It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IAEA Iran 6 to 8 months away from having nuclear weapons .

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: CriticalStinker

You’re playing word games your intent was clear . So here you go .

Iranian nuclear capability is not our (or at least mine,or my countries) concern

Do you feel the same way about Israel ?

I'm not playing word games. You're trying to frame my position for me.

I have said many times I don't think we have any business telling Israel, Iran, or any other country what to do past words unless we're attacked.

It's real simple, I'm consistent.

Israel has every right to exist, they have their right to protect themselves how they see fit... But I don't think my country is obligated to do that with them. They're an incredibly capable country.
edit on 6-6-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

I think you meant gave the world nuclear weapons again...

To quote Oppenheimer (the father of the atomic bomb)...

While he was giving a lecture at Rochester University, during the question and answer period a student asked a question to which Oppenheimer gave a strangely qualified answer:

Student: “Was the bomb exploded at Alamogordo during the Manhattan Project the first one to be detonated?

Dr. Oppenheimer: “Well — yes. In modern times, of course.

I offer you... a rabbit hole.

That's a fascinating quote. What do you think he meant?

Obviously that before man invented fire they created centrifuges and turned Uranium into fuel to heat their hovels.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I can’t see the US or our allies allowing Iran to have nuclear weapons and intercontinental ballistic missiles. Nor do I see Iran giving them up without a fight .

Gawd forbid them from having their own self-determination, like we strive for like history cant compare, gawd damn anyone try to be free (of the "Land of the Free"). Gawd damn them I say! Turn em into a glass parking lot already. I mean FFS if Iran never existed then Reagan couldnt have had that pesky Iran-Contra Scandal tarnish his record. Oh, wait, everyone ignores that bit. Perhaps Iranians can go on existing then? I'm so scared and confused, now.

So what you’re saying is.

The world will be a safer place if Iran has nuclear intercontinental ballistic missiles .

Makes perfect sense . SMH

The world would be a safer place is humans werent one giant gaggle of raging hypocrites. And we're hands down over and out the most ragingist of raging hypocrites the world has ever seen.

Which ironically enough the world has been a safer place (especially for US [the point for stopping people like Iran from being safe(from US)]) since we invented nukes (well except for the Japanese as we're the only humans to ever nuke other humans).

edit on 7-6-2019 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Israel has every right to exist,

DO THEY??

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 03:16 AM
link   

DO THEY??

You are the re-incarnation of Adolf and I claim my 72 virgins.

If anyone were to Nuke Isreal, it would bring the worst wrath ever seen. The Jews have been persecuted enough, its started happening again in Germany.

Do you think people would stand by and let the Jewish people be massacred again.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 04:17 AM
link   
"Former", as in no longer part of, now taking donations from those countries that want an excuse to attack Iran.

Fake news, fake title.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I'd forgotten that the navy had gotten rid of their nuke-capable--they did other stuff too, obviously--aircraft.

That does raise the question of whether the carriers would carry nukes now...

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   
All of these pages of this thread bickering back and forth.

I'm betting USA goes to war with Iran within the year. Bombs and death.

They will say it's because Iran has nukes and is a threat to the world.

But the real reason is, they need to keep the war machine oiled, and rake in more cash, and continue to take a strangle hold over the area of the world rich in resources, as if North America does not have enough already.

Beat China and Russia to it, sure I guess.

Huge, massive war incoming 2019.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   

DO THEY??

As much as the US does. We're less than 200 years older.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
"Former", as in no longer part of, now taking donations from those countries that want an excuse to attack Iran.

Fake news, fake title.

You raise an interesting point.

The former employee in question, Olli Heinonenx is now a senior adviser to the Foundation for Defense of Democracies. The FDD is a think tank, and anyone here is welcome to look into their agendas.

I personally take this claim with less credibility now.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

IAEA reports show he's way off the mark. The Iranians have only 300lb of Uranium 3.6, they'd need 50x that amount to build a couple of bombs, www.iaea.org...

Enrichment infrastructure is currently 22 -30 centrifuges all IAEA sealed. They'd need to build 1000x the current number of centrifuges to enrich the amount required to make a bomb within nine months. Then they'd have to perfect implosion detination (months - years) and delivery system (very far along on if not complete already)

link   
dbl

edit on 7-6-2019 by bastion because: (no reason given)

link   

link   

link   

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

IAEA reports show he's way off the mark. The Iranians have only 300lb of Uranium 3.6, they'd need 50x that amount to build a couple of bombs, www.iaea.org...

Enrichment infrastructure is currently 22 -30 centrifuges all IAEA sealed. They'd need to build 1000x the current number of centrifuges to enrich the amount required to make a bomb within nine months. Then they'd have to perfect implosion detination (months - years) and delivery system (very far along on if not complete already)

Yeah this is false. AP reports they're still spinning thousands of older centrifuges. The small number of centrifuges the IAEA is talking about there are the newer ones.

Under the atomic accord, Iran has been limited to operating 5,060 older-model IR-1 centrifuges.

Also, the terms of the deal allowed them to keep 13,000 more centrifuges, they're just shut down. They could put them back in operation in a very short amount of time.

And this is all assuming that's all they have, which because of the awful deal there are no guarentees. A big problem with the deal is that it lets THEM dictate to US where we can inspect. So they could have other centrifuges at another facility and we wouldn't even know because it was such a weak joke of a deal. If you caught your kid doing drugs and you told them you were gonna search their room weekly to make sure they're staying clean but they told you you could only look in certain drawers, does that sound reasonable or even slightly effective to you?
edit on 7 6 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Let's roll the dice.

Lets go blow the crap out of Iran, make lots of the blood thirsty citizens here happy, and see what the payback to the US is.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Who are we (USA) to dictate who should and should not have nuclear capabilities? We have created, detonated, and used more nukes than every other country on the planet combined. We are the global aggressor. We are about to step foot into another sovereign country to destroy them, with nukes as the excuse. We have a larger military and budget than every other country on the planet. We have the CIA, NSA etc with full capability to silence and shut down their nuclear program real quick and easy, but no, it will be a big ol' war complete with unnecessary deaths of thousands of civilians so people can profit from it.

Argue about centrifuges. Sound like a dummy.

You know what is really going on.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: sincerelyme
Who are we (USA) to dictate who should and should not have nuclear capabilities? We have created, detonated, and used more nukes than every other country on the planet combined. We are the global aggressor. We are about to step foot into another sovereign country to destroy them, with nukes as the excuse. We have a larger military and budget than every other country on the planet. We have the CIA, NSA etc with full capability to silence and shut down their nuclear program real quick and easy, but no, it will be a big ol' war complete with unnecessary deaths of thousands of civilians so people can profit from it.

Argue about centrifuges. Sound like a dummy.

You know what is really going on.

Typical post of the uninformed. Oh the evil US has no right? Good thing it's not the US. It's an international treaty--that Iran signed--called the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons. Look it up.

And actually centrifuges are rather important to this discussion. Why do people come into these topics uninformed and then spout off like they know anything? Wherever you get your news, they've been leaving you woefully unprepared to take on these topics.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: sincerelyme

No using logic please. It's time to get the fighting going again.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join