It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Pro Abortion or Con Abortion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Con .

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Equating having a baby to slavery is stupid, yet you keep saying it as if it makes it true.

If these women don’t want kids, ultimately they shouldn’t be having sex. Since they do have sex, they know damn well what that could lead to, and they take the chance anyway.

They should either prepare for dealing with the consequences or abstain.

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Invalid some of us have a third opinion.

I would never try to tell a woman what to do with her body.

BUT: I hate the fact that some people consider abortion a form of birth control, I consider it murder, though once again I will not support outlawing abortion.

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Con,very much against abortion!

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Not my circus, not my monkey....

Happy mothers day!!

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Abortion is the ultimate infringement of rights to the unborn human.

That human’s rights end where the mother’s rights begin.

Does that baby have the right to use your body? Or another woman’s body?

This has to be the most disturbing thing I have read.

I have not followed this abortion argument close
But I was under the impression pro choice meant if a woman was assaulted or there was a medical reason or something.

The mother has to give consent to an unborn child like it was a stow-away or hitchhiker?

This is beyond rediculous. Women need to grow the ef up if they think this acceptable behavior.

Con!!

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Conservatives and their lies. Republicans are so concerned with life that is in the womb of a woman they'll never know but will also never know the supposed child they forced upon this woman. They will never know the struggles of this child nor do they care about it's life afterwards. The fact is, they don't give a fugg about the millions of children living in poverty or the children of the wars that they have called for. Life only matters to them if it enables them control of a woman and her body.

Meanwhile in heaven LMAO

edit on 12-5-2019 by W0LF3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: RandomPerson

I think if a woman doesn’t want a baby, she should take precautions against pregnancy using birth control. If that fails, she made the choice to take that chance, and should have to live with the consequences.

If the father is abusive or a deadbeat, the woman shouldn’t be sleeping with him and risking pregnancy, PERIOD. If she does, again it is her fault she’s pregnant and should have to accept the consequences. Her choice, her consequences.

As for pregnancies that are the result of rape, an argument could be made pro-abortion in my opinion, same with incestuous relationships. Thank god those are relatively rare, and along with pregnancies that may kill the mother they are the only reasons that make even a little sense.

You’re saying women should be able to kill the unborn babies because “Oopsie, I spread my legs and got preggernant, better tear to pieces this baby forming inside me, la la la!”

That is evil, and I will not side with it.

I’m guessing you have had 0 people interested in haveing sex with you. You have no idea what goes on around you do you? People are having sex all the time and it probably feels like violence being perpetrated on you. Grow up. Stay out of people’s business.

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

I think if a woman doesn’t want a baby, she should take precautions against pregnancy using birth control. If that fails, she made the choice to take that chance, and should have to live with the consequences.

If the father is abusive or a deadbeat, the woman shouldn’t be sleeping with him and risking pregnancy, PERIOD. If she does, again it is her fault she’s pregnant and should have to accept the consequences. Her choice, her consequences.

As for pregnancies that are the result of rape, an argument could be made pro-abortion in my opinion, same with incestuous relationships. Thank god those are relatively rare, and along with pregnancies that may kill the mother they are the only reasons that make even a little sense.

You’re saying women should be able to kill the unborn babies because “Oopsie, I spread my legs and got preggernant, better tear to pieces this baby forming inside me, la la la!”

That is evil, and I will not side with it.

I’m guessing you have had 0 people interested in haveing sex with you. You have no idea what goes on around you do you? People are having sex all the time and it probably feels like violence being perpetrated on you. Grow up. Stay out of people’s business.

I am not the poster you are responding to although we have similar screen names.

My wife is very aware of when she is fertile. So much so that she planned every one of our 3 pregnancies.
We are a week overdue with the current one. Waiting sucks. . .

If my wife can plan to get pregnant around her monthly cycle due to reading a couple of books, It's cannot be that hard to recognize what your body is doing.

