It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South African Sightings...interesting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Hi,

I was speaking with my sister last night and she reminded me of a sighting which was famous in Durban, South Africa and I thought to bring it up today because it was quite interesting.
It was witnessed by thousands and telephone exchanges were temporarily blocked because of the huge influx of calls coming in to police stations, Virginia airport etc by frantic people stating that there is "something" in the sky and they dont know what the hell it is??

There is footage but I cant seem to find the actual footag although it is mentioned. There are links to the article at Daily News, which is the number one and very respected news-paper agency.

I googled it and came up with another interesting page for South African sightings and why there arent any...but there are

What's even more intersting are these metallic spheres which miners have found on countless occasions and dont know of their origins.
I remember a thread a little while back showing a similar sphere for sale on E-bay which was found in Australia. (Its quite possible thats these things are all over the world and may hold some significance as they are quite mysterious.

ufologie.net...

I have been trying to find the actual footage of the sighting which as I said was seen by thousands and was in all the newspapers and on TV; and I'm sure will be quite new to some ATS experts...Maybe

If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated as in my primary school years I had witnessed two very strange things, one of which can only be described as a UFO.

(There has also been other strange occurances in my area which had raised my eyebrow many times and that is why I'm searching deeper)

[edit on 3-3-2005 by Zenem]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
well i live in south africa and while i have heard of the thingys in the mine i have only heard of mentaly desturbed people in SA who have seen UFO's.
i have my own theory about the UFOs and abductions in America. please forgive me if i offend anyone this is the way i see things.
the American government is up to quiet a bit that we as civillians are not aware of.
the UFO's belong to the government and are some sort of crafts, the abductions have to do with the governments experiments. of course the easiest thing to do would be to blame aliens for their actions.
again this is just the way i percive things.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonbeam13
well i live in south africa and while i have heard of the thingys in the mine i have only heard of mentaly desturbed people in SA who have seen UFO's.

So we're mentally disturbed? I know in the following paragraph you apologise for being offensive but I think you missed the point...

I have been trying to get better evidence/footage because everything that is posted on this site seems to be fake or hoaxed.

This sighting was witnessed by many and the footage was on the news and media for a while! I dont know what else UFOologist could ask for??

Im trying to find it but I cant find the actual footage but it does exist...

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Just to add a little more...

Wouldn't you rather see footage that had been on TV and alike instead of some guy who posted a thread to some personal sighting of his own captured over his house which is quickly discredited and debunked by members!

This was a popular sighting seen by many,like the Phoenix sighting it may different angles and reports.

This thread is obviously going no-where & i'll carry on by without your thoughts.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Zenem, thanks for posting... I'd rather hear from someone that has seen, and has footage of this/those/these's event's/ any event... I expect from all here, the real deal... if not, Why be here? Carry on Z...

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   
no no no you misunderstand. i think it is your government that is disturbed. i beleive aliens are out there i think those who dont are very narrow minded, i just not so sure they are abducting and makeing themself visable to earth. there i think it the government and their tecnology (cant spell english well sorry). if you think about it logically wouldnt the other governments if there were alein visitors know about it too, why would it be just the American government who knows and hides it, and if the others know how is it possible for eveyone to hide it?
again i dont mean to sound offence mearly my oppinion

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 04:03 AM
link   
But the thing is...

There wasn't a cover up, it was on the news and it was exciting for many people because it was over a major city!

Coming from South Africa, you of all people should know our approach on media is vastly different to the rest of the world. There is no influence from major corporations like in the US...runs for ratings etc. (Dont get me wrong there is to some degree but the press can report things like this without fear.

If you do some research you will find that there are hundreds of sightings in SA and America has NO influence at all. Thats why I think this is an untapped resource because its new.
A confrimed UFO sighting with camera evidence, that is MUCH less doubtfull than the majority of pictures and videos ive seen on this forum. Where people critic the sounds and the blurry picture etc. This thing flew slowly and hovered over a major city for all to see...

