It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More with Less...Where's the Breaking Point?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Malisa
They've been programmed with this sense of entitlement like nothing I've ever seen before.

Yes, I agree. I don't know where that comes from. Since companies seem to target the 18-35 age group, maybe that's where it comes from. In my opinion, everything was still good until about 20 to 30 years ago. Just about the time when Millenials started becoming the target group that companies seem to only want to cater to. But, where are those Millenials? Stuck with their noses glued to their cellphones and not really adding anything useful to society. Heck, they can't even socialize properly.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Malisa

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

LOL!

LOL - that phrase is one of their biggest contributions so far. Quite helpful, isn't it?

Can i ask, who would be "they"?

If you could follow along with the conversation, you would have known the answer to that.
edit on 19-5-2019 by TrulyColorBlind because: Coding didn't work properly.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Ahhh...crickets from Malisa!

There is no response! No answer.

How profound!

ETA...Just a nasty and caustic bad attitude, with nothing left to offer.

How encouraging. Yeah, Malisa, I know exactly what kind of person you are. Exactly.

Run, like you do. Just as fast as you can!

edit on 5/19/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

LOL!

LOL - that phrase is one of their biggest contributions so far. Quite helpful, isn't it?

Can i ask, who would be "they"?

If you could follow along with the conversation, you would have known the answer to that.

I too, like to bail out like that

What an interesting argument you have there, of course you skipped an actual answer to anything i said but that's cool lol

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   

a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Ahhh...crickets from Malisa!

How profound!

How encouraging. Yeah, Malisa, I know exactly what kind of person you are. Exactly.

lol.. I was out, have a life to live you know? Going out and stuff

I have not even read your reply yet, but again you went full dumb and assumed things.. as usual

My life doesn't turn around ATS like yours do, that's why i don't post a hundred threads a week about the smallest details of my life

Anyway I don't think you understand that i have other stuff to do and can't be all day here like you. But somehow, to your fragile ego, this means i had nothing to say and ran away scared of you.. LOL!

Didn't know you were so needy, i really though you couldn't care less and there you are, being bothered because you did not get an answer in 5 minutes.

But to be honest i did try to check ATS earlier today, it was so slow to load that i got bored and just closed the page. I barely was able to see the My ATS page and never managed to load any of the replies so whatever, i had stuff to do so i dropped it until now

But seriously what's the deal, i don't care if you reply today or tomorrow or never, it doesn't mean anything at all. Last thing i would do is assume it means i was so grandiose that the other person ran away in shame.. LMFAO!

edit on 19-5-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   

As I noted previously, you really seem to have quite the chip on your shoulder. So let me ask you this, oh great successful one...

Do you live in your own home? Do you own that home? Or, are you just a keyboard commando from Mom's basement?

I rent my own house, i don't own one, i don't own a home obviously. I never said i was "successful" like you implied, that came from your inner hate towards younger people

I bought my first home at 24 (approximately the same age you are now).

Great for your, turns out we have it so much harder due to the world being crap that we can't do that anymore like you did, look up the actual reasons for that instead of just saying "in my time i did this and that at your age"

And, seeing as how you think I have somehow single-handedly ruined society for all future generations, you do realize that purchase supported people's jobs and paid for people's families.

Again this was in YOUR time, but your generation, the one that can't stop complaining about everything is the same one that caused us to not be able to have the same things, have you ever used logic at all?

Let me explain this, if you are bothered by a dumb thing not being as good as it was in 'your time' and that makes you think life is crap, then put yourself in my shows because i have lived with this crap all my life and i don't have a way to know how good life was 'in your time' because you all ruined it for us and now complain we don't have good things anymore so it must be our fault

Can you say the same? I hire people practically monthly for full-time, career grade, positions and actively seek out people from your generation.

How can i say the same if you keep destroying the world without listening and giving us a chance to fix it, you want your special attention because 'you earned it' and you want the best, f*ck the world if you don't get it

I try to do my best but as it turns out most people your age have gone full deaf about our problems and push the blame into us, when clearly just by actually looking at history and inspecting the facts you can see who caused the world to become crap. Own it up and talk about solutions instead of complaining

Can you say the same?

