It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Realized Something...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Now, I will be the first to admit I can be kinda' slow catchin' onto things, but ya know, I just realized somethin'...

Have you ever seen Chinese food (or about any Asian food for that matter) made with any cheese as an ingredient???

I'd never thought about this before, but now that I do, I can't think of any Asian food I've ever seen, or heard of, with cheese in it.

Can you?

And the more I think about it, I can think of some Asian dishes which might be just dandy with a bit of cheese added! Imagine something like Chicken and Broccoli with cheese, or Kai Lan with cheese sauce. Man, I bet there's a hundred things you would do with cheese! Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever even seen cheese in the Asian market.

P.S. I guess if you can't hack it down in the back yard...or kill it in the alley...you ain't eatin' it for supper! (just kidding)

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 03:48 AM
link   
For most asians cheese is just rotten milk. And i hink some asians have a problem to process milk or cheese products in their bodies.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
Not sure about other asian people but around 90% of the chinese population is lactose intolerant to some degree.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 04:06 AM
link   
No I've not seen Asian food made with cheese. I'm OK with that.
Mexican food is cheese beans and rice (with vegetables).
American food is beef (or bacon) and other things.

Different pallets. Different meals. So it is.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 04:06 AM
link   

i think cheese is quite rare in most of asia anyway - the hindus worship cows but few ofther asian cultures have domesticated cattle . which is a big barrier to large scale cheese production // use

yes - there are goat // sheep cheeses - but sheep are a rarity too

mongolians have yak cheese - thats about it

without google it

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Yes a large majority of Asian people cannot digest diary, its genetic.

This is why in many cultures eat things such as deep fried fish bones to get their calcium.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 05:02 AM
link   

They serve a spinach with cheese at a Chinese buffet near me.
and they have a dish with that fake crab and vegetables that has cheese.
but I do not think these are traditional Chinese dishes either.

They taste good.

I do not think there is a lot of dairy in Chinese cuisine at all.

I admit I have only ever been in an american chinese restaurant though.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

LOL I cook chinese dishes and I cook mexican dishes and italian and french and english dishes.
American cooking is what ever we feel like eating and what I feel like cooking.
American grocery stores have an amazing assortment of foods.
The internet has brought me an amazing assortment of recipes and the universe gave me a nominal amount of talent for throwing things together. LOL
LIke American society, American food is a fusion of cultures.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Hindus do not worship cows. The cow is a sacred animal that represents life but it is not a god nor do the Hindus worship the animal.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I’m a big fan of crab meat cheese wontons. Dunk them in some sweet and sour and you’re living the high life.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I was reading an article on durian fruit a long time ago and it mentioned how different cultures deal with smells. The article mentioned that many Asian people dislike the smell of cheese.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The chinese immitation crab dish usually has cheese in it. It is a white cheese. I found a video on how to make it. www.youtube.com...

I eat a lot of this when I go to the Chinese buffet.

There are also mushroom caps filled with some kind of cream cheese/other white cheese on buffets.
edit on 26-5-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Cheese is having a moment in Asia with the younger generations. Especially in Korea and Japan (US military influence).
Lots of traditional street foods are being cheesified, and they're really trying their best to figure out pizza.

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Good grief...and they like the smell of Durian??? Holy cow!!

Durian is about the only fruit I've ever seen a sign at hotels picturing a Durian fruit with a red circle and a line through it (i.e. prohibited)

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   

It's a cultural thing, I guess. Like somebody else said, they think cheese smells like spoiled milk.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

When I was living over there we used to love to go out to the Friday night markets they'd set up, and you could smell those dang durians from 5 blocks away! They'd have crates of them out, and they'd usually have a guy with a parang cutting them up for people to eat while they walked around the market.

Here's a fun fact for you (maybe)...did you know Durian is the only known food which does not taste at all like what it smells like? (tastes like the richest cherry flavor you've ever eaten...and smells like burning rotten corpses in a sewer pipe).

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I've never actually smelled it. I heard it was foul though. It sounds like it tastes delicious though.

Here's a fun fact for you (maybe)...did you know Durian is the only known food which does not taste at all like what it smells like?

That reminds me of this pic.

new topics

top topics

join