It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South African Sightings...interesting

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Note:the greys walked around the outside boundaries of the school and some teachers sighted it also.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackSt33L
There have been many sightings in South Africa of UFO`s.Also of extra terrestrials.One i could particularly remember is a UFO that was flying over Johannesburg and Pretoria(the capitol).

i live in pretoria and as i have said neva heard a peep about this, prehaps it was before my time. when did this happen?????

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I think those BALLS are old ball bearings, notice the grove, it could keep all the balls aligned..... what are they made of?
maybe pressed old bullets.......

[edit on 4-3-2005 by lizzardsamok]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by lizzardsamok
I think those BALLS are old ball bearings, notice the grove, it could keep all the balls aligned..... what are they made of?
maybe pressed old bullets.......

[edit on 4-3-2005 by lizzardsamok]

I dunno, it crossed my mind but this is what was said about where they were found...

"The spheres are a complete mystery. They look man-made, yet at the time in Earth's history when they came to rest in this rock no intelligent life existed. The globes are found in pyrophyllite, which is mined near the little town of Ottosdal in the Western Transvaal. This pyrophyllite is a quite soft secondary mineral with a count of only 3 on the Mohs' scale and was formed by sedimentation about 2.8 billion years ago. On the other hand the globes are very hard and cannot be scratched, even by steel."

And Secondly...

The sphere with the three parallel grooves around it are too perfect to be anything but man made. The Precambrian mineral deposit where the globes are found is dated to be at least 2.8 billion years old. At this time simple microscopic cells were all that was alive on the earth. But this is obviously not true. Who created or left behind these magnificent spheres.

Its anyone's guess until they balls get studied further. I raised it just for interest sake because of another thread that I think was titled strange alien artifact and that sphere was found in Australia. The person had it for sale and had the metal compostitions analysed.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Those spheres are interesting if it is not a hoax. 2.8 billion years ago? Very interesting indeed. From reading the article it sounds like they are going by stratograhic testing. Why haven't they postassium tested it yet, that raises questions.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Im not a mettalurgist but the other thread did list what it consisted of. I think the thread was called strange alien atrifact or something, i tried to search for it but i hardly ever get what I'm looking for when I use the search
- Any one remember it??

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonbeam13

Originally posted by blackSt33L
There have been many sightings in South Africa of UFO`s.Also of extra terrestrials.One i could particularly remember is a UFO that was flying over Johannesburg and Pretoria(the capitol).

i live in pretoria and as i have said neva heard a peep about this, prehaps it was before my time. when did this happen?????

It happened in 1995.I use to live in Capetown.Beautiful city i must say.Amazing.

Anyways it was just a 1 off report that only appear afew times then dissapeared.I dont think many South Africans realise their nation is indeed one of the 15 UFO hotspot nations.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I've dug a little deeper and have found some more interesting stuff...

How about chemtrails in SA==> www.geocities.com...

Operation Raindance - Biologicals were found in the Southern California backyard of a doctor who had worked for the South African Government doing biological research - the doctor was 'suicided' on March 2nd. There was also an attempt to murder his business partner...who was/is also involved in biological research. The Biologicals apparently target specific races.
www.geocities.com...

Another cover up by death with British MI5 and CIA with the help of SAIMR.South African Institute for Maritime Research!!
-Hmmm maritime research?? Considering 90% of Earths waters are uncharted, wouldnt that make a good hiding place?? - Funny how the maritime inistute seems to be invloved with coverups all over, as i'm sure many UFOlogists would corroborate?
www.geocities.com...

Quote from above story - "In a meeting between MI5, special ops executive and the SAIMR, the following emerged,'' reads one document marked Top Secret, ``it is felt that Hammarskjold should be removed.''

By the way, every site I that i have tried to get footage from lists it on the page but it isnt available for download!! There is one even even from security footage and from a space shuttle explorer, although I did find a pic of a trianglur shaped UFO grouping, not too clear but you get the message...
www.orreman7.com...

[edit on 4-3-2005 by Zenem]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I found amazing footage of UFO's but theres a catch and it would explain why I've been unable to find any on other sites...

www.ufodigest.com...

You gots ta pay

This site lists conclusive and definitive proof that UFO's exist and shows footage that no-one can blame on weather balloons, flares and planets!!

Why couldnt they show this on the ABC documentary? It seems that like with everything else, nothing cheap is good and nothing good is cheap

It seems the only footage that is available and free and is usually quite questionable and out of focus or whatever and is probably left to discredit the UFO community.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
It happened in 1995.

that could explain why ive neva heard of it i was 9 at that time still ignorant to the outside world

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Has this topic died?

Sure would like to know if anyone has found out anything new since?

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
When i saw those balls (long time ago) i couldn't help to think they are very similar to the shape and structure of SAturns moon Iapetus, wich has very wierd structural anomalies to say the least, maybe the 2 things are related... ?

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
UFO hovers over city - www.dailynews.co.za...

July 1, 2004

By Ayanda Mhlongo

"The light was so bright, at first I thought it was a police helicopter searching for criminals. But when I could not hear the sound of the rotor blades, I decided to draw the curtains and check what it was."