Again, this doesn't validate you at all, it just means you had time to build a business and run things, my mom does the same and she had to raise me on her own and started with nothing at all, basically having to leave home and work selling clothes and bagging groceries, this has nothing to do with generations but with how much effort you put to get through, she worked her ass off so i could go to school and i'm here doing exactly that.

Nice for you to have your own home at 24 but that doesn't mean anything to me, i rent my own apartment now and i am happy with my life, i did not had the chances you have and that's cool. I won't fail my mom because she put a lot of effort and basically gave up her youth to get me through and that's how life is, not everyone has the same opportunities

Sadly though, many wind up quitting because they think these professional positions are beneath them and are unwilling to put in the time and effort required. They've been programmed with this sense of entitlement like nothing I've ever seen before.

Well if they are stupid they filter out themselves, who cares, if you gave them a good chance at life and they end up in mediocrity that's on them not you

Instead, they gladly shop at places like Walmart (to save money), which further perpetuates the very thing I talk about in the OP. They gladly purchase some Chinese knock-off just because it says "Nike" (or something) on it, knowing full-well Nike probably didn't even license it let alone produce it. So how do you stack up here? Are you one of them?

I don't care about any of that, dumb people are dumb

For all your negative and caustic words, are you part of the solution, and if so, how? Or, are you part of problem?

I clearly stated at the end of my OP, I continue to try to help the younger generations not let this downward spiral continue, and that I do believe and I do care. Yet your only contribution is 'I chose the wrong thing to care about, and the wrong thing to believe in'. So do tell us, 'oh wise one'...what is it YOU believe in and what do YOU care about? And, how is it any different?

You said all that but your attitude is about complaining and you can't hide that you assume young people are dumb and somehow stupid because it comes through in your comments

You just said so earlier but you did not even realized because you lost the big picture, you can't see yourself from the outside anymore because you are too self centered by now. You just don't get it

I don't have your resources and most people my age don't also

I know people, including my own family, who have lots of resources but i do on my own most of the time

I know how it feels to want some shoes/clothes/stuff and not being able to buy them,i can go to my cousin's room and she has like 30 pairs of shoes, I don't complain about it, is not what i can afford and so be it, no complain

Stop complaining, nothing you have done in this world and life means you deserve special treatment, nothing. Everything was paid for, everything was in exchange for something else, you don't deserve better treatment than anyone else and if the things you can buy are not as good as they used to be, figure out why instead of opening a thread about it to complain more.

In whatever way you want to write your mind spaghetti, you always do it from pov of someone who is above all the people that you think are causing the world to be crap

You miss the entire reality of how your generation was the one that turned the world into crap, and how we are just basically managing to survive now while having to hear your constant complaining about every single thing that doesn't live up to your fabulous standards (which your generation caused to become impossible to reach)

If you had a chance to live a life without all your nice things for 2/3 years and start from scratch in this world, not the one you grew up but this one, would you do it?

Maybe that would be the only way to understand why things can't be like you like anymore, and why people are not doing so great as you did way back. Stop assuming people today have the same chances you had or can do the same things at the same age somehow, while having like 10% the opportunities you had. That's not how it works at all

There's obviously a big generational gap between us and i'm starting think it's pointless to talk about it anymore, because it always ends up in the same way..

"i my days i did this and that"
"i do this and that (ignoring you had like twice my current age to build it up)"
"you kids today and dumb and this and that"
"look at this crap, in my days we had good stuff"

but we never hear anything close to

"we wanted the best of everything every single time, we forced the world to produce it so much that we did not think future generations would not have enough to live a similar or at least a nice life"

Why do you guys complain so much? You had a nice life, you left little for anyone else, stop complaining!

