it is true.

The giuy is a bit of a psycho, is all I'm saying.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I know he was being chased by authorities at one time -- I believe for murder charges -- and I believe he threatened to run for president at some too... let's see what I can find real quick.

John McAfee is 'liable' for 2012 death of Belize neighbour, rules court

Infosec personality John McAfee has been found legally "liable" via a default judgment for the death of his neighbour, who was found dead from a gunshot wound to the head in his Belize home in 2012.

The ruling (PDF) was made yesterday in a Florida district court as part of a five-year legal battle by Gregory Faull’s estate against McAfee, who spent some time living in Belize before his neighbour’s demise.

So it was a civil suit, not a criminal trial. And apparently MacAfee did not participate at all -- no motions, fillings, etc.

As we reported in November 2012: “Faull, who was last seen alive on Saturday night, filed a formal complaint on Wednesday against McAfee over the latter man's ‘roguish behavior,’ his habit of firing off guns, and his poor management of his dogs.”

When local cops searched McAfee’s home, wanting to question the one-time software developer over his neighbour’s demise, Mac was nowhere to be found. He duly turned up in neighbouring Guatemala some weeks later, having entered the country illegally (by his own admission), and attempted to claim political asylum. The Guatemalans gave him short shrift and Mac eventually wound up back in the United States.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

31+ terrabytes of incriminating data

That's an awful lot of incriminating data.

Not sure if Mr McAfee has what he says he has but I think his motivation is purely personal , is he still a wanted man ?

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Looking at your linked article, it appears that he is not a wanted criminal and only lost the civil case due to his disappearance.

Is it possible the neighbor getting killed was meant to be him? Thus, he took off and hid?

Interesting developments. Thank you for sharing since I was led to believe he was running from a murder charge.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
He's wanted for something worse than murder .... tax fraud.

The US government’s Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has convened a grand jury to lay down charges against John and Janice McAfee, together with four members of his 2020 US presidential election campaign. McAfee responded sternly to the charges. He claimed the US government was deliberately targeting him as “one of the tallest trees in the forest”.

“Today, the IRS has convened a grand jury in the state of Tennessee to charge myself, my wife Mrs McAfee, and four of my campaign workers with unspecified crimes of a felonious nature.” Although the IRS have not revealed details of the charges, it is understood they relate to several millions of dollars in unpaid taxes backdated to 2010.
www.express.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

All eyes on John McAfee

Just another rich eccentric self entitled clown. He should run for POTUS.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
lot of folks seem to want to dismiss his claims because he is way more than a little nuts... but it could also be he is crazy enough to have collected information on corruption and actually release it.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Looking at your linked article, it appears that he is not a wanted criminal and only lost the civil case due to his disappearance.

Is it possible the neighbor getting killed was meant to be him? Thus, he took off and hid?

I wondered the same thing. Or could McAfee have been fleeing the killers and ran to his neighbor's property, getting the neighbor killed in the process? The most recent article I've found so far says McAfee is a "person of interest" in the murder.

Interesting developments. Thank you for sharing since I was led to believe he was running from a murder charge.

You're welcome. I pulled these up as well, but haven't had a chance to read them yet. If you're interested:

John McAfee Says Violent Cartels Are Out to Get Him—And His Wife Was in on It (Newsweek May 2017)

McAfee claims that he hacked into Belize government records and that cartels are now working through his wife's former pimp to have him kidnapped.

The rise, and fall, and rise of John McAfee, from tech pioneer to 'person of interest' in a murder case overseas to presidential candidate (ABC Nov 2017)

There are many different versions of security software founder John McAfee. He has gone from being known as a multimillionaire tech legend, to making headlines as a "person of interest" in a mysterious killing in Belize, to launching new tech companies, to running to become a presidential candidate, to living in rural Tennessee. The one constant these days is his state of mind -- his belief that people are after him.

John McAfee says he’s on the run again – this time from the US government (UK Independent May 2018)

'If you think that an agency of the US government would not stoop to assassination, kidnapping, threats, then what are you smoking?'

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
lot of folks seem to want to dismiss his claims because he is way more than a little nuts... but it could also be he is crazy enough to have collected information on corruption and actually release it.

Yup! Could be crazy like a fox...

And if he's already got everything to lose, then yeah.