So grow up yourself, do not throw shade at someone who disagrees with you.
Accidents do happen, but women have the power and knowledge accessible to them to avoid having sex at certain times to be sure they do not get pregnant.
To think otherwise is only demeaning to women.
edit on 12-5-2019 by randomtangentsrme because: GOT. . .

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I always thought it was funny that pro choice people have already been born, lucky.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

If my wife can plan to get pregnant around her monthly cycle due to reading a couple of books, It's cannot be that hard to recognize what your body is doing.

So grow up yourself, do not throw shade at someone who disagrees with you.
Accidents do happen, but women have the power and knowledge accessible to them to avoid having sex at certain times to be sure they do not get pregnant.
To think otherwise is only demeaning to women.

She's one of the lucky ones, nearly a third of women have irregular cycles fluctuating by a week or more. Acute environmental conditions such as stress, illness and hormone imbalances can throw it off making tracking an ineffective and unreliable method of birth control for a large portion of women.

--

I'm pro choice with ethical constraints. Pregnancy, childbirth and parenthood are the most complex and personal things in human existence; to treat it like a binary issue is morally reprehensible, unworkable in practice and would cause far more harm than good.

Sensible limits should be placed on abortions (18 - 24 weeks should be for severe/life-threatening medical conditions only. The upper limit should be set at least 10 days prior to the 26 week mark as that's recognised as the first point a foetus could experience any pain or sentience.
edit on 13-5-2019 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Pro.

To all of you saying people should abstain from having sex let me remind you it's one the few remaining pleasures that do not cost money, unless of course you can't pick up women and or you have children because they're expensive.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Get this: in the US we have the death penalty AND abortion. We kill for crime, and we kill for convenience. And the real kicker: its not the same party supporting either one. Each party has divied up its own little corner of acceptable murder, and nailed that plank to their platform.

Meanwhile, sane and reasonable people who suffer from painful, debilitating, terminal illness get left out in the cold entirely.

Im pro life. But even more, im pro sanity, which it seems we get very little of.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Equating having a baby to slavery is stupid, yet you keep saying it as if it makes it true.

If these women don’t want kids, ultimately they shouldn’t be having sex. Since they do have sex, they know damn well what that could lead to, and they take the chance anyway.

They should either prepare for dealing with the consequences or abstain.
I’m not equating having a baby to slavery. I’m saying that if you take away a woman’s choice, you are forcing her to have babies they don’t want. You are removing her free will. Trapping her with a man and a child she doesn’t want. How is that not slavery?

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   

There are lots of human lives i don't want. But i don't get to kill them. Slavery or not.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Lol, you’d be very wrong on that front, guy. I’ve had no problem with the opposite sex, lets say. I’ve also been very careful, and if one of my intercourses would have resulted in an unplanned pregnancy, I would do the right thing and raise my child, not tear it from the womb simply because I did not plan for it to happen.

No, sex is not violence in my eyes, and yes I am aware that people enjoy it. Good for them, but they’re generally adults and are aware of the potential outcomes of the reproductive act.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   
CON

The baby growing is not "a part of the woman's body". It's a human being that was created by two people having sex.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Pro.

To all of you saying people should abstain from having sex let me remind you it's one the few remaining pleasures that do not cost money, unless of course you can't pick up women and or you have children because they're expensive.

Yes, but you are aware that sex can lead to pregnancy, right? Better be ready to pay the house when you roll those dice (die? Not sure what the plural of dice is).

Using abortion as a form of birth control after the fact is supremely messed up, and I don’t care what justifications amoral people spout, nor for the mental gymnastics required to believe such a thing is a-ok.
edit on 13-5-2019 by RandomPerson because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Many people are against abortion, but aren’t for taking away rights from our fellow citizens. I think your poll needs new more options. [/quote

I agree, this is too complex an issue for 'yeah' or 'nay'.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

There are lots of human lives i don't want. But i don't get to kill them. Slavery or not.
If one of those humans tried to use you for a blood bag and drain you of nutrients, while also tying you to a guy you didn’t want to be around or pay for, for the rest of your life, what would you do about that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join