Roshnie Naidu, of Phoenix, could not believe her eyes when she saw a huge, pulsating, colourful light in the sky. "It looked like a massive ball of light, much brighter than the sun, with blue and purple colours filtering through. My eyes were glued to it for almost 10 minutes, it was unbelievable. I had never seen anything like it before," she said.

Naidu told the Daily News she woke up just before 4am on Sunday.

She was watching TV when she noticed a bright light flashing through her curtains. She did not take any notice of it at first, but the light continued to shine in her face.

According to Naidu, when she drew the curtains she could not believe what she was seeing. "I still cannot explain to people who did not see the object what it was.

"After a couple of seconds, the object would change shape from being circular to oval."

She rushed to her daughter's bedroom to wake her up, but she refused to get up.

"When I tried to wake up my husband he told me that I was seeing things and sent me away.

"But I persisted and pulled him out of bed and opened our bedroom curtains."

Naidu's husband, Shrirama, said he wiped his eyes a couple of times because he could not believe what he was seeing. "I immediately told my wife to call our neighbours and alert them to what was happening."

Shrirama managed to capture video footage of the unidentified object that was in the sky.

According to the Naidus, the object was in the sky for about three hours. It disappeared as the sun came up and it became lighter.

The Naidus said they had no idea what the object was and would like someone to explain it to them. "We are hoping that someone will be able to view the footage that we have captured and explain the fireball to us," they said.

Weather forecaster Ntobeko Nkangana said no objects were picked up in the sky on Sunday morning.

Nkangana said weather balloons are released only at midnight and midday. "The weather balloons remain in the sky for a maximum of two hours."

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Feb. 21, 1951; Durban, South Africa.

4:55 a.m. Witnesses: three men in a truck, several other persons, none named. A dark red, torpedo-shaped object with darker centre, flew straight and level.

Dec. 7, 1954; Cape Province, South Africa. 1:15 p.m.

Witness: weather officer, using a theodolite.

One white, semicircular, flat object with a dome flew from west to east, then turned north. Sighting lasted 7 minutes.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Date: 17 Sep 1994 13:20:40 GMT

A few days ago people from the northern parts of South Africa, Zimbabwe, Botswana and Zambia reported an object travelling high in the sky, emitting a large amount of light. Reports are that this object displayed some decidedly non ballistic movement. And that it must have been MUCH larger than any aircraft we have.

This object was picked up by radar at Jan Smuts international airport in Johannesburg, South Africa. But not (for some strange reason) by the SA Airforce. I wonder why?

Does anyone have any more information on this sighting, reported by many people in 4 countries, and by several airline pilots?

And, funnily enough, here is a documented case in the same month by Cynthia Hind, world famous UFO investigator.

www.webtrance.co.za...

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zenem
Whats annoying is they say footage capture but it isnt posted with the article, its probaly on some SA ufo database or something and i will post it asap. (Except I have to work in-between posts so time is scarce...)

I'll tell you what annoys me: I have found 3 different links through Yahoo about the sightings, including the Daily News; all of them report that the sighting was captured on video and none of them actually provide any video links or pictures.

www.dailynews.co.za...

www.virtuallystrange.net...

www.ufoevidence.org...

And I was specifically searching for "Video" too; Will try Google and Metacrawler next and see if they have anything.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Well, I don't know about everyone else but I find it very suspicious that there is no video evidence available on the net, anywhere about these sightings. I have checked everywhere I can think of including all of the vid and image search engines and, nothing, nada, zip, zero

There are many , many reports about the sightings but they all primarily focus on this one woman and her husband; they report that the sighting lasted for over 3 hours and was captured on video but no video is found to corroborate this claim. If the sighting was as spectacular as claimed, where are the other eyewittness reports, videos, photos, etc.? Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I have to revive this old thread because I just remembered that there was a recent sighting (Last month) of a UFO crashing into the sea just off the coastline witnessed by hundreds of people.

Again, it was on the news and then: "From the 21 of May and onwards all related articals were removed from all local newspapers. Printed and on-line. News24 was the only web site with an archive that reported any more news on the siteng"

www.ufoevidence.org...

"Following a full-scale search of the area covering 12 square nautical miles nothing has been found.

"There are no reports of activity in the area that may be related to this incident and there are no aircraft reported overdue or missing."

He said numerous eye-witnesses - including teachers and pupils attending a sports event at the high school, by-standers and local fishermen - were convinced they had seen an aircraft go into the water.

They said they saw smoke and described "water exploding".

The number of readers who have clicked on the report carried by News24 reached more than 30 000 by 18:00 on Sunday afternoon.

"Rescue workers were unable to find oil slicks or petrol or any signs of a wreckage. We aren't yet sure what it was that crashed into the sea."

I love this part - Due to the number of witnesses with similar reports, it was presumed that weather activity in the area at the time might have given the impression of something falling into the sea. - LOL! - They always blame the weather

Im surprised that SAMIR wasnt involved in this one, or maybe it was

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 01:34 AM
link   

edit on 2/12/2023 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join