It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forum Domination by Politics

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
How sad is it that 16 of the top 17 topics are in the political mud pit or other political forums? There must be more things to talk about than regurgitating political news stories from other websites.
edit on 9-5-2019 by DoubleDNH because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DoubleDNH

People just love propaganda. It's funny, one of the key things about how propaganda works is the people echoing it back think they are thinking for themselves. It's really amazing how that part of it works. The echo chamber element of propaganda is talked about in this video:

How powerful is a technology when you can convince people they are thinking for themselves!!!

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoubleDNH
How sad is it that 16 of the top 17 topics are in the political mud pit or other political forums? There must be more things to talk about than regurgitating political news stories from other websites.

People talk about what they're passionate about, and with how the world is changing lately, politics is making a lot of people passionate. It may be annoying, but with how things are changing, people feel need to vent about it. If they don't, then it gets bottled up and may come out in a worse way.

You don't have to read those threads, y'know?

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Rather than complain, why don't you start a thread about something that interests you?

I agree that the political threads become monotonous, but, apparently, there is a lot of interest.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

One day we woke
got all excited
excitement wore off

Now we be like armchair athletes
and armchair spectators
flags and stars baby!

Shame that this thread is in the no-star zone.
I'm sure my post would have been worth a whole lotta stars.
Oh well

edit on 9-5-2019 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

People just love propaganda. It's funny, one of the key things about how propaganda works is the people echoing it back think they are thinking for themselves. It's really amazing how that part of it works. The echo chamber element of propaganda is talked about in this video:

How powerful is a technology when you can convince people they are thinking for themselves!!!

Powerful indeed.

Give said tool to every and anyone, watch society slowly collapse.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

Rather than complain, why don't you start a thread about something that interests you?

I agree that the political threads become monotonous, but, apparently, there is a lot of interest.

That would be my suggestion as well.

Be the Change you wish to see

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
A= All

T= Trump

S= Stories

welcome to the NEW ATS..the one with so many ads it's hard to even open to read.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
So I went and made a thread about food to change the flavor of the recents page.
( LOL see what I did there?)

But guess what...
Its not showing up..
It shows in new but not on recents...
I tried but I'm gonna need some support from the PTB lol.
edit on 592019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: baddmove

🌟

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I did ... but why cant I see it on the "recent" page?

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
Have you forgotten there is a second "Recent Posts" page for the "off-topic" topics like food and religion?

As of now, your thread is in third place there;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 9-5-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I've created a few posts.. they go no where because the front page is dominated by politics.. oh well.. things change.. not always for the better. Just need to find a new website that has actual conspiracies on it.. this place has turned into breitbart.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I've noticed it is really just a small amount of the same people creating the political threads. One of the cool things that other forums let you do that ATS should adopt is the ability to "ignore" certain users so you don't see their threads or posts.

There is one poster here who continuously makes derogatory statements about women and it blows my mind he is allowed to continue posting.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Oh I see, now that the "Trump Collusion" investigation is a bust and the tides are going to be turning to the other side, those on that side don't want political threads, No bias at all right?

when the threads start about Democrats being investigated for fruad we should not make threads on that.

Obvious Troll is obvious (to me)

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Quoted for truth.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Propaganda is when you automatically believe what is fed to you. Most threads on ATS are made to discuss the subject and research from different perspectives.

You think ignoring what’s happening in the world is making you enlightened somehow? You’re just ignorant if you dont do your homework.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
a reply to: dfnj2015

Propaganda is when you automatically believe what is fed to you. Most threads on ATS are made to discuss the subject and research from different perspectives.

You think ignoring what’s happening in the world is making you enlightened somehow? You’re just ignorant if you dont do your homework.

What is happening is that opposing sides are cherry-picking research and research can be pro or con depending upon one's perspective and/or confirmation bias.

Confirmation bias tastes very good.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati
Oh I see, now that the "Trump Collusion" investigation is a bust and the tides are going to be turning to the other side, those on that side don't want political threads, No bias at all right?

when the threads start about Democrats being investigated for fruad we should not make threads on that.

Obvious Troll is obvious (to me)

it's funny.

Obama, Hillary looking like she was winning, Trump colluding with Russia. . . plenty of threads, not an issue.

Now?

Hillary losing, no collusion, Trump innocent. . . "Why do we have to have political threads?"

I smell a conspiracy!

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I smell something, but not a conspiracy.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join