It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IAEA Iran 6 to 8 months away from having nuclear weapons .

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
a reply to: Fallingdown

Ironic that the US (with the aid of Nazi scientists) gave the world nuclear weapons, why the hell should anyone else even listen to them?

The course of insanity was already set

originally posted by: face23785
This can't be right. When Netanyahu warned that lousy "deal" left Iran with a short breakout time to the bomb, Obama and Co. said he didn't know what he was talking about.

It was never a good deal. It was a disaster. A bunch of empty suits negotiated it.

You believed Nutty-Yahoo?

The Nazi scientists were barking up the wrong tree.

The English collected together scientists who did most of the brain work but they didn't have resourcing to make it happen, so they collaborated with the US, who built the facilities in the US, then classified all the access to bar the Brits from everything and then cast them adrift.

Look at how fast the Brits got their own nuclear program, though, even after the privations of the second world war.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Well, the anti-American, anti-Constitutional, leftist asstards must be giddy with joy!

Wonder what they'll say when Israel gets nuked?

Will they celebrate or celebrate?

(grumbles about a bunch of god-damned leftist douches)

You have developed some serious issues.

Have you started twitching/ranting in the corner yet?

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
Fake news: IAEA released a report last week saying Iran are making no efforts to develop a nuke and are still following the anti-nuclear proliferation treaty.

uk.reuters.com...

Maybe I am missing something, but that link you gave says nothing about them not developing nuclear weapons. It states they are enriching uranium to within the guidelines of the agreement. Maybe you should reread it with an open mind. It states they are staying within the limits of the agreement. What are the official limits is a question that needs to be asked?

I do not know if the OP is correct, but I know that the article you linked does not disprove it.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Iraq is about the same size as NJ and size of population. Iran is about the same size of California and population. Iran has over 12 factories capable of making weapon's grade aluminum tubing needed for making centrifuges. The only way to stop the Iranians from getting a nuclear weapon is by a massive bombing program of genocide.

Going to war against Iran is nuts. Israel is just going to have to live with political parity in the ME. If the US participates in the genocide of the Iranian people it will be the greatest travesty in our history.

How Many Millions Have Been Killed in America’s Post-9/11 Wars? Part 3: Libya, Syria, Somalia and Yemen

How many millions of innocent woman and children have to die before Israel feels safe?????

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

The problem with your inflation chart is it doesn't take into account the amount people spend on items show in the graph. For example, bubble gum dropping in price is not as meaningful as housing cost rising to the point where everyone is now making a poverty wage.

edit on 6-6-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Well, the anti-American, anti-Constitutional, leftist asstards must be giddy with joy!
Wonder what they'll say when Israel gets nuked?
Will they celebrate or celebrate?
(grumbles about a bunch of god-damned leftist douches)

I would not be happy if anyone gets nuked. However, I prefer we put America first over every other country including Israel. We are broke. We have 700+ foreign military bases all over the World. It's time to put America first and rebuild our country's greatness. Where's the tax base going to come from the finance the military if everyone is working for fast-food wages? We need good paying jobs that provide livable wages.

This country devotes too much time, money, and resources on the ME. Newsflash, 200 years from now there will be just as much violence and hatred in the ME. There's NOTHING that can be done to prevent the violence in the ME.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   

You believe Nutty-Yahoo?

I don't have to. Anyone with reading ability can read the details of the deal and see it was absurd. It let them continue to enrich uranium, let them keep all their centrifuges, gave them over 3 weeks notice before inspections, let them dictate to us where we could inspect, gave them sanctions relief up front instead of keeping it in the pocket as a reward for denuclearizing, it didn't address their support for terror, didn't address their missile program, and the whole thing basically went away after 10 years and at that point they could pursue a weapon again. That's not just Netanyahu's word, that's in all the reporting on it.

ETA: Not surprised you aren't aware of any of that though, after all you don't even know who worked on our early nuclear program.