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   
To quote Malisa when they said "you left little for anyone else"

Why do you keep saying that lie? There's more now than when I was a kid. Heck, they hadn't even invented Pringles until I was teenager, and then, only the one original flavor. The last time I was at the store, they had 20 different flavors! 20 different flavors! You have more flavors now than what you know to do with! And still that's apparently not good enough because people like you rant and rave saying the older generation didn't leave you anything. Bosh!
edit on 19-5-2019 by TrulyColorBlind because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-5-2019 by TrulyColorBlind because: I can't get the coding to display properly, hence my numerous attempts at editing.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Why do you keep saying that lie? There's more now than when I was a kid. Heck, they hadn't even invented Pringles until I was teenager, and then, only the one original flavor. The last time I was at the store, they had 20 different flavors! 20 different flavors! You have more flavors now than what you know to do with! And still that's apparently not good enough because people like you rant and rave saying the older generation didn't leave you anything. Bosh!

Is not about how much crap, it's about the quality of the crap......... LMFAO!

You could have a gazillion options of food, but all that food is fake and will give you cancer or just make you unhealthy in one way or another, which one you choose?

And the food that doesn't have some of those side effects? You can't afford it or is just not available anymore

I can see you don't have a clue what's going on, you don't get it at all :S

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Is not about how much crap, it's about the quality of the crap......... LMFAO!

You could have a gazillion options of food, but all that food is fake and will give you cancer or just make you unhealthy in one way or another, which one you choose?

And the food that doesn't have some of those side effects? You can't afford it or is just not available anymore

I can see you don't have a clue what's going on, you don't get it at all :S

Your generation can't even be bothered with using correct English. Why would you expect anyone to listen to you? I, for one, will not respond any longer to your juvenile, uneducated rants. Grow up.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Your generation can't even be bothered with using correct English. Why would you expect anyone to listen to you? I, for one, will not respond any longer to your juvenile, uneducated rants. Grow up.

Please learn to use the site first, i'm not going to keep fixing your posts forever LOL!

I could not care less about your replies, you have nothing to say so far but pointing out small meaningless details while avoiding reality. You're boring

I will grow up for sure, on time. What's your excuse for failing to provide factual arguments and getting exposed as someone unable to figure out reality, with every comment you make? LMFAO!

Run away now little bitter person

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 02:31 AM
link   
A truly good example of youngsters thinking they know everything. A wise man once said it is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it. Too late.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 02:07 AM
link   

A truly good example of youngsters thinking they know everything. A wise man once said it is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it. Too late.

That's why you should not have spoken at all in this thread, just look at how you failed in your ignorance, post by post!

I'm still waiting, do you know how i learned that 'LOL' is a word invented like 40 years ago?

Don't run away in shame again please.
edit on 22-5-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Ahhh...crickets from Flyingclaydisk!

How profound!

How encouraging. Yeah, Flyingclaydisk, I know exactly what kind of person you are. Exactly.

Also keep complaining, is so much fun being around to see your decline in life because in aaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllll this time you could not figure out that you were just running away from some other stuff and you turned into the thing you hate the most.. "a self entitled teenager like you never saw before"

I see lighters are causing you terrible harm these days, you should talk to your doctor about it, maybe he'll have some pills to take the horrible nasty evil lighters away from you.

But don't worry mister! Modern medicine will make sure those lighters go away soon enough and stop bothering you...

Let's just hope those pills are not low quality like the lighters and those horrible other things you disapprove of

Terrible world i tell you! Terrible! This young poooople can't make things right i tell you! they all fools i tell you! In my days we had good stuff, not like this i tell uuu, but really good stuff. You would never know, you dumb, we had the good stuff! This foolish youngsters can't get it right!

HAHAHAHA ohhhh i'm sad now

Love You!

Lol!

Do you even get it now? Or Nah?

How can you not get that you along with all the people you mixed up while young, thought the world belong to you and wasted it so much that little was left for the next generations and that your dumb attitude of "me me me" and self entitlement is the reason you can't have nice things these days?

And how can't you not figure out that the rest of the world is lacking the same things as you do but they never keep complaining about it like you do, self entitled old child?

And how come you are unable to see that you caused it all? And by you i mean you all old people from back then. Because you are part of a group of people that assumed they owned the world and blah blah blah give me give me give me! Screw everyone else, give it to meee!