Maybe, they are trying a different approach to announcing their presence? America keeps denying it, so maybe theyre trying elsewhere??
I personally beleive the US government doesnt have relations with Aliens, well for one thing they keep on shooting at anything unknown...(Nice way to roll out the welcome mat

I dont understand why no-one is touching this besides you, (No-offence

Its like everyone enjoys spotting fakes but when there may be a lead to something credible they shy away. I dont know if its because i dont have many stat points or i dont post that often but SHEESH!

I wanna get to the bottom of this like everyone else. In my area, theres been many different sightings over time by many people and I live in Durban. (Do a google search for images on Durban and most will see its vastly different from the stereotypical view of South Africa that we always see on tv...I know many people think its a backward country and everyone lives out in the bush with animals etc...what a laugh)

When I get time, I will add more threads to this to corroborate my story. And im asking if anyone knows of this or other sightings. That link about the spheres was just for interest sake but it may hold some bearing too. (Excuse the pun)

[edit on 4-3-2005 by Zenem]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Here is the link to the footage, does the lady on the cover look like she wants attention???

www.iol.co.za...

By the way, its reported to have changed shape from being circular to oval. Many sightings have noted that too, even on this very forum...

Whats annoying is they say footage capture but it isnt posted with the article, its probaly on some SA ufo database or something and i will post it asap. (Except I have to work in-between posts so time is scarce...)

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I found the Daily News article too. Nothing new in there, but maybe adds credibility.
www.dailynews.co.za...

and here is a small picture probably from the video:
www.100megsfree4.com...

[edit on 4-3-2005 by Oblomov]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Yep, its the same article...but it is a popular and respected news-paper.

When I was in primary school, myself and a group of friends saw a UFO in the sky directly above us at a great altitude. It stayed in the same place for the duration of the period ++ 45mins(Physical Education, PE)

We had to squint to see it but it, but we noticed some colours around the edge, mostly red; freaky

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 04:54 AM
link   
OMG!!!!

its a cricket ball!!!

Those south africans were playing cricket back when primevel ooze was the dominant life form!

Think they would have got better by now though ....

Otherwise great thread, interesting and different links!

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
OMG!!!!
its a cricket ball!!!

Ha HA! - It crossed my mind, but it is strange that they were found in underground mines and on different continents...?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
hmmm well as i said i have never heard of one, but then again there is a lot out there i have never heard of. to get into a discussion over my government oooooh boy that will be a long one, sa government is somewhat um how do i put this nicely a bunch of incompetent fools who beleive in apartheid just reversed. anyway i will never rule anything out as impossible, but for me the abduction part at least i beleive if not government are other earthly entities. i just cant understand why aliens would be abducting and invading peoples prevouisy (cant spell) i mean if they are advanced enough for space travel surely they are more advanced than abductiong people and allowing them to remember such horrifing experiences or otherwise causeing them. (sorry my english isnt very good)

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonbeam13
i mean if they are advanced enough for space travel surely they are more advanced than abductiong people and allowing them to remember such horrifing experiences or otherwise causeing them.

I've pondered this before...

Alot of sightings seem like the UFO's are in "park" lookin down or observing.
Now if you looked nothing like the species you are studying (Like how people go to game reserves and watch animals doing their thing from a distance in concealed hides) how would you learn more about them???

Tranqueiser dart!! You know how game rangers dart and make lions, elephants etc sleep and then they take measurements and put tracking devices in to follow their movements and watch how they interact with other animals...
Its the same thing. Aliens probably see us as cattle. They dont care if we remember or not. Although, I guess many abductions are only brought out from hypnosis because of an unexplained time loss or something. The lion wakes up with a headache going "What the fu.... was that??" and then carries on his everyday routine.

At night is the best. Catch a "Pathetic Hu`man" and do your thing...Extract information or whatever their purpose is. Who knows?!

Maybe they dont even care if we see them?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   
i just had a thought,i hear alot about ufo's hovering over certain areas and wondered maybe those certain areas have a significance to them.maybe theres something there like an underground base,artifact,special mineral,etc...

