It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dark Side of Bill Nye

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

It doesn't have to be actively erupting in order to be spewing lots of CO2 though.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Mauna Loa's last major eruption was in 1950 and it's last minor eruption was in 1984... When not erupting, volcanoes produce a tremendous amount of gases, which vent all around the volcano. I'm sure the 69 year pause in it's eruption cycle has no bearing on the 60 year spiking gases detected, though.
:rolleyes:

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It doesn't have to be actively erupting in order to be spewing lots of CO2 though.

Actually, for ground level detection, an active eruption would produce lower amounts of CO2 as the majority would be ejected with enough force to reach higher in the atmosphere... even if it didn't reach the next level of the atmosphere above ground level, it would spew high enough to catch wind currents that would effectively carry it over the monitoring station in question. The growth rate in CO2 at that detection station seems very indicative of slow burn gas vents around the volcano.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

I am getting to a point where I just cannot argue with climate change people. There is no point.

Then don't.

YOU ARE PART OF A CULT as burdman30ott6 pointed out with great clarity.

That's kind of funny. Is that a number 5 shaming tactic?

That article that burdman linked to has a tag at the bottom, you should read it and look at the key phrase tags.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

I am getting to a point where I just cannot argue with climate change people. There is no point.

Then don't.

YOU ARE PART OF A CULT as burdman30ott6 pointed out with great clarity.

That's kind of funny. Is that a number 5 shaming tactic?

That article that burdman linked to has a tag at the bottom, you should read it and look at the key phrase tags.

You would love people to give up opposing this wealth distribution scheme. And all of you should be ashamed of yourselves for going along with it. They teach children this nonsense as if it is set in stone. They teach children that the world is going to end because of it - and it most certainly is not.

So, tongue in cheek I will "give up" opposing your strange religion. Which means in reality I never will.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I put him in the same catagory as that astrophysicist (Nail de-@zz Tyson)- actors playing a role and are there to push the narrative.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

You would love people to give up opposing this wealth distribution scheme.

Rising global average temperature due to increased greenhouse effect of rising CO2 levels is kind of a natural effect. It's not economics.

Wait, my bad! He did say "Nothing's free! Grow the (bleep) up!"
TANSTAFL baby

And all of you should be ashamed of yourselves for going along with it.

Again with the shaming.

They teach children that the world is going to end because of it - and it most certainly is not.

I don't know what they teach children. I should look at Elementary School text books to find out.

On the MSNBC interview, Bill Nye said just what you did. "The World isn't going to end from this. The World will be just fine. But the conditions of the World of 3 million years ago aren't conditions we would want to live in."

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
I put him in the same catagory as that astrophysicist (Nail de-@zz Tyson)- actors playing a role and are there to push the narrative.

Tyson is actually a scientist even though climate science isn't his field. Nye they use because he's important to so many millennial childhoods. It would be like using Mr. Hooper from Sesame Street to talk about economics. Sure, he's no economist, but as the shop keeper many of us grew up with, he has cred when it comes to buying and selling, so he played one on TV and he can sell the propaganda like Nye does.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join