It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing 15 yo girl from Berkeley Springs WV

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   
This tragedy happened a week ago in a neighboring state but, still close enough for me to feel obligated to help in the search for her. My son and I joined the community in a volunteer search today because we are relatively close and somewhat familiar with the area.

It’s heartbreaking as a parent to even imagine going through something of this magnitude [snipped]

Thank you to olaru for replying to my initial board question and for offering to help.

www.facebook.com...
www.nbcnews.com...

edit on 15-5-2019 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu May 16 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: solicitation ...request removed

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

Yep..
Same girl I thought you were refering to in the other thread. It has been mentioned here in Pittsburgh PA on KDKA WPXI and WTAE.. it's been reported here she may have been kidnapped.

Thanks for posting.
Hoping for the Besbest t outcome fingers crossed..

Riley Crossman is described as being 5’6” tall and weighing 125 lbs. with blue eyes and blonde hair. Riley’s family urges the public to also look for girls with all hair colors, as they believe Riley may have been abducted and could have been forced to change her appearance. If you have any information on the circumstances surrounding Riley’s disappearance, please call the Morgan County Sheriff’s Office at 304-258-1067.

edit on 15-5-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Most likely a kidnapping...there were quite a few Pennsylvania folks who joined the search today actually. There were people from VA, DC, MD and obviously from different parts if WV. If you could help spread the word, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you
edit on 15-5-2019 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Thanks for uploading the pics!

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Will do

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
My husband and I visit Berkeley Springs several times a year for different reasons and it really is a tight community. I was there for a music festival 2 days before she went missing and it’s just been hard to shake a sense of wanting to help in any way possible.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   

m.facebook.com... _story_key.601346453689681%3Agroup_id.598781920612801%3Atop_level_post_id.601346453689681%3Atl_objid.601346453689681%3Acontent_owner_id_new.1000018873 31058%3Aoriginal_content_id.1572133946253225%3Aoriginal_content_owner_id.100001887331058%3Asrc.22%3Aphoto_id.2726982240707994%3Astory_location.6%3Aatt ached_story_attachment_style.photo&__tn__=EHH-R

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   
None of the articles seen mention where she tried calling her boyfriend from, the morning she went missing. Surely they can see if she tried calling from her house or if she was somewhere else?

Just curious and seeing if anyone had read anything about that.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
None of the articles seen mention where she tried calling her boyfriend from, the morning she went missing. Surely they can see if she tried calling from her house or if she was somewhere else?

Just curious and seeing if anyone had read anything about that.

Good point.

Riley’s boyfriend would later tell family that he was on a video call with her until about 10:30 that night. Another friend said she was texting Riley until almost midnight. Family says phone records show that Riley’s phone was then inactive until around 5:40 a.m., at which time she tried to video call her boyfriend. Her boyfriend, who was asleep at the time, missed the call.

There is no sign of distress at least till midnight prior since she was texting friends, But no telling why ( if normal for her ) to be video calling at 5:40 am to her boyfriend. Only that 5:40 am was the last time her phone was used.
Here's a map...

Coordinates
39.6181440, -78.2320795

edit on 16-5-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Right..but was her phone used within her house, at 540AM, or was she somewhere else when she used her phone at 540AM?

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Right..but was her phone used within her house, at 540AM, or was she somewhere else when she used her phone at 540AM?

Yes I was agreeing with you, it does not say whether the phone was bouncing off a nearby tower or if the homes Wi-Fi was in use. My phone when at home uses the router or Wi-Fi if you will. There's no mention of which was used, tower or router. Only that 5:40 am was the last time her phone was used. And if they can't get through to her phone to triangulate... then the phone is either turned off or destroyed.

It concerns me that there a wooded area there and the Potomac river. It's very clear she is close to her mother and is alway in contact.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Yes I was agreeing with you, it does not say whether the phone was bouncing off a nearby tower or if the homes Wi-Fi was in use. My phone when at home uses the router or Wi-Fi if you will. There's no mention of which was used, tower or router. Only that 5:40 am was the last time her phone was used. And if they can't get through to her phone to triangulate... then the phone is either turned off or destroyed.

