It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All possible explanations of abduction phenomenon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I've been thinking recently on this topic.

FRB's (Fast Radio Bursts) intersect with Earth, that had monumental amounts of energy transmitting them.
From what I understand of neurological function, our brains can be directly affected by electrical and magnetic interactions, which would include the full EMF spectra.

So... Is it possible that some abduction cases are somehow a direct transmission of an experience into someone's mind? Rather than an actual physical abduction? Perhaps there is some sort of ET or interdimensional intelligence involved in these cases, but just not directly in a physical face to face manner?

Are there any cases or claims that are popular and match up with that idea?

Lastly, are there any more theories to explain abduction beyond these:

1 Lies hoaxes or fabricated stories
2 Military abduction masked as alien
3 Actual Physical ET encounter
4 Interdimensional
5 Psychological
6 Sleep Paralysis
7 "Divine" or Religious
8 Time travelers
9 Members of a terrestrial breakaway civilization, Atlantis, hollow Earth, etc...
10 Direct EMF to brain transmission?

What else ya got?

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

What else ya got?

Crystal Balls.

see: Snow Globe

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Based upon what I know of human brain function, I think it's the product of a dream-state brain condition.

Unfortunately, the total body of information re: alien abductions is polluted with hoax reporting, so I tend to disbelieve most of it out of hand.

Similarly, I am convinced the origin of the term "pearly gates of heaven" is a mental perception of imagery as the brain begins to turn itself off. Reports of bright white light, etc., from people in near-death state, are widespread enough to prove (to me) it's a physiological manifestation of the death process. Some people recover and report what they "saw."

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Sick humans breaking into houses, drugging and abducting people for nefarious reasons and returning them home later?

People being drugged out in public similarly?

Some abductions sound like what you hear about when people are roofied.
How the previous night was a blur and they were not sure what happened, they're confused. Could a semi conscious drugged up rape come off as being probed by aliens?

We've all seen what some people are capable of and it's not a stretch some individuals could have done as such throughout history. For sex, for science, for cult rituals? Who knows? Not me.

It is a realistic possibility as vile as it sounds though.

And then there is just plain old self medication and all that implies.
edit on 27-5-2019 by AtomicKangaroo because: typos

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   
You know the crazy guy in the Movies with the Sandwich-Board sign he wears that says THE END OF THE WORD IS COMING......lol...lol..lol...well that about sums it up...unless you had a positive experience that explained all to you...like I had...then your sign says The Beginning of the World is Coming....lol...lol.

If I were you I would get over the foreplay...and seriously ask what message these people are all getting....you will find it is one of global catastrophe....its other PEOPLE trying to help us...while our own Governments and Private Pirates try to stop the help from getting to us all.

They don't just fear-monger....they give you information which is opportunity.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo

Sick humans breaking into houses, drugging and abducting people for nefarious reasons and returning them home later?

People being drugged out in public similarly?

Some abductions sound like what you hear about when people are roofied.
How the previous night was a blur and they were not sure what happened, they're confused. Could a semi conscious drugged up rape come off as being probed by aliens?

We've all seen what some people are capable of and it's not a stretch some individuals could have done as such throughout history. For sex, for science, for cult rituals? Who knows? Not me.

It is a realistic possibility as vile as it sounds though.

And then there is just plain old self medication and all that implies.

I'm going to double down on this by referring to: "The Mad Gasser of Mattoon Il (WIKI for better story)

I know that's not what you want to hear, so take this; (Also from WIKI)

Shaver wrote of extremely advanced prehistoric races who had built cavern cities inside the Earth before abandoning Earth for another planet due to damaging radiation from the Sun. Those ancients also abandoned some of their own offspring here, a minority of whom remained noble and human "Teros", while most degenerated over time into a population of mentally impaired sadists known as "Deros"—short for "detrimental robots". Shaver's "robots" were not mechanical constructs, but were robot-like due to their savage behavior.

In a version of the Shaver Mysteries, Deros would abduct people in order to learn about how much we have advanced as a society. This wasn't out of curiousity, but rather that they (the Deros) were slowly rotting away the very nature of mankind. When we have lost a majority of what drive our society, they are going to attack us and take control of the overworld.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

What about all of the people who get abducted from moving vehicles on remote highways? or cases like Travis walton where people actually saw a nuts and bolts flying saucer?

Once you weed out the obvious hoaxes and the crazy people there are just too many events that seem to be exactly as described abductions by flesh and blood aliens in nuts and bolts flying crafts.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

What about all of the people who get abducted from moving vehicles on remote highways? or cases like Travis walton where people actually saw a nuts and bolts flying saucer?

Once you weed out the obvious hoaxes and the crazy people there are just too many events that seem to be exactly as described abductions by flesh and blood aliens in nuts and bolts flying crafts.

Threads title.

OP asked:

What else ya got?

So I offered one possible explanation. One not on the list. I did not state it was the only possible one.

So what about the 'abductions' you listed?
Well OP covers those already.

