It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very bright light moving in the sky

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
This is the second time in 2 nights my gf and I both seen this light moving in the perfectly clear night sky. By the time I picked both of them up, they were about a 45 degree angle and continued at the same speed across the horizon, moving at the speed of a plane I would say. It was not the ISS as I checked the location of its path, and it was not a plane, it never blinked or made noise as a jet would. If it was a sat., the sun was reflecting a HUGE amount of light on it.
This was the largest and brightest object I have ever seen moving in the sky at night, and I have seem alot over the years.
My eyes will be peeled again tonight and I will take photos and videos.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: scar

Sounds like satellites to me

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

The very bright light is called the Sun.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Thats what I am guessing but usually they are smaller and dimmer.
Maybe some of these newer ones are very reflective and bulky.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

The skies are full. If you like the unusual, you should check out, if you haven't already, a channel on Youtube named Bruce Sees All. The Moon is chock full of this type of activity..

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
This is very close to what I seen but not as bright, the direction was right to left as I am in central Canada.

edit on /5/21/19 by scar because: Video didnt work

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I had meant to say that the object I had seen was way way brighter than in this video.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I can confirm this. I have seen it where I am located. In Saskatchewan.

I have seen this twice now and I have a video of it (not very good, as I caught it last second)

I was able to see it twice around the same times in April. Both between 8:45pm ~ 9:15pm. Moving North East to South West.

It goes across the sky much like a satellite would, but as it passes over where I am standing, the light gets brighter for a moment then it goes back to how it normally looks. Kind of like it has a giant flood light on it that only shines in one specific location.

In my video, I captured it the second time and there was also another little light following it at the same speed, right beside it. I think the secondary light is an actual satellite, but not the main object that is so bright.

I always look in the sky every night for an hour or so at random time frames to scan the night sky for anomalies and I have never seen this before until this year. I know what a satellite looks like. I see them every night.
edit on 21-5-2019 by IrateCanadian because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-5-2019 by IrateCanadian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
There is a very good chance you saw the International space station. It passed over my place outside of Annapolis, MD twice last week. I know this because my star guide app give me a 5 minute warning. I saw it one of those nights and it is a blatant anomaly in the sky. Even knowing it was “around” I had to do an app verification to make sure the mother ship wasn’t coming in hot! Or per usual... Aliens!!! There vessels are a lot whiter in appearance from my experience. a reply to: scar

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Very difficult to say anything about these kind of sightings, but thank you for sharing.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: IrateCanadian

Yes exactly, the normal satellites we see here in MB are little pin prick lights in the sky, but this was HUGE and bright.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Cogidubnus

I checked the location of the ISS, I have the ISS HD Live app on my cell, it was way in the southern hemisphere at the time.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Hard to say as you don't give important details like time but the ISS is in your area.
spotthestation.nasa.gov...

The brightest object I've ever seen moving in the sky at night was the ISS.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: scar
This is the second time in 2 nights my gf and I both seen this light moving in the perfectly clear night sky. By the time I picked both of them up, they were about a 45 degree angle and continued at the same speed across the horizon, moving at the speed of a plane I would say. It was not the ISS as I checked the location of its path, and it was not a plane, it never blinked or made noise as a jet would. If it was a sat., the sun was reflecting a HUGE amount of light on it.
This was the largest and brightest object I have ever seen moving in the sky at night, and I have seem alot over the years.

Possibly an Iridium Flare?

I've seen a few in my time, the satellites move across the sky then suddenly brighten up by massive amounts for a few seconds although i have seen one last for 30 seconds or so. Actually more common than you think especially if you look up often.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

The ISS can often be the brightest non-transient thing in the might sky apart from the Moon. With a maximum apparent magnitude of -5.90, the ISS can be brighter than Venus' maximum magnitude of -4.92.

However, since you say you checked and the ISS wasn't passing, then maybe it was an iridium flare -- although iridium flares only last a few seconds at best.

By the way, you said it wasn't a plane because it didn't blink or make noise. However, a plane can be positioned in a way that its bright landing light obscures the blinking lights from you viewpoint, and it could be far enough away that you can't hear it. I live more than 20 miles from my local airport, but it is not uncommon for me to be able to see a single very bright landing light on planes that are too far from me to be heard.

