It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dark Side of Bill Nye

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I had always assumed Nye was an actual scientist and never bothered to look into his background much. Then I watched that big debate he had with that creationist dude, Ken Ham. I was astounded by how poorly Nye did debating a guy that was obvious low hanging fruit. After that I did some digging into his background and wasn't surprised to learn he was little more than a showman. A smart showman, but a showman just the same.

PS. I'm not saying Nye lost the debate to Ham. They both did a terrible job at presenting their arguments. I just expected a lot more out of Nye.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Neil DeGrass Tyson probably debunked that on Twitter already.

'wrong. The term mother***er originated from Copernicus.'

If the man wants to entertain, then let us be entertained. Maybe he'll tell us how to properly pronounce Uranus.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: sooth

If nothing else, the enormous credibility bestowed on Nye for saying all the right things should be a warning to people about how far certain quarters will go to promote their agendas, even going so far as to prop up and lend legitimacy to those who merely say the right things.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   
It's funny because people are focusing more on his language than the actual message he's sending here. Saying it nicely didn't work so have some f#!$ing facts. Seems to do the trick for hip hop artists who never have anything useful to say, worth a shot. Also he's a grown adult trying to drill science into our skulls after decades of educating us as kids, and you wonder why he's frustrated.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   
There is "educated science". Then there is "real science". You know? Like they tell you in, "Science 101"? Like,. "Science is a search for truth"!.. Then they argue about all, and any questions?.. How dare you question!!??! After all? You're "paying" them to teach you! How dare you, get what you pay for!

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I'll stick with mr wizard.

Or his REAL Title .....Lying Sack of S..t .......

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

He's "frustrated", because he doesn't even believe himself! He's a "trained scientist"! Any monkey can be trained!.
Give me thirty minutes with Bill Nye? I'll make a "believer" out of him.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   

The "language" is very "elementary".. Not even an issue. The "message" isn't basic commonsense.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I never liked Bill Nye (yes Beckman was far cooler), but the kids did, so I'd catch some of his BS once and awhile. Once I heard him spew that he really believed that science would solve all of mankind's problems one day and that made me think.

I thought about it and the realization came to mind that science actually caused most of greatest problems mankind has now today. Whatever technology that came from scientific research was abused and misused to the point of becoming a threat of one kind or another to man or nature. For everything we give science credit for by way of improving the human condition, there are just as many, if not more, consequences that screwed us over royally. Mankind will always have problems, but IMO science has made many problems worse and added more that we never had before.

I believe it's true that science solves many problems, but it always gets misused or has unintended negative consequences. Humans can never leave well enough alone, so when we make a scientific discovery we think we have all the answers and have to mess around with it until it creates problems or we just get careless with it. We can never use it without having it get out of control or doing things with it that end up being destructive.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I think Bill's been sniffing too many science experiments. Such a great #$% Family type, lets sit round the telly and watch some value style entertainment.

No, not really. I'm embarrassed for this guy, truly I am.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

The plant is burning! The planet is burning ...

It's mid-May and I just got my furnace turned off ... again.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

And mr wizard is laughing all the way to the bank.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I love Neil DeGrass Tyson's space shows, but honestly: he's not any more qualified to speak about climate change than Nye is. Tyson is an astrophysicist; his work is almost purely theoretical.
edit on 14-5-2019 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Hey, he's on MSNBC right now.
They showed the same clip with bleeps.

I'm gonna watch it.

Carbon dioxide hits a level not seen for 3 million years. Here's what that means for climate change — and humanity.
May 14, 2019, 1:39 AM PDT
By Denise Chow

On Saturday, sensors at the Mauna Loa Observatory in Hawaii indicated that concentrations of the greenhouse gas — a byproduct of the burning of fossil fuels — had reached 415 parts per million (ppm), meaning that for every 1 million molecules of gas in the atmosphere, 415 were of carbon dioxide.

So that's why he was on.

He said that the rate of change in atmospheric temperature has been increasing in recent years as compared to rate of change in the million years before.
edit on 14-5-2019 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
When the right comes up with legit sources that counter climate change science then I will listen. All they have so far is science by people bought and paid for by big oil and others.

Until then...

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: W0LF3

In the other 3 listed in that second comic, challenges and testing of the theories of a round Earth, gravity, and evolution were all encouraged and embraced... with climate change we have entered the first ever example of "science" bypassing the Scientific Method with "You dare question our theories!?!? You call for proof from us!?!? DENIER!!! DENIER!!! DENIER!!!!"

The Ten Signs You're In A Cult

If you’re not allowed to criticize your leader, even if the criticism is true, you’re probably in a cult.

The "leader" in this case is whatever the AGW authority's "narrative of the day" is.