I would do exactly what Obama did if I would want to get rid of them in the future.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite

You believe Nutty-Yahoo?

I don't have to. Anyone with reading ability can read the details of the deal and see it was absurd. It let them continue to enrich uranium, let them keep all their centrifuges, gave them over 3 weeks notice before inspections, let them dictate to us where we could inspect, gave them sanctions relief up front instead of keeping it in the pocket as a reward for denuclearizing, it didn't address their support for terror, didn't address their missile program, and the whole thing basically went away after 10 years and at that point they could pursue a weapon again. That's not just Netanyahu's word, that's in all the reporting on it.

ETA: Not surprised you aren't aware of any of that though, after all you don't even know who worked on our early nuclear program.

I would do exactly what Obama did if I would want to get rid of them in the future.

Are you saying that America sometimes grooms it's own enemies?

Hmmmm. Interesting.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   

a reply to: CriticalStinker

Maybe giving the Saudi's nukes will initiate a MAD scenario and reduce the risk of an Iranian nuke attack against Israel.

Israel is allied with multiple nuclear-armed states, has nuclear armaments of their own and are more than capable of using them, as far as I see a MAD scenario exists for Iran and the enemies it has.

Plus I suspect the Saud's can get nuclear armaments, maybe already have them... I'd personally bet on a few nations with no military nuclear program having nuclear weapons.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

a reply to: [postpossible.

why not arm everyone!

Archie bunker theorem .
edit on 6-6-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: Fallingdown
I can’t see the US or our allies allowing Iran to have nuclear weapons and intercontinental ballistic missiles. Nor do I see Iran giving them up without a fight .

Gawd forbid them from having their own self-determination, like we strive for like history cant compare, gawd damn anyone try to be free (of the "Land of the Free"). Gawd damn them I say! Turn em into a glass parking lot already. I mean FFS if Iran never existed then Reagan couldnt have had that pesky Iran-Contra Scandal tarnish his record. Oh, wait, everyone ignores that bit. Perhaps Iranians can go on existing then? I'm so scared and confused, now.

So what you’re saying is.

The world will be a safer place if Iran has nuclear intercontinental ballistic missiles .

Makes perfect sense . SMH

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I can’t see the US or our allies allowing Iran to have nuclear weapons and intercontinental ballistic missiles. Nor do I see Iran giving them up without a fight .

Gawd forbid them from having their own self-determination, like we strive for like history cant compare, gawd damn anyone try to be free (of the "Land of the Free"). Gawd damn them I say! Turn em into a glass parking lot already. I mean FFS if Iran never existed then Reagan couldnt have had that pesky Iran-Contra Scandal tarnish his record. Oh, wait, everyone ignores that bit. Perhaps Iranians can go on existing then? I'm so scared and confused, now.

So what you’re saying is.

The world will be a safer place if Iran has nuclear intercontinental ballistic missiles .

Makes perfect sense . SMH

I'm sure someone said that statement once but instead of Iran, they put Israel into the thought experiment.

While I don't want Iran to have nukes, the MAD deterrence still applies. What would you suggest the alternative to be?

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

From what I gather it is 3.6%, I'll keep looking to see if I can find a decent link. They claimed a few years ago they could enrich to 20% within 4 days. To make a viable bonafide nuclear weapon they'd need a purity of 80-90%?

How quick they could achieve that would be based on how many centrifuges they have since they'd need to separate the usable isotope (for weapons) from the rest of the uranium... A feat I'd assume would be easier if the base uranium was already enriched to a higher percentage. Then there's always Plutonium...

I might be wrong though, I'm not a nuclear physicist.

Personally I reckon if they wanted the bomb they'd have it, it's not like they've learned everything independently from other nuclear powers.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Israel is believed to have nuclear weapons but there’s no absolute proof. I don’t want them to have nuclear weapons anyway.

But they are less likely to use them then Iran in my opinion .

You claim they have them.

If the evil Jooooooooos do have them why haven’t they use them already ?