It concerns me that there a wooded area there and the Potomac river. It's very clear she is close to her mother and is alway in contact.

Got it. I think they can get cell phone records though, which will show which tower she pinged from (if she used a cell phone). Sometimes it will ping off of a tower that's not necessarily closest to where they were at the time of the call, but they can at least have a place to start. I could be totally wrong about that, but I think not only because I listened to a podcast a few years ago ("Serial;" It was her first series and the subsequent series didn't even come close to matching the excellence of that first one) and much of the trial was focused on obtaining and then reading the cell phone records and tower locations.

The wooded area concerns me too. I wonder if we can see her house in the map you posted. A couple of the articles said ahe lives on that Route 522, across the street from the school.

Her poor biyfriend- he must be feeling so bad for missing that attemoted Facebook video call. I wonder if that was their normal mode of communication? Actually now that I think about it, pretty much all cell phones these days have some way to video chat? Why would they go through Facebook?

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

The wooded area concerns me too. I wonder if we can see her house in the map you posted. A couple of the articles said ahe lives on that Route 522, across the street from the school. 

I actually tried to do street view in Berkeley Springs and Route 522 is the only road with street view. The whole town is not available to street view. You can see the high school off 522. Tried to see if the school had cameras. No luck.

Edit: address was not given.

edit on 16-5-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Not pointing fingers, perhaps authorities need to speak to the father again. And check those power line right of was.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: KansasGirl

I actually tried to do street view in Berkeley Springs and Route 522 is the only road with street view. The whole town is not available to street view. You can see the high school off 522. Tried to see if the school had cameras. No luck.

Edit: address was not given.

While driving through the town yesterday on my way to the search, I specifically looked for any cameras on any homes or businesses and saw none. I’m sure the HS has them in the parking lots but doubtful they point off the property.

The whole area is surrounded by wooded areas which is where most of the search parties were sent yesterday but, with no luck. Someone on the Facebook page mentioned dash cams on semi trucks that travel that route as a short cut...there are always a ton of them on that road.But, I’m not sure if the police have already thought of that or pursued it.

As usual, there is alway speculation and rumors swirling in the community and I heard this morning a rumor that a family member is involved but, nothing specific.

I haven’t heard of any future searches being planned but, I’ll be sure to be there if they do. So sad

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I'm wondering if they're not revealing her location when she made the attempted call in the morning on purpose. That way if any witnesses come forward that say they saw her around that time they can verify their story is legit.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I saw 522 and greenway Dr in one of the flyers. Not exactly across the street from the school, but still near.

m.facebook.com...
edit on KAmerica/Chicago5310000002019-05-16T10:30:01-05:00k19Mayam by Kentuckymama because: Added link

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

The best thing to do right now is pray for the girl's return.
Heavenly Father,we pray you will let that missing girl be found.
We pray for her safety and quick return to her family.In Yeshua/
Jesus name,amen.

I will add this missing girl's name to other prayer groups out there.
edit on 16-5-2019 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Are there any national parks near there?

I saw that a park was mentioned, I'm guessing that's a local spot.

Also, I've suggested this before for other similar cases.
Employers in that area should take note, if an employee called out that day, or requested to leave early on that day.
If I was a kidnapper, and I just got myself a fresh new target... I'd probably want the day off.
It was early enough in the morning that maybe they would go to work, to avoid as much suspicion as possible, but would want to get home so bad, they'd request an early leave to go check on their prize.

(The mindset is twisted, but there is a logic to it.)

If they make a canvassing list, employees that called out/were late/left early on that day, in the area, should probably be on such a list.
edit on 16-5-2019 by Archivalist because: Tips

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Pretty sure they arrested the moms boyfriend for Rileys murder.

www.heraldmailmedia.com... html?fbclid=IwAR0SF7yB4odUmGTlEYqa1iADDtusIb8ymocK9KmVfgdifXPW0PTfS2pyrK0
edit on KAmerica/Chicago5310000002019-05-16T15:14:16-05:00k19Maypm by Kentuckymama because: Added link

edit on KAmerica/Chicago5310000002019-05-16T15:14:46-05:00k19Maypm by Kentuckymama because: Added link

top topics

<<   2 >>

join