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   

So we're mentally disturbed? I know in the following paragraph you apologise for being offensive but I think you missed the point...

In my opinion, anyone who is not a "native" belonging to an original tribe is at least a little crazy for living in SA. South Africa is probably one of the most dangerous of the socalled "civilized" countries, one the african continent.

Like zimbabwe, it has seen a drastic decline in its standard of living over the past 15 years.

While I don't promulgate the idea of apartheid as being in any way positive, it is undeniable that the blacks of both Zimbabwe and SA had more stability and more food under coloinalist governments, the backbone of which was the white farmer.

White farmers are being slowly massacred in SA where things are becoming particularly tense. There are rumours of a systematic violent culling of white farmers once Mandela dies.

I've been to SA...beatiful country but would not want to live there.....

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by abdul

Like zimbabwe, it has seen a drastic decline in its standard of living over the past 15 years.

-Really?? I think we're talking about a different SA here. There has been so much growth in South Africa in last five years it would make your turban spin. Zimbabwe is screwed because of the president and his oppressive, tyrannical ways. I personally feel Bush should put him on the list next...

While I don't promulgate the idea of apartheid as being in any way positive, it is undeniable that the blacks of both Zimbabwe and SA had more stability and more food under coloinalist governments, the backbone of which was the white farmer.

Zimbabwe is a failed country because 80% of the wealth that came from Zim was from agriculture...ie...farmers evicted and killed...no nore commerce.
Furthermore, Mugabe realised the errors of his ways and tried to convince them to come back... not much luck though.

White farmers are being slowly massacred in SA where things are becoming particularly tense. There are rumours of a systematic violent culling of white farmers once Mandela dies.

There has been many farm attacks on farmersto convince them to mve by "war veterans" (By the way, most are still in puberty) and forced them to leave.
Once Mandela dies? Thabo Mbeki is the President of SA and is his second term.

I've been to SA...beatiful country but would not want to live there.....

I grew up in SA and it is beautifull but there are some major problems admittedly, but it is the number 1 growing country in the whole continent.

I dont know what tour you went on, or where you went but you obviously didnt have a good time.

This is a thread for something completely different and I dont want to detract from that issue...

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
i suppose it does make sense

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Some thing that stops me from thinking of it being from a previous "civilization" of some sort is this.

Show me one place, any place, where humanity has just left 1 type of object?

If you do any archeology, of any kind you will find a detritus of past civilizatons, broken pots, bones, buildings, etc but never just one thing. Even if it was some sort of war material, there would be more things at that level.

Personally, I wonder if there is an interdimensionally aspect to stuff like this, where its not from the past, but from other realities. Very fortean aspect to it. www.forteantimes.com...

We are like bacteria living on an orange skin, in our relationship with the earth, there are heaps of things happening that we never notice, because its under our feet.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
There have been many sightings in South Africa of UFO`s.Also of extra terrestrials.One i could particularly remember is a UFO that was flying over Johannesburg and Pretoria(the capitol).Another was over the Cape.There was even claimed a UFO crash.A UFO crashed in the Northerncape(northwest of south africa).The South african army though managed to get to it intime before some witnesses did.It has been rumored that the US government try to make a deal the the South african army to take the saucer back to the US but im not sure whether the South African government agreed the handover or not.

The most controversal one,however,was sighting of E.T`s near a school.This happened near Johannesberg.Apperently during recess when all the kids came out,they claimed to have sighted a UFO land in the woods(the school was in a forested area).After a while appeared acouple of sightings of greys,about a group of them.The began walking around the school and smiling at the children.Later on they disapeared.The kids were so terrified of this sighting they began telling teachers etc.Interviews began happening at the school.All 60 of the kids who claimed to who have sighted this creature was asked to draw pictures of the events.Many of them did but i could imagine some didnt due to still being terrified.All or most of the drawings matched discriptions of eachother.There was a veyr interesting doumentary on it.It was one of the first newsightings to spark my interest in E.T`s.

These sightings are increasing slowly in South Africa and other nations in the world like India and Brazil.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join