What would you suggest the alternative to be?

That’s a loaded question. Fortunately I have a answer you didn’t consider .

My solution would be a full naval blockade. Nothing in nothing out of Iran until they allow inspections or disarm if the they do get nuclear weapons .

Similar to what worked against Cuba .

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: bastion
Fake news: IAEA released a report last week saying Iran are making no efforts to develop a nuke and are still following the anti-nuclear proliferation treaty.

uk.reuters.com...

Maybe I am missing something, but that link you gave says nothing about them not developing nuclear weapons. It states they are enriching uranium to within the guidelines of the agreement. Maybe you should reread it with an open mind. It states they are staying within the limits of the agreement. What are the official limits is a question that needs to be asked?

I do not know if the OP is correct, but I know that the article you linked does not disprove it.

The guy mentioned in the OP was head of IAEA Iran and Syria but quit 10 years ago, at the time he falsely claimed Iran had enough stockpiles to make 2 -3 nukes.

The IAEA are the UN inspectors for nuclear weapon development, the quarterly report for 2019 shows are sticking within the guidelines set and don't have the stockpiles of uranium, heavy water, centrifuges required to enrich uranium. They'd be years developing infrastructure to reach 90% enrichment required and haven't done anything that breaches the safeguards or shows intent to develop nukes.
edit on 6-6-2019 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

It's a deterrent, not an action plan.

My angle wasn't singling out Israel, or any religion. My point rather was that they most likely have them, and it would be a safe guess we helped them get them. You and I know they wouldn't likely use them, but giving them the weapons may give other countries the feeling maybe they should have some too so they don't have such a power gap with opposing neighbors.

My solution would be a full naval blockade. Nothing in nothing out of Iran until they allow inspections or disarm if the they do get nuclear weapons . .

It wasn't a loaded question, it was a curious one. My only "angle" is that I don't want war with Iran. I think Iran and Israel both have equal rights to exist, and my ideal version of the two are that they don't bother or require much if anything out of us.

As to your solution, maybe it works, I'm not sure. It could also provoke them. Either way, my position to Iran is they're not my problem. I don't see them nuking the US, and any conflict that could arise with them (being a non threat to us) could overstretch us further providing an advantage to our real threats.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Israel is believed to have nuclear weapons but there’s no absolute proof. I don’t want them to have nuclear weapons anyway.

But they are less likely to use them then Iran in my opinion .

You claim they have them.

What would you suggest the alternative to be?

My solution would be a full naval blockade. Nothing in nothing out of Iran until they allow inspections or disarm if the they do get nuclear weapons .

Similar to what worked against Cuba .

Are international nuclear inspectors allowed to inspect Israels nuclear program or enrichment facilities? Why not? Why is Israels nuclear program so off limits to the international community? Why does Israel still refuse to declare if the have nukes or not? Doesn't sound like a harbinger of good faith or even seem above board to me.

Why not let Iran have them? MAD and everything. Maybe they could just be like Israel and be allowed to do what they want as a sovereign nation and maybe tell people they have them or not. Fair is fair and all that jazz. Oh no..its that evil Iran and those angelic Joooo's issue...this is nuts.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: WalterTilley

Why is just about every reply I get about the evil Joooooooooooos?

Did you skip over the part where I said I don’t want Israel to have nuclear weapons ?

Again do you think the world will be a safer place if Iran has them ?

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Why is just about every reply I get about the evil Joooooooooooos?

Because no one implied that, yet you took the easy road to infer peoples intentions were anti semetic.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Your position is let Iran have them because they’re a sovereign nation .

Should the Congo be allowed to have them they’re a sovereign nation ?

How about Guatemala ?

Would you be OK with the crazy man in the Philippines having them ?

Your logic is flawed .

This is about nuclear proliferation.

Since the US used them in Japan.

Nuclear weapons have never been used again .

That might change if every country on earth is allowed to you have them

You to be willing to take that chance .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join