How can you be so dense?

I never thought i would met a man child like you, but i did! Just look at you bragging about your house.. Money money money! Somehow you think money makes you better than me, and so you had nothing else to say so you ended up bragging about how much rich you are compared to me? Top quality human being right there! LMFAO!

This is a case study for sure, thank you so much, you fit all the specs i needed in a very spectacular way. I ended up feeling sad about you but not much, because you are an ugly person inside. You just use money to earn trust and love and that's sad

You know.. There's a reason that show i posted was called "That 70's show" lol, you are just like that and they made fun of that. You just can't figure out you are the joke in the show

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:51 AM
link   

So, what you're an ATS stalker now??

Grrrreat!

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Grrrreat!

I copied your post word by word then acted like an arrogant fool so you can see how you looked back there when you posted the exact same thing as a reply to ME!

haha were you drunk when your wrote that what? The first part of my post was written by you, i just switched the name... LMFAO!!!!!

What a weak response haha, now you really made me sad

You posted that when i took a bit to reply because i was busy with school work then went to eat out.

Now you say i'm a stalker but i was just copying you, so what does that make you? Those are your words man... You wrote them not me

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Grrrreat!

I copied your post word by word then acted like an arrogant fool so you can see how you looked back there when you posted the exact same thing as a reply to ME!

haha were you drunk when your wrote that what? The first part of my post was written by you, i just switched the name... LMFAO!!!!!

Yeah, you did it not once, but twice. I am acutely aware of what I write, thank you.

You posted that when i took a bit to reply because i was busy with school work then went to eat out.

Now you say i'm a stalker but i was just copying you, so what does that make you? Those are your words man... You wrote them not me...

Again, twice. Oh, and the stalker reference was the point of taking comments in another OP and using them in this thread. That's the stalker part.

As for being sad or otherwise, feel as you must, it is of no matter to me.

I will say this though; you are an interesting character here. Over your time here on ATS I have read a number of your posts (probably most of them). This is not due to some fixation on you personally, I read lots and lots of posts here, and respond to a few. Some of them I actually think are well thought out and well written, and I actually agree with many of them. However, you seem to have taken particular interest in accosting and insulting me personally, which I find interesting. Don't get me wrong, I'm not "hurt" by it or anything (it is the interwebz after all), but I find it interesting the lengths you've gone to in an attempt to paint me as this horrible, horrible, person.

I guess everyone needs someone to hate (on the interwebz). So, I guess if that person is me, then so be it. **shrug** I can't say I've ever felt that emotion though, or the need to express it as pointedly and exhaustively as you do here on ATS.

Kind of a shame really. We might have had some good conversations otherwise.
edit on 5/22/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Grrrreat!

Yeah, you did it not once, but twice. I am acutely aware of what I write, thank you.

Now you say i'm a stalker but i was just copying you, so what does that make you? Those are your words man... You wrote them not me...

Again, twice. Oh, and the stalker reference was the point of taking comments in another OP and using them in this thread. That's the stalker part.

As for being sad or otherwise, feel as you must, it is of no matter to me.

I will say this though; you are an interesting character here. Over your time here on ATS I have read a number of your posts (probably most of them). This is not due to some fixation on you personally, I read lots and lots of posts here, and respond to a few. Some of them I actually think are well thought out and well written, and I actually agree with many of them. However, you seem to have taken particular interest in accosting and insulting me personally, which I find interesting. Don't get me wrong, I'm not "hurt" by it or anything (it is the interwebz after all), but I find it interesting the lengths you've gone to in an attempt to paint me as this horrible, horrible, person.

I guess everyone needs someone to hate (on the interwebz). So, I guess if that person is me, then so be it. **shrug** I can't say I've ever felt that emotion though, or the need to express it as pointedly and exhaustively as you do here on ATS.

Kind of a shame really. We might have had some good conversations otherwise.

LMFAO i'm not likeable i know, sorry.

I will go away now anyway, have a lot of stuff to do and been procrastinating a lot plus traveling and got way behind on classes

Take care and be well

Bye

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join