It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

millennials terrified of doorbells

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Malisa

This one time, many years ago, i opened the door when i heard the doorbell, there was jeebus cultists, i listened for a while, and said that i am very interested about their mission, but i am very poor, so in the end i got them to handover all their material to me, fliers and books, then i closed the door and threw the material to my balcony floor, and resumed playing video games.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve
a reply to: Malisa

This one time, many years ago, i opened the door when i heard the doorbell, there was jeebus cultists, i listened for a while, and said that i am very interested about their mission, but i am very poor, so in the end i got them to handover all their material to me, fliers and books, then i closed the door and threw the material to my balcony floor, and resumed playing video games.

LMAO so mean, what if someone else was in actual need of some good brainwashing?

But seriously we have a camera system setup and door proximity sensors so i know when someone is coming close and already know if i'm going to ignore them or not.

Best way to avoid having to go answer, otherwise it's a mess having to go open the door just to find out you got someone stuck on your face that won't leave no matter what unless you turn violent or terrible blunt and shut the door on their faces

edit on 22-5-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I guess I fall into the millennial category.
I'm grateful this house has no doorbell and I can see & hear someone coming to the door well before they get there. I didn't have a doorbell in our previous residence either, thankfully. Unfortunately, the front was designed weird, we didn't really have a good view of who was coming to the door through the window, and the peephole left a LOT to be desired.

Considering that for 7 years prior to moving here, that area I lived in I just mentioned started out quite safe when we moved in, it went downhill when the recession hit. And downhill hard. Both of my immediate neighbors had their houses burglarized in broad daylight with us home -- dead silent thieves, nobody knew until the families got home and freaked out like no tomorrow outside. Other folks across the property were hit at one point or another, too. Talk about making you extremely paranoid for your family's safety, man. Everyone was on edge after that.

Also had a neighbor that loved to get drunk and let everyone know he was, and not in a fun way. Tried to beat the sh# out of his boozer girlfriend one night, too. She pounded on our door, but I wasn't about to let her in with a newborn at home. Boy, was she pissed off, that was a lot of threats my way. Sorry ya lushie bitch, you picked him, now go away.

There was also an area gang that would scatter their stolen cars around and "store" them at various apartment/condo complexes and at abandoned homes when they could get away with it before they probably chop-shopped 'em.
One of our more busy-body neighbors noticed cars that didn't belong becoming more and more frequent and called the cops.
They had been trying to catch them for a while already, the sting netted 4 gangbangers with multiple murder warrants between them all. If we weren't paranoid before, we all damn sure were then. A complex full of mostly old people felt like a prime target for easy retaliation. It didn't come to pass while we lived there, but there was a spike in break-ins & tires were slashed after we moved to MI, so either they did retaliate, or it sank a little lower down the drain.

Even despite the crime wave that never seemed to stop, it was still considered "safe" compared to other areas, lmao. Economic blight is a damn bitch.

After putting up with that for roughly 6 of my 7 years there, I think I'm entitled to be leery of and jumpy at unexpected knocks on my door. Call it "being afraid" if you want, it wasn't your home in the crossfire for years on end. That kind of defensive reaction takes years to wear off even after leaving.

Quick edit: Yes, the houses I grew up in did have doorbells, but I never liked the sound. It's that kind of noise that registered as a rude & unwelcome interruption to me. Still am not fond of the sound, no matter the tone or pitch.
edit on 5/23/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/23/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I wasn't aware that this was something specific to my generation, but I can confirm it in my case at least. I decommissioned my doorbell years ago. I couldn't stand the sound of it. I also did the same to my phone.

Don't bother me.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Today, Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez slapped every Viet-Nam and Civil Rights protestor in the face.

Tom Brokaw can laud the sacrifices of Americans who grew up during the Great Depression and then went on to fight in World War II, but for firebrand freshman Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez the Greatest Generation are millennials.

The 29-year-old Queens-Bronx Democrat stroked the egos of both her fellow millennials and the subsequent Gen Z in her latest Instagram live video, claiming that young people are more “informed” and “willing to go to the streets” in protest than earlier generations.
More at: nypost.com...

The same people she lauds as "Badass Brave" will be the first to whine when their next TV costs 20% more, due to America fighting back against China's tariffs on America.

with AOC.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Today, Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez slapped every Viet-Nam and Civil Rights protestor in the face.

Tom Brokaw can laud the sacrifices of Americans who grew up during the Great Depression and then went on to fight in World War II, but for firebrand freshman Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez the Greatest Generation are millennials.

The 29-year-old Queens-Bronx Democrat stroked the egos of both her fellow millennials and the subsequent Gen Z in her latest Instagram live video, claiming that young people are more “informed” and “willing to go to the streets” in protest than earlier generations.
More at: nypost.com...

The same people she lauds as "Badass Brave" will be the first to whine when their next TV costs 20% more, due to America fighting back against China's tariffs on America.

with AOC.

Somehow this sounds terrible bad, like someone hating younger people just because they are younger LOL

Weren't older people at the time of Vietnam complaining about younger people going into protest and the ridiculous "Peace & Love" stuff and so on? I remember reading about it and this looks so much like history repeating

Are there any doorbells involved in those protests the AOC lady talks about or was this just something you felt you had to say out of frustration of what you see on the current millennials? Aren't you a millennial as well? I don't know so please tell

edit on 28-8-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join