3 Actual Physical ET encounter
and/or

1 Lies hoaxes or fabricated stories

As well as others, he has quite the list. But again. He was asking for more possibilities, I provided one. Nothing more or less.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
What else ya got?

Yeah, but something like "psychological" isn't really an explanation. It's just a word. Psychological, how? That it's "all in somebody's mind?" What do we mean by "mind?" And just because something is all in somebody's head, doesn't mean it isn't real. The moon is an image my brain creates from what my eyes see (poorly). People tell me it's a big spherical rock in orbit, but that's just another layer of confusion. Are those people real, or is that just all in my head, too?

Unfortunately, a lot of good explanations are nothing but rabbit holes.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Let’s see…

Aliens

Um aliens

How about aliens

And oh yeah, aliens

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   
People smoking too much, or smoking too little.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
Aliens

What kind of aliens?

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: 141climate
People smoking too much, or smoking too little.

I've done both. Still no aliens or being abducted for me to this day.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I was specifically responding to your comment as i felt that it was a good place to raise a key question.

Ive heard a lot of adbuction stories over the years, and a lot of attempts to debunk them. but most alternative explanations fall apart when you take adbuctions from moving vehicles int account. For example, sleep disorders, not matter how vivid simply cannot effect somebody behind the wheels and their passenger at the same time. If you read the Nick Popes book on abduction, he includes cases where vehicles were taken from toll roads and then out back on the rod after the booths. So unless sleep disorders can take a vehicle off of one road and put them on anbother without crossing the interviening space, then they cant be the answer.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Moving vehicles? Were said vehicles tested for faulty exhaust systems?

A bit of the old carbon monoxide in the cabin would surely affect all involved.

I believe I had first hand experience with this in a car crash I was a passenger in. Everyone in the car including the driver started dozing off in the middle of the day, more like being a bit drugged/drowsy than any of us going to sleep. Sadly the car was wrecked to such a degree it was impossible to tell if the exhaust system had been properly intact before the crash.

Are alien abductions a thing? Possibly. But I am yet to see any kind of hard undeniable proof to confirm it.
It's always second hand stories. Humans are known to lie or embellish things things they do not understand or comprehend.
Heck I have seen so many videos where people are convinced a UFO is visible yet within 1 second I could tell it was a quadcopter or side of an aeroplane reflecting sunlight.

I think all things have scientific explanations, just we don't know what that science is.

Lightning is a good example. A few thousand years ago people didn't know the science behind it, so they rationalised it as 'God Magic'. We know better now.

You can present me with as many cases as you'd like, but without videos, photo's, material like DNA or machine parts etc that prove without a doubt the story a person is telling I shall not be convinced.

Human brain is always looking for patterns. Things we can make sense of, so if we see a bear in the woods at night, but all we can see is a dark shape and glowing eyes but at the time cannot see it is a bear it would be unsurprising for me if that person came out and said they saw big foot or the moth man in the forest that night.

Very much how Pareidolia let's us see faces in things like toast.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
As for lost time. How many of us have driven down a road and 'forgotten' travelling a few hundred meters or even kilometres even though we know we haven't just teleported?

So much we do where the brain switches to autopilot without us being aware. Science says our brain stops taking in information it already knows in certain situations. You keep feeding it the same or similar information it dumps it because it knows it already. Like a road you drive every day. Or a highway where it's the same landscape, white lines and guide posts over and over.... it's similar to hypnosis.

Truckers call it white line fever I think?
Highway Hypnosis

Sorry I could find better articles on the subject but I'm too tired to research in depth right now.

But here's an experiment you can try for yourself.

Go into your bathroom and stand in front of the mirror. And just keep staring at your face without looking away of blinking.
After as few minutes your face will start to change and distort as your brain stops taking new info in, because there is simply no new information to take in. It stops updating.

We now know the science behind it. But even a few decades ago there were wives tales that if you stared into a mirror you'd see the face of your future lover or just as bad, demons.
That myth goes back hundreds if not thousands of years back into human history. But again, we know better now, we know the science behind it.

If seeing your face turn monstrous is too much then lay down and find a spot on your ceiling and just stare at it.
After a while everything will just start melting into the ceiling main colour, details will begin to vanish like the paints texture, and anything at the edge of your sight.

The principal of losing time when driving is essentially the same as that, and it would not be surprising that more than one person in a vehicle could experience the effect at the same time due to experiencing the same conditions.

But of course these are just my opinions. I've not dealt with people who claim to have been abducted so I cannot say why they have stated the things they have. I have not been able to investigate the locations, props and circumstances of their situation.

If I had I probably would come to a more Earthly explanation. Because I tend to be one who looks for what is there, not what I wish to find as I feel many of these so called 'experts' and 'investigators' do, who often have much to gain by verifying these stories.

I mean how many UFO investigators and the like always seem to have books and DVD's to sell?
The bias with many is obvious.

Any way that's my 10 cents on the matter.

top topics

join