I'm not saying that's what you saw. I'm just saying that just because you don't see blinking or hear a plane doesn't mean it can't be a plane.

edit on 5/21/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Here is a nice example of the kind i have seen.
edit on 21/5/19 by Grenade because: Link not working

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

originally posted by: scar

Possibly an Iridium Flare?

I've seen a few in my time, the satellites move across the sky then suddenly brighten up by massive amounts for a few seconds although i have seen one last for 30 seconds or so. Actually more common than you think especially if you look up often.

this

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   
There's been some weirdness in the night sky of late. I've seen many odd satellite looking lights that change course in a very unsatellite-ish manner, a meteor that seemed too fast... covered a fourth of the sky in a mere flash that left quite an afterimage and seemed much faster than any I'd seen. If it was natural, it was hauling butt.

Also, watched a small, tiny, intense red light move slowly over my city and hover for 10 or 15 minutes, then moved slowly away and it suddenly switched on standard FAA lighting, then slowed and reverted to the single, intense red point before going back to airplane mode and disappearing. I guessed some newfangled govmt drone or covert helicopter, but it was noticeably odd and from the distance it seemed to be, it was far too big for a hobbyist drone.

I guess I'm saying a lot is going on up there and much of it is a secret ... but it isn't necessarily aliens.
edit on 5/21/2019 by Baddogma because: grammar debacle I happened to notice

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Agreed to high strangeness. I live out on the Chesapeake Bay and it’s some of the bet night sky’s around. We have this great neighborhood dock that goes wayyy our and it’s almost as dark as the Sahara or Deep ADK wilderness. Maybe two months ago I saw a bright flash “turned on” in the sky at around 5am. 30 seconds later and I
The flash re appeared in the exact same spot but stayed this time! My heart stopped for a second! Holy crap that was not normal was my first thought. Whipped out the iPhone to take some photos or a video or something and no less than 10 seconds after the bright white light appeared a smaller, equally white light “birthed” out of this original, slightly larger light ball high up in the sky! The video is terrible but the commentary is hysterical! Basically me bartering with aliens take me and not mess with the lady or our soon to be born twin dudes. (They were born and are awesome haha April 4th two identical little boys! For sure part alien, the one has black eyes and growls.... uuhhh hmm still cute tho! Wild stuff) so this smaller light goes in a perfectly straight trajectory due North almost following the coast. I have a huge swath of bay I can see, literally from the bay bridge down to Calvert county (the Dover cliffs of MD, very cool) and I watched this light travel for close to a minute and out of no where it started to dissipate and dissapeard entirely. I assumed I would be able to see it until the horizon but it almost looked to me like it was coming in for a landing if you will. It was high level strangeness all around and I stayed out there until I couldn’t see stars any more. I checked my star guide app and this bright white light that never turned off again and lingered until well into day break was exactly where the star Arcturus was supposed to be. Had I not seen the whole event play out I would have played each piece off as a bright star and a satellite. But unfortunately I did see it all and I can’t unsee it and as another above posted have seen a plethora of weird flashes, strange lights that go in weird directions and a massively long bright green firework explosion that lasted close to 5 seconds and traversed the entirety of the bays horizon from my perspective at least. Three others saw that one and it was actually unnerving. My stomach actually lurched and I braced for impact. We all did and everyone that had seen it online had similar stories. It looked like a crazy green firework. Beautiful and exciting! I even reported to MUFON because I just had to tell somebody. I think offering to be the guys assistant and just wanting to hang out scared the poor guy away. So I can just check that one off the list bahaha! I have no idea but Just keep looking up! Thanks for listening

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I saw something similar about 15 or so years ago. It was a solid orb of light traveling across the sky not too far above the tree line. It wasn't directly overhead, but maybe a mile or so away. I don't recall if it made a specific sound, but I do recall that as it neared there was radio interference, and I have never experienced that happening before.

This was definitely and in-atmosphere craft, so no Space Station or satellite, and without the usual blinking lights or green/red of typical craft.

Truly odd.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join