ETA: Or maybe he's got nothing to lose anymore? In which case, same principle still applies.
edit on 10-6-2019 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
They say that there's a thin line between genius and insanity. I feel like McAfee straddles that line. No one can ever take his brilliant programming contributions away from him. At the same time, I feel like he has been displaying some serious signs of schizophrenia for a while now.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Not sure if Mr McAfee has what he says he has but I think his motivation is purely personal , is he still a wanted man ?

Yea, that's more data than Julian Assange's dead mans switch files... McAfee is a tough one for me.. I truly believe he believes what he's saying, but I also am not 100% sure he's all there.. If he's got info, i would hope he would share it. Getting rid of corrupted officials should be wanted on both sides of the aisle. I do think he should release the files encrypted, then all he has to do is release the key if anything happens. that way the data cant just disappear.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

He seems to be very active on Twitter and doesn't seem to be bothered by the "wanted man" status.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Guessing that will happen especially when you call them out and ask for it!

Millionaire anti-virus software tycoon John McAfee unleashed a barrage of criticism of the IRS in a series of tweets Thursday and bragged that he has not filed a tax return in eight years. "I have not filed a tax return for 8 years," McAfee wrote before calling taxes illegal and complaining about government services. He noted that he lives off the money made from McAfee Inc. - the company he founded and resigned from in 1994 - and called himself a "prime target" for the IRS before writing "Here I am."

Source Link

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Like a lot of brilliant people, MacAfee has some issues with personality disorders and/or addiction. But at least one can say few people in government know as well as MacAfee knows, exactly how technology works. Hell, MacAfee probably wrote a lot the original computer viruses -- which is how the anti-virus product industry came about. Like Assange he's a hacker and a rebel.

So while MacAfee may not have as good a hand as he's representing -- he's representing a full-house, basically -- he's still got a shot at the pot. At least, he'll want his lost bets to benefit someone with a rebel spirit like his own. Should be interesting to watch, just in case he's really got the "nuts" (to use a poker terminology).

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Let's bear in mind that if the TPTB can't shut you up you through the IRS, they'll bury you with a sex crime.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

One of the biggest names in the crypto ecosystem, John McAfee, has announced that his new cryptocurrency debit card will be privacy and anonymity-focused.

Earlier this month, McAfee posted a tweet claiming that he just completed his first functional transaction using his cryptocurrency debit card by scanning the code on the back with his wallet and transferring Bitcoin to buy drinks for his development team.

“When I suggested in my last tweet that naysayers saying the scan code on the back of my Bitcoin Visa card was not even real, should just try sending Bitcoins and see — sure as heck, the BTC started arriving. I insist on this stop. Already the IRS hates me.”

Source Link

Perhaps, his paranoia from past drug addiction has made him come to believe he will Ghadaffi'ed? Not because of his past but because of what his personal agenda is for the future in anonymous financing?

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

My apologies -- I was trying to respond to another poster and hit your "reply" by mistake!

I think that's actually a first for me

edit on 10-6-2019 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Perhaps, his paranoia from past drug addiction has made him come to believe he will Ghadaffi'ed? Not because of his past but because of what his personal agenda is for the future in anonymous financing?

That makes sense. Drugs could include pharmaceuticals -- psychiatric drugs -- as well, not just illegal drugs.

He has definitely managed to get himself right in the middle of several questionable and very sensitive areas. Starting with the antivirus programs. Am I overthinking that he would likewise have the skills to get past other antivirus or protection programs? The cryptocurrency is news to me, and with the push to go cashless (and therefore trackable), anonymous financing won't go over well... although I sure like the sound of it!

Is it paranoia if it's true? Or perhaps he is paranoid, albeit for good reason. He would seem to be in a position to attain much sensitive information.

My gut is telling me there's truth to his claims. But I don't know if I trust him either.

Not long ago I heard he was supporting Julian Assange. Could there be more to that than we know?

I really don't know what all to think at this point. Just kinda thinking out loud.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
So, maybe his antivirus was actually a Trojan horse? I think that it's a stroke of genius if it is the case.

I would love to read what he collected. I am sure that his company collected lots of stuff when they eradicated virus from big servers, keeping info in case the fix screwed up some data inadvertently.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join