2. The group suppresses skepticism
If you’re only allowed to study your organization through approved sources, you’re probably in a cult.

Boy howdy, that's a homerun.

3. The group delegitimizes former members
If you can’t think of a legitimate reason for leaving your group, you’re probably in a cult.

Look at how Dr John Bates has been treated by the AGW cult since he blew the whistle on the manipulation of data.

4. The group is paranoid about the outside world
If your group insists the end of the world is near, you’re probably in a cult.

So, do we have 12 years until doomsday or 10? Depends on which liberal politician trying to scare people into compliance we're asking the question to.

5. The group relies on shame cycles
If you need your group in order to feel worthy, loved, or sufficient, you’re probably in a cult.

Wow, another dinger!

6. The leader is above the law
If you’re held to a different moral standard, specifically in regard to sex, you’re probably in a cult.

Remember Algore's mansion being the largest water and energy user in the entire state of Tennessee? Look at all the jet planes and rental Hummers used by the asshat celebrities pushing the AGW narrative! Looks like yet another homer.

7. The group uses “thought reform” methods
If your serious questions are answered with cliches, you’re probably in a cult.

The Green New Deal relies entirely on this. psmag.com...

Yet we must imagine a hypothetical country made sustainable by the Green New Deal. And within that reality, our current plastic-tossing, oil-dependent, meat-devouring lifestyles will be unimaginable. It's time to start shifting toward more sustainable lifestyles—now.

The very foundations of the way we live will change under a Green New Deal—a splendid realization, in the right context. Free of poverty and of the energy sources that are choking and killing us, the future for the climate, and for individuals, could begin to look bright and stable. The upshot is that the Green New Deal will ultimately make us happier, even if we have to change our lifestyles.

If that's not an exercise in doublethink and thought control, what is?

8. The group is elitist
If your group is the solution for all the world’s problems, you’re probably in a cult.

LMGDAO!!! Holy flurking snit, if that isn't the grandest towering homerun shot we've seen in this... We're 8 for 8 so far.

9. There is no financial transparency
If you’re not allowed to know what the group does with their money, you’re probably in a cult.

And another one. AGW has obfuscated their finances so much it's near impossible to follow the money, but the ever growing wealth of folks like Algore and Tom Styer speak loud and clear on this issue.

10. The group performs secret rites
If there are secret teachings or ceremonies you didn’t discover until after you joined, you’re probably in a cult.

www.climatechangenews.com...

There’s a secret UN climate summit taking place in Mexico

I suspect number 10 will ultimately expose itself, but presently the cult is doing a damn good job covering it's closed door activity... this is likely facilitated by the fact that anyone who dares ask for evidence or further explanation is ostracized and shouted down, meaning the vast majority of cultists have no freaking clue what's being discussed by their overlords or what's being plotted to separate them (willingly) from their money, freedom, and individuality.

Personally, I can only say I hope this cult goes Jonestown sooner rather than later, making it a completely self correcting problem... but somehow I expect this doomsday cult will be a lot more impactful on non-cultists long before they start putting on their own track suits and drinking spiked glasses of Kool Aid... and that sucks, because their retardation then impacts all of us rather than having the dignity to keep it solely within their own ranks.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

On Saturday, sensors at the Mauna Loa Observatory in Hawaii indicated that concentrations of the greenhouse gas — a byproduct of the burning of fossil fuels — had reached 415 parts per million (ppm), meaning that for every 1 million molecules of gas in the atmosphere, 415 were of carbon dioxide.

Would those sensors be somewhere around an erupting volcano?

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Doesn't look like it from these pictures.

Live Cameras - 15 minutes between updates

And here's a chart of 60 years of readings

edit on 14-5-2019 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Wow, went from .00032 percent of the atmosphere in that area to .00045 percent. That's an amazing amount of a gas that is about 100 times less able than water vapor to retain heat (I have no idea what the actual amount is, but I know for a fact that water is vastly more of a heat storing chemical than carbon dioxide could ever hope to be).

I am getting to a point where I just cannot argue with climate change people. There is no point. Same arguments no matter what evidence is presented. YOU ARE PART OF A CULT as burdman30ott6 pointed out with great clarity.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

They look to be 4.5 miles north-northeast of the Mauna Loa caldera. On the 12th, the predominant wind was blowing out of the south-southwest across the volcano and directly towards the observatory.

Hilariously enough, if you Google CO2 and humidity, you'll note that higher CO2 at ground level is a boom for plants. Hawaii is a rain forest, so I'm sure it appreciates the additional CO2 from the recent volcanic activity around the islands. CO2 and robust humidity levels help prevent forests from dying. An interesting note our alarmist friends seem to neglect.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join